Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
10 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Any photos to share?

Nope, only have puddles and rain water running down the road. Was only a very brief wintry shower. 
The best we have had for a while, all 8 seconds of it. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Folks, Cleary high frustration is hot topic in some posts !..This event was never an all action for OUR regional thread, TBH Snow fall never is guaranteed for all. Yes granted what is predicted builds the hopes, but with the current climate (Reality) and a much bigger atmosphere event that has happened prior, events take time to take place,  possibly on the horizon something a bit more rewarding to come. Stay Safe and keep the fun going. Still the best regional thread.

Jason.

• Like 6

Posted

Now I am probably setting myself up for a huge fall here. I have to say there is an enormous amount of peeps on here using the apps as gospel. They are utter nonsense and not worth the paper or system they are using. 

God take me back to the halcyon days of feb 1st 2009 the epic streamer that dumped a foot and a half on my doorstep.

No apps just radar and lamppost watching and taking note if what at the time the Amber and red warnings issued.

There are a few toys being thrown tonight which I am hugely disappointed in as this is a very friendly place.

We still have 6 weeks of winter and this aint your usual biggest of Atlantic driven drivel. Lets chill peeps and see what comes over next few weeks 

Peace out

• Like 7

Posted
1 minute ago, Sparky68 said:

Just been out to check Rd conditions, not looking forward to my 40 mile commute

remember when i worked at RAF Henlow and used to drive there every day from SE18. A1M was atrocious in winter (when we had proper ones that is) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, snow, and cold snowy snow

I have to say the met office weather app has been complete garbage over the past 8 weeks (since winter started) especially when it comes to snow predictions for my area.  Yesterday it was forecast with a double snow icon for around 3 hours, but two hours before it changed to cloudy with a light breeze, and the same again today.  Same thing happened early Dec.  Surely even the meto can virtually ‘nowcast’ and get it right occasionally

Posted

I feel frustration of those of you who have missed out today, at least it's only 24th Jan and still over a month left of some decent potential. After the next few days, the charts could throw anything our way from the weekend - nothing decided.

For those of us in SW London today it certainly lifted the current mood. Heavy snowfall during the day and not on a work day. Some many happy faces when we went for a walk earlier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

That PPN still looks strong, if it stays like this should get 1 hour of top up.  We had 7cm earlier in Woodley Reading.

B90CBA68-FF66-4432-A31B-6A1C391DA37B.jpeg

AF293D49-8189-4B95-81F1-8D30F5B40F2E.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
7 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Folks, Cleary high frustration is hot topic in some posts !..This event was never an all action for OUR regional thread, TBH Snow fall never is guaranteed for all. Yes granted what is predicted builds the hopes, but with the current climate (Reality) and a much bigger atmosphere event that has happened prior, events take time to take place,  possibly on the horizon something a bit more rewarding to come. Stay Safe and keep the fun going. Still the best regional thread.

Jason.

Agree - The frustration is causing some to turn on one another 

Luckily I got my snow fix today otherwise I'd probably would be sulking too 

Edited by D.V.R
grammar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I thought my location did well. Just 10 miles up the road at my nearest official weather station....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Still some light snow coming down in Bedford but what a surprising day. Up to about 6cm. Didn’t expect that tbh. Very lucky compared to some. If the skies clear later will be a tricky morning drive. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I still don't know quite what region I fit into...

But anyway, very disappointing here in Aylesbury. We managed to go through a hole in the band of snow earlier and got about 2cm, which has now completely melted. Colleagues in Chesham and Berkhamsted have had about 10cm, even work in Wendover (just 5 miles away) got double what we had. 

Hey ho, still better than anything since March 2018.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
3 minutes ago, spayne said:

drifting....?

Blowing in the wind

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, snow, and cold snowy snow
1 minute ago, SF-02 said:

That band / streamer moving into Norwich looks to be just rain

I have just messaged a mate of mine in the red zone of that streamer, so will let you know what his lamp posts are telling him!

Posted
2 minutes ago, SF-02 said:

That band / streamer moving into Norwich looks to be just rain

Won’t be once it gets over 20 miles inland 

Posted

For those in Kent who missed out earlier there’s good news and not so good news . Good news is that the reds are showing as the precip heads inland so it should be snow. The not so good news is that the precip doesn’t look that heavy. That said it might be showing less than is falling and things could pep up. I’d imagine our contingent in north Kent like medway should be having some light snow now/shortly 

671C17AD-6115-49A9-BF4D-065F0976C02E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

If you cannot see it, then it is only happening with iPhones.

It's worked on Android phones for years, so it's down to the browser/device. Have you tried another browser?

I don't think it's being lazy not putting a location in. How are posters supposed to know that other members are using an iPhone and cannot see profile details?

Would definitely agree it’s an iPhone issue! I’ve never been able to see location details in landscape mode on my iPhone. Its a shame but obviously an Apple quirk 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
8 minutes ago, XLNC said:

That PPN still looks strong, if it stays like this should get 1 hour of top up.  We had 7cm earlier in Woodley Reading.

B90CBA68-FF66-4432-A31B-6A1C391DA37B.jpeg

AF293D49-8189-4B95-81F1-8D30F5B40F2E.jpeg

So happy for those who got lucky.

But I have been under ppn all day on radar and had nothing but 2 mins of grauple