Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Not a bad day here in Locksbottom.a chilly but bright morning with temps at 2 degrees at 7am but clouds rolled in and the breeze got up a little with maximum temperature at 6.7.Stayed dry here though till this evening but think there could be some more rain overnight.Looks like north Wales and NW ENGLAND could get some serious heavy rain in next 48-72 hours.Going to be pretty wet in the SE As well ,especially Wednesday but not as severe as up North.

Stay safe.

• Like 3

Thankfully a step down on rainfall totals in our region on high res.. 

ICON upto to Saturday has a meer 12mm of rain accumulated by Saturday for my location .. It varies across the region with some wetter places of course.. 

No change though for the peeps in the high risk areas =( some big totals 

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Not nice out there this morning. A421 between Cambs and Milton Keynes is resembling a stream. Bring on the light mornings and sunshine 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
9 hours ago, snowrye said:

That's good, last post I read was that some of your posts had been removed in the mad thread.

Yes, I was banned for not knowing enough despite have done everything I could after that I was allowed to Post but after 1 post that was liked by a mod and not taken down I was banned again. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
Just now, Hurricane Squad said:

Yes, I was banned for not knowing enough despite have done everything I could after that I was allowed to Post but after 1 post that was liked by a mod and not taken down I was banned again. 

They are a bit anal in there 

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Sparky68 said:

Not nice out there this morning. A421 between Cambs and Milton Keynes is resembling a stream. Bring on the light mornings and sunshine 

The rainfall doesn't look too bad thankfully despite the Amber warning.

Since the flood warning phone call on Christmas Eve its been bit of a concern.

River is extremely high, all time record was on Dec 23rd, something going seriously wrong here lately.

• Like 2

Posted

Not going to be that much rain in SE over the next few days despite the drama and histrionics on here and elsewhere. Patch rain and drizzle mostly. Breezy and mild. 12c currently in the capital. May take tomorrow off work and start some early spring allotment work. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

A balmy 10.3 here at8am in Locksbottom,warmest it has been all year(temperature obviously risen throughout the night).Just dark and cloudy here but as others have said rain totals have been reduced for SE today,especially for today although tomorrow looks a poopy day☔

Posted

Officially done with winter here. Even the Sahara is getting more snow than us

https://news.sky.com/story/sahara-desert-rare-snowfall-leaves-extraordinary-pattern-on-sand-dunes-12192141

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Why do we have weather warnings on the met and the bbc making reference to them, yet the graphics show negligible rain (comparatively) for the South East, can they not just apply logic and reality to the very same graphics they're presenting? Most of today and tomorrow looking drizzly at best on the latest 'forecast'. Week in week out this sort of stuff happens now. 

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Southender said:

https://news.sky.com/story/sahara-desert-rare-snowfall-leaves-extraordinary-pattern-on-sand-dunes-12192141

Well I'm just glad Sky News told us where the Sahara desert is. Who'd have known.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Hurricane Squad said:

Eh? all you have to know, is how to post a 10+ day chart and type "BOOM" 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Was so mild this morning, that half way through the dog walk I had to take my coat off! Hopefully less rain than forecast over the next few days, we really need a good few weeks without any to get the river levels down here, but even with less rain than expected I fear another load of flooding over here, as levels have only just gone down enough, still high, so any amount will cause more problems. For now its quite breezy, but sun trying to make it out for a while.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, RJBingham said:

Eh? all you have to know, is how to post a 10+ day chart and type "BOOM" 

also if a cold extreme has been classed as NAILED at +144! and you show a warm rain bearing westerly system to spoil the party that does pay off and you've upset a majority of the coldies mod thread.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Southender said:

And parts of Japan. This prefecture is on the same latitude as Southern Spain.

_116575606_mediaitem116567736.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

One person is killed and at least 10 are injured after cars collide on the Tohoku Expressway.

Posted

agree not sure why we in the SE have a yellow warning for rain tomorrow  as it looks mostly dry albeit drizzle ...we are set yet again to miss all the action .. maybe just as well as we roll out the vaccine programme..maybe the METO know  differently over the BBC ECM

Posted
8 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

Okay so we have a yellow warning out, we will hardly have any rain over the next couple of days however last week when we had lots of flooding across the south east due to heavy rain, not a single warning from the met office 

Is the system still developing? Just wondering if that's the case for the yellow warning, could be met just covering their backsides for this one just in case of non-stop rain between now and Thursday even though intermittent. but as you said, seen worse with no warning.

Posted

although the METO long range forecast could be written better its the general trend and ethos i look for . It did get the potential for winter weather in the south wrong in the 2018/2019 SSW event over new year that time but overall it does get the general trends nailed on . Its still flagging low confidence but general feeling Feb will be a rinse and repeat of Jan with the south on the wrong side of the jet with regards to weather front with those further north doing better.  Another sobering winter chase - would of been much needed break for decent snow here in SE during lock down - its been a fascinating chase down from likes of Chino and Catacol on initial SSW if the final result didnt produce a more snowy outlook 

I always remember being in London;  going from 1991 Feb to January 2003 without what i would call a decent snow event ie settling snow in central london and sticking around of decent depths might be another long wait

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
42 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

Okay so we have a yellow warning out, we will hardly have any rain over the next couple of days however last week when we had lots of flooding across the south east due to heavy rain, not a single warning from the met office 

Due to that we have saturated ground, so any rain could cause problems to areas where rivers are already high. It's not just about the amount of rain, but conditions already on the ground too. I'm sure people near places that still have lots of standing water, understand exactly what the warning is for 

Posted

Sorry, but I just can't see what the warnings for here in the SE are about. every forecast i have seen shows a typical seasonal rain showery type of weather. So why is there a warning.

OK, previous weather may have made ground conditions less than desirable, but its still just the norm for the time of year surely???

Pretty sure that people prone to flooding are all too aware of the risk of some rain. Pretty sure the ""light rain"" symbols just don't justify a warning.

This verifies what a few posters above seem to be saying.

Why the warning?? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, MAF said:

Sorry, but I just can't see what the warnings for here in the SE are about. every forecast i have seen shows a typical seasonal rain showery type of weather. So why is there a warning.

OK, previous weather may have made ground conditions less than desirable, but its still just the norm for the time of year surely???

Pretty sure that people prone to flooding are all too aware of the risk of some rain. Pretty sure the ""light rain"" symbols just don't justify a warning.

This verifies what a few posters above seem to be saying.

Why the warning?? 

Light rain for long periods on wet ground, may as well be heavy. Fingers crossed it for no reason. But some may get very unlucky.

Posted
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Light rain for long periods on wet ground, may as well be heavy. Fingers crossed it for no reason. But some may get very unlucky.

the point is, it should be for a reason otherwise we end up crying wolf all the time. Bit like saying what the weather will be in 10 days time