South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
1 hour ago, chionomaniac said:

Ok

UKV just updated

closer now

0F1DA0DC-F22F-41CB-B38E-78867861B113.thumb.png.a91b774c48cdfb064ea4b5cc4583e1d6.png

8D8A9577-110F-4200-9AE5-EA84D722FB0C.thumb.png.2ac2d7eb6064dcbc5bc9b62b88b2f4f5.png

Still a miserable amount of snow as far as I am concerned. 

depends on how much one has not seen

Posted

For me 1-2 hours of probably of wet snow between 9-10 am followed by a wait for the fading occlusion to drift south and then minimal. Met office app suggests sleet only too. Normally the worst case scenario is the real scenario in expected snowfalls. Probably get more on Monday when not mentioned

Looks like we are both going to miss out again. Why is it so hard for our area to get zone when places just to our north and east have seen snow. Eastbound has even had snow down to the beach this winter. 

• Like 1

Posted

I can't say I'm optimistic at my location but you never know. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

As above, perfect upgrade for London, Essex and Herts. If forecast is reality, then a lot of snow today in these areas :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

For me 1-2 hours of probably of wet snow between 9-10 am followed by a wait for the fading occlusion to drift south and then minimal. Met office app suggests sleet only too. Normally the worst case scenario is the real scenario in expected snowfalls. Probably get more on Monday when not mentioned

Met office.apps been changing so much I can't keep up it was completely dry or showing rain at times yesterday but now at the 11th hour I have heavy snow symbols a little sleet then hours and hours of light snow its the best yet! BBC shows a mix but mentions heavy snow.

By the time I've typed this out no doubt it will have downgraded again

Screenshot_20210124-021455_Met Office.jpg

Screenshot_20210124-021500_Met Office.jpg

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

FWIW, Exeter say northern extent of the precipitation today is River Orwell at 14Z, so basically Suffolk border southwards looks to see something from late morning before it dies off around dusk. London does look the sweet spot to be honest, lets hope the UKV is on the ball this time.

My thoughts on today's event if anyone fancies a read at this ungodly hour: https://www.essexweather.com/weather-forecast/

It will be interesting to see if UKMO update the existing warning. This wouldn't be the usual 11Z update, more likely 05-06Z if confidence or impacts have increased. Yellow is sufficient still, certainly not amber territory.

Should be a good day for the region, those who have missed out from prior events 

Edited by essexweather
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
46 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Make my own sausages. Yummy

B1303515-0EF1-4643-8801-6CF13ED7DBB2.jpeg

Darn it! They look yum...and I feel I might have to make a post-midnight snack now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Very excited to see my snow has been upgraded again ( after Saturday's good start then downgrade, then upgrade a bit). Now show potential from 8am - 10pm . Everything is crossed ❄❄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

when is the precipitation supposed to start and do I need an umbrella or sledge?

Edited by lassie23

Posted

@Daniel* Me too!

Screenshot_20210124-043137_Chrome.jpg

Posted

Well I joked yesterday about how stupid an upgrade on my app was, now I’ve got a more realistic upgrade, looking at that UKV further up which has really taken me by surprise. Fingers crossed on a selfish note  

• Like 1

I could not sleep in excitement very frosty here in NE London Walthamstow. Can see now that the high cloud has crept over now. Looks like an upgrade for London app says 11am now for kick off al the way to 8 pm woww if all that settles and is fairly heavy could be a good surprise but fingers crossed for all you nice peeps everywhere

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Wow.... It's snowing outside.............

Just kidding, did you rush out of bed to take a look?

Sorry but I'm praying for snow today, we have missed out to many times already this winter...

Edited by The BEAST From The East
  • Like 2

We still looking at the computer generated symbol forcasts I know its desperate times but come on guys and girls you know the score now.. Radar time.. 

Looks to me ARPEGE AND ICON to be dropped far to of the mark.. GFS was of the mark last night and I knew it would be so binned that too..

Looks like the UKV and to some extent the Euro4 and arome although armoe goes to far north I feel in the afternoon its also struggling with the PPN behind the main band.. EURO4 touch to north but I assume will correct on the 06z when it eventually comes out.. 

5CM is being reported out of some western regions and they are just passing under the front without it slowing down and stalling. 

What will happen now is the northern part of the front will slow right down and decay into nothing for the next few hours as the southern part of the band swings North East.. This will then slow down and almost stop.. Pivot and then slowly sink south. 

Who ever lands under the pivot (still looking like London/West London Surrey hills) will hit the sweet spot and I'm guessing 8-10cm if intensity can keep up while it pivots 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1