Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Gunna have a read of my book and post exerts and charts in here to dream about what winters we used to have. Hopefully it gives hope of what can happen and what winters used to be like. 

Lol. I’ll go back to watching Timmer chase the snow across Nebraska. Or put Day after tomorrow on.

Edited by Southender

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

20210116_094716.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Let's hope at some point in February we can get a true BFTE, so everyone across the SE & EA can see some snow with nothing marginal about it. I'm not confident we'll see a beast, but I remain hopeful. A true beast is something special!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Go and do some work and come down for coffee now rain and snow gone 

Never mind life goes on 

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Lol. I’ll go back to watching Timmer chase the snow across Nebraska.

Yes the Plains are having quite a winter it seems. Texas Panhandle, Kansas, Nebraska and the Dakotas, the High Plains also. Even a few of my Canadian Chase friends had a near 100mph Blizzard west of Saskatoon a few days back. All bodes well for plenty of moisture in the ground come Spring time now the quetion is, can we get over there to chase in the 2021 Tornado Season as it could be a belter.

• Like 1

Posted

2 mins of light snow at 7am here in headcorn then absolutely nothing apart from some drizzle. 

Nothing of note going to happen for the next week or so now apart from more rain so may have some time away !

I am happy for the ones that have seen snow. Anyway back to the cricket !

Posted
41 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh had a feeling Heybridge, Danbury etc would do ok out of this, my sweet spot would have been Braintree through Bury St Edmonds to west of Norwich so nice to see at least walkable crunchy snow pics coming in from there but certainly no Amber warning needed for this event - Another Fail for the Met Office

Paul I was just walking in Danbury with the kids before it turned to rain, probably 2-3cms, see pic

IMG_20210116_091624284.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Real dismal stuff here, what wet snow there was has now turned to rain...another slushting to add to the list!

20210116_094840.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes the Plains are having quite a winter it seems. Texas Panhandle, Kansas, Nebraska and the Dakotas, the High Plains also. Even a few of my Canadian Chase friends had a near 100mph Blizzard west of Saskatoon a few days back. All bodes well for plenty of moisture in the ground come Spring time now the quetion is, can we get over there to chase in the 2021 Tornado Season as it could be a belter.

Never chased. But it’s 100% on my bucket list before I pop my clogs. Need to see an EF4/5 up close and personal. Very jealous you get to do it pretty regularly.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Gunna have a read of my book and post exerts and charts in here to dream about what winters we used to have. Hopefully it gives hope of what can happen and what winters used to be like. 

Water butts frozen solid right through, icicles from gutter to floor, ice on the inside of windows, snow to car bumper level, burst pipes when it thawed, build a snowman and still not see the grass with plenty left to play snowball fights and home made sledges that actually got used! 

Have to laugh when people say it's getting bad at an inch or so of snow. 

Light snow now, about ¾" laying of wet snow. IMG_20210116_092045.thumb.jpg.7693c17945c7f04321a75ddd2dafad44.jpg

(Edit: the photo was taken earlier, a bit more laying now than shown here) 

Edited by SnowBear
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

woke up at 3am, then 5am and it was 'snowing' by six it was all rain, could hear it on the window.  So no idea if we had any snow lay or anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
35 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Can you add in thunderstorms in summer and wind events too? Will be nice to reminisce.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

6c and more heavy rain, need some warm sunshine now.

Posted

Glad I had my lie in, nothing but heavy rain here, been nice looking at some of the snow some of you have had. I am losing faith that my location will see snow this winter, there’s still a long way to go, just hope we get a decent beast before mid feb, I think the odds are against it now. Roll on spring summer then at least I can sit in the garden if I can’t get snow 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
22 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Bit dry in the central High Plains though, Colorado still in severe drought.

Other extreme here, expect the Flood Warnings to increase over the coming 7 days, with plenty of rain making systems on their way off the Atlantic next week.

608808651_Floodwarnings.thumb.JPG.8129a43c23ebb87ba0e9de5d71bb886e.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

It was over here before it started, too far West here but nice to see some people had fun further East,  enjoy! 

• Like 1

Posted

Decent fall this morning in Epping Forest. Got some sledging done up at High Beach. Raining now but already much better than last winter! 

BF3E1097-571E-4A9F-A223-5DB707F13008.jpeg

• Like 4