Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Just rain here, like it’s been all day, apart from a little flurry earlier on this morning

Posted
4 minutes ago, paget said:

Evening! 

it’s been a lovely day! 2 hours of gorgeous big flake snow, a walk around the lanes and a huge hearty dinner! 

ive now decided bed and tv is calling after such a lovely day! 

i hope some of you had a good one 

xx 

I think i you you 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

We usually do pretty well here, but by the time the front arrived, the temp had gone up and although we had big flakes for a while and some fairly heavy snow, it was instantly melting on the ground- I cannot tell you how disappointed my kids are - they got a snow bike last Christmas and have been dying to use it, so sad it’s going back in the garage with the rest of the unused sledges!

2FCBA54F-BEAC-4EFB-BB9B-D4729E005DF0.jpeg

Just now, snowspotter said:

I share your pain I was convinced I was getting another failure . But it ended up most snow since 2018 I think

BCED6C8D-46CF-4D93-B5A7-C5BCCE9FE180.jpeg

78FFBED2-39F0-4195-B11F-79B90F5C8BCD.jpeg

IMG_4630.MOV

Looks like you squeezed about 1cm more than me here cars looked like that earlier here to similar depth.. Places like Ascot that are higher than me have around 3cm then 3 miles away places like Windlesham a friend posted pics from his house and he has about 7cm

Posted
2 minutes ago, North Downs Snowboarder said:

The vigorous energy in the front suggests that if it does snow in Lutons it will be massive clods that are the size of binlids - that's what it's always like there

I think around the North M25 section could take a hit too, hopefully at least a dusting further south than that.? 

Posted

The radar is looking very interesting 

A definitive southwards shift happening 

Places just north of London could get a few more cms

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Big flakes starting to fall again in Stevenage...round 2 possibly? 

• Like 1

Posted

Still snowing in Peterborough. Took dog out for a walk started snowing heavily again somewhere between 3 and 4 inches 

• Like 4

Posted

The wrap around has started so the band of precepitation should start moving back south and out of the SE ealry tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
4 minutes ago, FetchCB said:

Still snowing in Peterborough. Took dog out for a walk started snowing heavily again somewhere between 3 and 4 inches 

Inches? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow

I know this isn't personal, but it FEELS personal - band of snow giving me the finger just as it looks like it was going to hit

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, FetchCB said:

My daughter has done well too in Sawtry judging by the photos she sent me

Posted

I can't believe that its still just plain old rain here in north Essex. The radar suggests heavy rain as well but in reality it's very light.

Posted
1 minute ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Big flakes starting to fall again in Stevenage...round 2 possibly? 

Yep... all this to the north coming our way ??⛄️ Although it will start to fragment and weaken during the evening. Expect we could get another 3-4cm

C2531811-89EE-41F1-921C-0DF801954AEC.jpeg

Posted

Well done to everyone who had snow today! Enjoyed looking through the photos and videos. Unfortunately another damp squib here in SE Essex. Had the odd grauple/hail shower but has been mostly rain. 
Have my fingers crossed to see what February will bring to us here but not holding my breath, approaching 36months without lying snow now and I need my fix soon!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
19 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Ok we have a bit of rain and sleet on the air now and supposedly we are in the best ppn zone on the radar ... wouldn’t get your hopes up those further south lol

There are definitely some warm sectors around (notably one around Ely), but the dew points are quickly coming down and the ppn has still got some welly in it. Everything that falls away from coasts should soon be of snow rather than rain/sleet.

Dew Point Temps.png

WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The UK Met Office Weather Observation Website (WOW). WOW allows anyone to submit their own weather data, anywhere in the world.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
3 minutes ago, Gonzolio Martinez said:

I know this isn't personal, but it FEELS personal - band of snow giving me the finger just as it looks like it was going to hit

Not sure what’s worse - watching it pass so closely as snow or have it hit you and rain?