Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms
Just now, Froze were the Days said:

Lovely deep snow here, as you can see! Snow shield continues in this part of Essex this winter.

20210124_121826.jpg

Shocking isn't it....there was a few flakes in the air first thing here in hullbridge now the main band is over us and theres nothing falling not even rain  

• Like 2

Posted

Just got in from my walk - drizzle has stopped for now. The echoes on the radar certainly do not accurately represent what's coming down here though.

Posted

I'm sorry for those of you who have missed out - must be depressing seeing so many in the west of the region doing well.  For me in Sunbury it's our heaviest fall in a number of years and it is still falling now as the back building of the front continues over us. We are normally not in a good place but hit lucky today.

Restores my faith that it's still possible - reckon we have a good 5cm (2 inches here)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)

Very brief lull but now back to full on 50p flakes here in TW13. When is it due to end? grass covered again after snowman making earlier ,  well above expectations!

• Like 1

Posted

Deffo melt around here, the roads which aren't even that busy here on a Sunday are clearing from the limited traffic they've had, so I presume the main roads are likely to be snow-less. The NW radar still has whatever is left moving to my east, so the MO forecast for this area seems to be the most accurate. 

I'll pop out for a walk in 30mins or so and see what it's like a bit further out. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme....more snow the better

Just started in Ramsey st Mary's, 10 miles south of Peterborough. Sledges are in the car ready, just need to find a hill now... easier said than done in the fens. Good luck gang

• Like 4

Posted

Under the precip on radar yet nothing is falling

Posted

Managed to get out for 3 hours. Got a good 4-5 inches here in GU35 eventually. Sun is shining now but snow is remaining strong. First snow settle for 2 years here so very happy. Everyone who got it, enjoy and whoever hasn't, there's still plenty of time left this winter.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

In fact looking at radar the cold front is already over you, probably when the DP started dropping. Let me know if it transitions.

Not yet, holding steady at 4.3c DP 2.0c

Just had some ice pellets

Posted

Proper heavy snow now here in west Cambs. Got a good covering - let’s hope it continues for a bit longer. My son is desperate to make a snowman

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chiltern_Blizzard said:

Non stop falling snow for 4 hours. But dp too high. All melting. So annoying. 4 inches up on hills. 

Where are you in the chilterns  ...... sounds v odd that nothing has stuck ?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Had some snow, more of a sleety mix at the moment, more flakes than rain though, be lovely if temps and dew points dropped a bit, must be so close

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Tantalisingly close here now. Nothing yet, but snow coming down in buckets 10-15 miles west. So cruel!

Posted
4 minutes ago, blueballs said:

Just started in Ramsey st Mary's, 10 miles south of Peterborough. Sledges are in the car ready, just need to find a hill now... easier said than done in the fens. Good luck gang

Good luck with that, maybe something over Sawtry way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
45 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Actually am quite proud of 35 months of snow less heaven here and  confident we can make it to 48 months by next Feb

Current view

IMG_20210124_114654.jpg

Nice new shed...putting all your shovels, sleighs and skis in there?...yes it has been dreadful for our part of Essex this winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Turning heavier again here but quite wet snow. It's going to be insanely icy if skies clear later. 

• Like 1