Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
52 minutes ago, bluebell said:

It’s amazing that for such a small country there can be such pettiness about where you live, I mean the north v south really grinds my gears. I have a bias to ‘the south’ when it comes to viewing snow prospects and I don’t care what anyone says everybody does if they are on the hunt for snow!! Definitely an inferiority complex going on in a some quarters when it comes to how the mod thread is moderated. I think the moderators do a great job of trying to manage the challenges of how people behave in the virtual world, it would never be like this if we were all face to face in a room..!  .

Anyhow the weather, seems a bit cold, no snow and not expecting any, northern hills and the dales only...

Agree the internet although wonderful in many ways, also has a way of turning some conversations quite ugly.

Meanwhile in the dark I can see a lovely white frost on the grass outside hopefully a nice base for a bit of snow.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Temperature dropped to 1.8 earlier but has risen to 2.2 now thanks to increasing cloud cover. 
Chances are it will be over 3c by the time the front arrives in 5/6 hrs, that will be mostly rain or sleet I think 

Seems a bit on high side? 1.2C here in inner London temps generally around freezing despite cloud.

F20B7A80-188C-424C-B609-9B31DBDA4B8A.thumb.png.12ac7830e20e870e04d69b2df00a0e93.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow

Can't give you temperature readings, but in NE Norwich there's frost forming, so seems promising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Snow symbols on BBC reduced no longer from 3am now from 6am and ending at 8am before sleet for here 

Screenshot_20210116-001245_BBC Weather.jpg

Posted

Just popping in from Wales to tell you that temp here about 7pm was 0.3 c now risen to 3.6 c but not rain at present. So you all should be getting your slush about 5 am or even ❄️ on higher ground, enjoy and also take some photos because it's going to turn to slushy rain as soon as the warm air digs in, such a shame. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well those inner city temps look a bit on the low side to me - I’m out in zone 4/5 and it’s definitely above freezing here. There maybe a few frost hollows nearby where it could be zero or a bit below I guess

Posted
1 minute ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Just popping in from Wales to tell you that temp here about 7pm was 0.3 c now risen to 3.6 c but not rain at present. So you all should be getting your slush about 5 am or even ❄️ on higher ground, enjoy and also take some photos because it's going to turn to slushy rain as soon as the warm air digs in, such a shame. 

Thanks, the hope is we have longer under darkness to cool off. The main band of precipitation is only at the border right now so we do have a bit of time!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
2 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Beautiful country, welcome to the very snow starved south east thread

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
6 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Snow symbols on BBC reduced no longer from 3am now from 6am and ending at 8am before sleet for here 

Screenshot_20210116-001245_BBC Weather.jpg

Ignore the app, Meto still have the sacred S event running and for awhile too 

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

I think so too.

It just hitting mainland.

And it's already bright green...

I didn't expect that as far west as that.

I agree too, just a feeling.!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Precip developing in front of the band, was that in a forecast anywhere?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
4 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Welcome to the SE thread, we have the East Anglian mountain rescue team on standby in case of upgrades.

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Beautiful country, welcome to the very snow starved south east thread

Wel thankyou, also same here seen a few flakes last December but nothing as yet. 

Our time for us southerners is well into next weekend. Don't worry be happy. Enjoy what you get today, its just the cusp of things to come. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Temperature dropped to 1.8 earlier but has risen to 2.2 now thanks to increasing cloud cover. 
Chances are it will be over 3c by the time the front arrives in 5/6 hrs, that will be mostly rain or sleet I think 

It's 4c here now., But so close to the coast wasn't expecting much. We'll see what happens. Doesn't look much like slowing down yet either, it's already through Wales.

Posted
39 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

1-2°C in N London according to nearby Wunderground stations. Oh well.

East Anglia looks like the sweet spot for settling snow ❄️

Very frosty here in Enfield, fingers crossed for something showing in the early morning.

Posted
4 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Not meant disrespectfully but your conditions are largely irrelevant. It could be 3c in Wales and rain and 1ft snow in Midlands or EA. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

Precip developing in front of the band, was that in a forecast anywhere?

There's a little line on some of the high Res, so may be.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Right, Off to sleeps, up at 6.....work. Lets see if the polystyrene wizard has been dropping his little balls about with the rubbing and grinding together, for those that know what I mean regarding polystyrene....for those have read the final phrase comments in a different mind set, I know I know   !!! made you giggle though. lol

Anyway, Snow you later today...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Remember that cold air meets warm air and you get a drop in humidity that drys the air, cold dry air will actually feel warmer than humid air.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Good luck to you lot later on to see some of the white stuff!  Look forward to seeing some photos tomorrow.

Edited by Don
  • Like 1