Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Not sure what went wrong across Kent, but people on the Downs are even reporting rain now. Absolute flop for most SE of London. Wont know until the re-analysis but my guess is a wedge of less cold air aloft moved in across Kent from the south as winds veered southerly, combined with the band fragmenting & weakening meant rain rather than snow for many. 

Areas that saw the heaviest precip, London etc have done very well. 

What a sh*t winter this has been for us down here.

Shocking rise in temps for me forecast for the beeb and met were max 1c nearly made 5.0c today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Best snow since March 2018 here in NE London. A good few cm’s, approaching an inch during the heaviest part of the fall an hour or so ago. Started snowing again as that little back build blob over London pushes east:

999C30BA-B3EF-41F9-96D9-0AA1EBB8A747.jpeg

56DC02F7-A7D8-4FFD-8037-A39C3A8ACBC3.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
7 minutes ago, Matty J said:

Met O radar seems to be a complete waste of time today for some reason. I’m under moderate precip now and it’s absolutely bone dry ??‍♂️

Normally their radar is spot on 

Same here in Cambridge. Been under ppn echoes for a while now and nothing but spots of rain falling. No snow at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Very light snow started 11am. Dog walk pic/video on outskirts of village midday, back garden starting to look wintery 12:40. Not a lot of snow, although it’s the first this year here and something to send my poor sister struggling with 43C where she lives in Australia.  What isn’t evident from garden video is the resident squirrel racing up and down one of the trees looking as though it’s doing a joyful snow dance, although the poor thing might well be trying the equivalent of a panic buy at the first hint of snow. 

C02DE2A7-6CEF-44CE-9D0C-2A25399233F0.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

20210124_124516.jpg

Edited by James1979
  • Like 2

Posted

Some proper dumpings go on which is good to see! Hopeful of seeing something later here from the bend back in the form of showers but looks like west is best for this region. Pivot point and sweet spot looks to be west of Cambridge. Seems like the front is breaking up on the NE edge, maybe due to some shearing of the winds off the coast(and slightly milder air)? Also would tie in with reports of rain on the Kent and Essex coast 

Posted

Only chance for those of us in South Essex is later from around 6pm onwards when the wind swings round to the north and we do not have the wind from the south east which has absolutely killed it here so far today. You watch later the temperature will drop but nothing will fall from the sky!

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, john mac1 said:

Rapid melt already!

Same here now its raining it is rapidly melting the 0.0cm we got

• Like 1

Posted

Evrapotive cooling do your thing I beg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Ended up with about 7cm I reckon in Holmbury St Mary... lovely sledging and snowman making snow!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of any kind

Just outside Ashford and all I’ve seen today is cold rain with a couple flakes mixed in early on. Happy for those who’ve had a decent covering though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms

Well whilst fitting a new exaust to my partners car here in hullbridge the heavens finally opened......it was rain again been looking forward to this event for 3 days will we ever see snow again in Essex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

6C4AF488-F4AF-42BF-A4FE-F5EC8F62CAE5.thumb.jpeg.6bf8344dcb45cc3c71d659f11f449762.jpeg

Im where this cross is and nothing is falling from the sky, despite the darker echoes. Very deflating.

Posted

We've had two flurries so far, both lasting about ten seconds. Hopefully the main band gets this far north and east, stalls, pivots, stalls again and buries me in snow.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Kentieo Weather said:

Time to call it a day soon still no snow this winter so far take I am going to kick the can down the road for another week then all of a sudden it will be spring.

We may get a last shout end Feb beginning March, when the N Sea has cooled to about as cool as it might get in the far SE. But if no then you're right. I will enjoy those early warm sunny days in my sun trap patio! Few years back got something like 17C around 10th March, which in the sun was fab!