Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I’m hoping to see something in cambridge, but it all depends when and where that front pivots and dives SE. All very knife edge here!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

Still feeling uneasy for London as some signs the ppn could break up and the heavy snow could go around us

Most will see falling snow today though finally ❄️

Yep, this thing is slooow. Hope it's not already stalling

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, 3cats said:

We have friends who live in Frome too and the video they’ve posted this morning of the snow is just amazing! 

Winter wonderland it’s being described as !! Hopefully we all see it today 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Still feeling uneasy for London as some signs the ppn could break up and the heavy snow could go around us (harmonie)

Most will see falling snow today though finally ❄️

This was shown by some of the v high res models ..

however, it’s always a case of nowcasting and watching the radar to see where the intensity is dropping (and rising) as the precip arrives in your area .....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

I’m hoping to see something in cambridge, but it all depends when and where that front pivots and dives SE. All very knife edge here!

ICON chart looks good for your location

D36E39A2-B91A-4508-8C54-3D8652EF2EFE.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

This was shown by some of the v high res models ..

however, it’s always a case of nowcasting and watching the radar to see where the intensity is dropping (and rising) as the precip arrives in your area .....

Very much so @bluearmy. Ignore the models now, just watch the radar and see it unfold live.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW! And a good thunderstorm

We have snow in Reading now, seemed to take ages for it to arrive so hopefully that means it’ll stick around for a while! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Just seen met office have extended the yellow warning to the whole of EA as the snow band tracking more north and east....however not all of  Northern EA we see snow... Still not expecting much here in Mid Norfolk I still think the band of snow will break up by the time it reaches us...

Posted

Met office have extended one of the warning areas to include my location in Suffolk now. I do love a morning warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Had our coldest night of winter here in Locksbottom hitting -3.1(previous best was -2.7) and very thick frost.currently-1.4 @ 8am.Optimistic now looking at radar that I will get a light covering now of 1-2cms which will be nice but I think those west of london(Surrey Berkshire Oxfordshire etc should get a solid 5cms I would think).I will be interested how it pivots and moves away late afternoon and evening as I think there is potential for London and Kent may get another light accumulation between 5-9pm today❄️Fascinating how this pans out and then evaluation can take place how the models performed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I've no concerns of snow band stalling before it reaches most members, think 00z EC should have a fairly good handle on the progression of the snow band today, everyone should get a few hours of snow, Midlands does look the sweet spot, as usual,  with the bands pivoting here - i.e. lingering longer.

• Like 1

Posted

We have snow in Bordon east hampshite now. Paths and roads are white from where its settling so easy. Radar has been showing for a while but must of not been making it to the ground. Had a shower of graupel earlier too. Bring on the snow. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Radar 07.50: 823612667_Radar24Jan07_50.thumb.jpg.e973402a39d2a55e1a3e36f283aefb82.jpg

Arome sequence thru to early hours of Monday:

anim_drv8.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, spear said:

Met office have extended one of the warning areas to include my location in Suffolk now. I do love a morning warning

I'm in it as well now in North Essex so will see what happens. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted

I was alarmed to see my phone app showing rain! however if it makes it here (which I am convinced it will within the hour) I am expecting snow. It is slow though. Come to daddy radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Are we seeing the front pivot..  Looking near Worcester. In which case, looks like Northampton / Milton Keynes / possibly Cambridge could be the sweet spot today.