Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

It turned to rain very quickly here. We maybe had around 30 mins of moderate snow which settled in few spots. 
Sadly another bust in south Croydon. 2nd March 2018 remains the last time we had full snow cover 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Been snowing since the early hours but just not laying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Proud to present Twickenham's 3rd tangible snow event of the winter. This time just about sufficient to make a small margarita! Other two events also attached.  Good variety if nothing else! Time to get a new hobby I think! 

Snow 16 jan.jpg

Snow 1.jpg

Snow 2.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Photo doesn't do justice to how heavy the snow is 

PXL_20210116_083617596.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
2 minutes ago, weathertoski said:

Proud to present Twickenham's 3rd tangible snow event of the winter. This time just about sufficient to make a small margarita! Other two events also attached.  Good variety if nothing else! Time to get a new hobby I think! 

Snow 16 jan.jpg

Snow 1.jpg

Snow 2.jpg

Something to tell the grandkids about in years to come. “I’ll never forget winter 20/21. 3 separate snow events I’ll have you know”.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Its like 1987 out there  

20210116_083840.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
5 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

Its like 1987 out there  

20210116_083840.jpg

Yeah that's how I remember 87.... 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms

Was Heavey snow at 5 am then woke up to a slushy mess in hullbridge essex. Still abit on the cars and grass. Just a little colder it would of looked alot different. Back to snow again as I speak 

Posted

Ahhh thats cute

Heavier Precip arrives and its now all rain

At least I saw some snowflakes falling, last covering March 2nd 2018 so 34 and a half months and counting probably be able to make that 35 months when the next 2 weeks are written off. I did see 15 foot drifts in Norway and Sweden in 2019 though on my DIY Northern Lights trip and flights up there are very cheap when we are able to fly again so all is not lost if snowy winters do become extinct in the SE of the Uk

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
6 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Anyone got 5 to 10 cms yet

possibly 5-10nm ??‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves

These northerlys just  not good For us in the south east I was expecting to wake up with at least some snow falling . no rain again we Need easterly flow with proper cold ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
9 hours ago, Bradley in Kent said:

Evening all, having a last look at the weather data before going to bed, we have mini bets in the house on whether we'll wake up to a covering of snow.

From my moderate knowledge I don't see this delivering anything in the way of snow just like the other opportunities this so far this winter. (for Maidstone anyway)

Okay first thing first, if by some miracle it does snow and settle, it won't last the morning, but to be honest the T850s aren't looking special and the wind (even with a bit continental mixed in) will stirr up the air layers eliminating evaporative cooling. 

One positive is that it's a tad colder than forecast at -1.7C, however another slightly annoying thing about this winter is how minimas have occurred around 22:00 before a load of cloud rolls in and the frost disappears before waking up to dank and damp conditions. In fact, the temp is already starting to rise so it looks like another repeat. Anyway, that's it from me!

Good morning all,

Total no show once again here, did see sleet but it's now rain with rising dew points. (£3 for me though!)

So, who's looking forward to Spring and Summer?!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Ahhh thats cute

Heavier Precip arrives and its now all rain

At least I saw some snowflakes falling, last covering March 2nd 2018 so 34 and a half months and counting probably be able to make that 35 months when the next 2 weeks are written off. I did see 15 foot drifts in Norway and Sweden in 2019 though on my DIY Northern Lights trip and flights up there are very cheap when we are able to fly again so all is not lost if snowy winters do become extinct in the SE of the Uk

I’m in Heybridge Paul about 25 minutes north of you and to my suprise we still have all snow here. Infact it’s the heaviest it’s been since it started now, i was expecting rain by this point!

Nothing to write home about but it’s nice to see, the flakes now are huge compared with what we’ve had so far. Pic taken just now ❄️ 

57EFA857-277D-4A29-BAB1-22E5E0DE8E38.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
44 minutes ago, Chertseystreamer79 said:

Wet as an otters pocket in lowland chertsey...I did expect that to be fair. 

Onwards...

Love that phrase