Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
37 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I was listening to smooth radio in the car this morning and the woman was saying how this Jan will be the coldest Jan since 1963! .. Really??

She's obviously on gas and air anyhow what was it like to see falling ❄️. More to come at the end of next week and probably lasting for more than a couple of hours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
Just now, A Frayed Knot said:

She's obviously on gas and air anyhow what was it like to see falling ❄️. More to come at the end of next week and probably lasting for more than a couple of hours.

Yeah, it was a really enjoyable experience 

Just waiting for the day to actually experience the feel of it under my feet and in my hands again

• Like 2

Posted

CET upto and Including the 15th is 2.3c

So......................... For it to get down to 1979 levels we would need a deep freeze to occur over the next 2 weeks, something tells me she is going to be VERY wrong

Even 1985 had a CET of 0.8c

Its crud and lazy journalism tbh just like most of these pages that spout rubbish about beasts from the east most weeks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted

A round up of a few places in the SE this morning from my friends/family.

Looks like my old stomping ground of blue bell hill (north Kent downs) did well at 600ft asl. My friend sent me this when she was out walking this morning. She said there was about 2-3 cms 

72A5D587-CB95-40D6-907F-D05AE9EC606E.thumb.jpeg.97c88d66140ef1a8def4bc3a770ea9a0.jpeg

I also have a friend on the Suffolk/Norfolk border at low ground who sent me this... just a little less. So it made all the difference being north of the Thames and inland, unless you had a lot of elevation further south. 
D4B7706B-807A-4A7C-89D2-5BFFEF21D626.thumb.jpeg.4314b3726209173a68afe19734c40873.jpeg

And then there was my cousin bless him - big snow fan who lives in Ipswich and this is all he got...

60DEDFAD-1030-47E5-B587-B7FAC48B0D45.thumb.jpeg.bb83d855ff2bc2d041750f34ffb27c5d.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Sun's out, light winds and 9c feels almost spring-like out there.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Sun's out, light winds and 9c feels almost spring-like out there.

Still only 4c here, winds might turn soon.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Still only 4c here, winds might turn soon.

The change of air mass is very noticeable here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)

Up to 8 degrees here in TW13, still not a solitary flake this winter.  Shall start looking forward to spring warmth in a couple of weeks.  Maybe next weekends marginal event will bring the goods....

• Like 1

Posted

Still over an inch of lying snow except from the pavement/roads which had turned to the biggest slushy mess ever, very sloppy under foot

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

What are people's DPs right now? I think my station is broken. -11C and falling here which seems insanely low just after a warm front has passed through.

Yeah pretty safe to say that’s wrong by a long way!! DP should be around 5c

• Thanks 1

Posted

Cant  believe we are being mocked about some of the snow we got here in the yorkshire e england thread,its only weather you know.,are people really that sad..

• Like 9

Posted
44 minutes ago, Southender said:

Christ. Let’s hope this is wrong ?‍♀️ 

167F1CB6-4519-4FAE-AA0B-DC0EED71FC30.jpeg

I'm with you on that. Ouch.

Posted

The Met Office outlook looks a bit grim for the next few weeks for us in the south with atlantic fronts coming through with rain and periods of slightly milder temps with northern and central areas having wintry hazards with a risk of snowfall on the boundary wherever that will be and into feb a period of above slightly above average temps and above average rainfall for the south although they do say that there is a greater then average chance of cold spells spreading across the whole country,     Although it is a disappointment things seem to be changing at a fast rate of knots so my glass remains half full. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, southbank said:

Some nice photos - really was a transient event nothing more - to get a decent event in SE we just need different Synoptics - channel lows are just too rare so Thames / Kent streamers are the only Synoptics I get interested in 

there’s some great photos in the Yorkshire thread - they certainly had a decent event I just find the snidey SE remarks boring 

I won't venture into that thread anymore for that exact reason... I was going to congratulate them on their snowfall but left before rising to the bait!

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Icebox said:

I won't venture into that thread anymore for that exact reason... I was going to congratulate them on their snowfall but left before rising to the bait!

I never went in there, and after reading comments in here, have no intention of doing so.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I never went in there, and after reading comments in here, have no intention of doing so.

It’s only banter,just like some of your own querying the total posted,il put my rod away

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, caistor top said:

It’s only banter,just like some of your own querying the total posted,il put my rod away

It's ok, the tables turn in summer when it's hot and sunny here and cloudy and 17c there

Edited by Freeze
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, heat, sunshine and thunderstorms. Anything severe.

Not much in the way of snow today around here but the flooding is pretty bad still and I managed to get some decent photos whilst out on a walk. There were even people canoeing on the flooded fields earlier as well.

0F2FAE7F-E53F-44BB-AAC9-E2B19287415D.thumb.jpeg.8d8d5a452129a4b3b303a00560b4f387.jpegE64A27F7-EEDD-4085-91B6-21258E26CABF.thumb.jpeg.bd4058511e4f30d5f3fb2bf590b51da5.jpeg17F68BEA-C289-4CB5-A809-E459CCC15080.thumb.jpeg.808c202a746a3b5259d19b6d52eee2be.jpegD194CA33-67B3-4AF8-B627-E188076E26FC.thumb.jpeg.a862b6a929b3fec7fe77f1d863c873eb.jpegDD79277D-355C-41DF-A8AA-072EF0B9E90D.thumb.jpeg.32712d1bc92018972ba6791de7180a68.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
14 minutes ago, Freeze said:

It's ok, the tables turn in summer when it's hot and sunny here and cloudy and 17c there

Totally agree pal,we’ve had a shocker this winter so far in our neck of the woods, the 17c you mention might be for northern Scotland,we tend to do ok in summer but not as well as yous obviously