Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Finally proper snowflakes falling now. Well two days this winter so far (though I had to travel to Chatteris to actually see snow settling back in early December).

• Like 1

Posted

Temp 1.1c . Dewpoint 1c

Odd flake in the wind but practically stopped, the dusting has melted on most surfaces excluding the grass

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

I'm afraid it's turning out to be a duff winter again for us down in Kent, which is a bit ominous given the lack of real Atlantic influence. Looking at future winters it'll be either mild rain or cold rain (like today), with the quinquennial snow event only when things are 100% perfect.

Still, what with the Covid response it's probably a good thing, and only a few weeks to go before we can start wanting warm weather, something much easier to 'chase' these days!

Posted

Not a single snowflake    here yet this winter, even when we had winds from the EAST last week,lol,a great winter for the SE.Best ever a "NAILED-ON" cold spell of weather.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by SLEETY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms
20 minutes ago, TheGate said:

down to 3.8c/3.3c - i think we aren't going to see any wintriness this far south.... EVER AGAIN.

Fixed that for you. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
57 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Sad to report Steve has been permanently banned from posting the best contributor in SE  what he said wasn’t acceptable but tensions were running high, one shouldn’t be aggravated by a moderator!. I’m sure the site wants to look like it’s not being selective in who they punish, but yes you’ve achieved that now. Happy? 

weather 4C and very wet. Sums up this winter.

What a shame, the input In this forum will be poorer without him !!

thanks for your input though Daniel, i always look out for your posts as they are always informative  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers and snowy winters

Snowing here 10 miles North of Peterborough.

20210114_135750.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

dewpoint and temperature on a slow rise now, back to a very light rain. Annoying when it’s snowing so close to my west but oh well, glad i got any at all

Posted

Latest HARMONIE model is still going for wintry showers pushing down into London, Sussex & Kent approx 4pm - 10pm this afternoon/evening. (As always, this is subject to change!!)

895865419_HARMONIE6Z14_01.21For14_01.21_4pm.thumb.png.9ed8401ee0d3c6a416aabb9f11f72693.png 1415837300_HARMONIE6Z14_01.21For14_01.21_5pm.thumb.png.d561df3dcad3db7399ece048a5471c14.png 1326892930_HARMONIE6Z14_01.21For14_01.21_6pm.thumb.png.5309afe9df31485619d28da592c80fca.png 442078187_HARMONIE6Z14_01.21For14_01.21_7pm.thumb.png.df88ef6e572cf98cd48720d2b0274a6a.png

778588879_HARMONIE6Z14_01.21For14_01.21_8pm.thumb.png.deeb707744e5af8b75f29ede8e62784f.png 1867136319_HARMONIE6Z14_01.21For14_01.21_9pm.thumb.png.727ddd34aedd3016d34603af02dcf88d.png 124214096_HARMONIE6Z14_01.21For14_01.21_10pm.thumb.png.5b8e8ab1b64e7132a1ac1be9cc1f79e8.png

• Like 1

Posted

Thought this was an interesting read.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A phenomenon called Sudden Stratospheric Warming is currently taking place, but what is it and what does it mean for the weather in the UK?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

Visible snow flakes in the rain here in thanet. Wasn’t expecting it so early

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow
36 minutes ago, Delka said:

Typical everywhere else I’ve lived nearby is reporting snow coverings still and mine has all but gone lol, oh well can’t complain really!  Third temporary blink and you miss it snow this winter, a success really lol

Don't worry, I haven't seen a single flake in Norwich yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Now down to 5.9.c lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Gonzolio Martinez said:

Don't worry, I haven't seen a single flake in Norwich yet

that’s quite surprising, hopefully soon enough we can get something meaningful around here

Posted

Front seems to be decaying quite rapidly now.... and not a single flake in Cambridge yet. Losing hope for today - too marginal perhaps ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
29 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

I'm afraid it's turning out to be a duff winter again for us down in Kent, which is a bit ominous given the lack of real Atlantic influence. Looking at future winters it'll be either mild rain or cold rain (like today), with the quinquennial snow event only when things are 100% perfect.

Still, what with the Covid response it's probably a good thing, and only a few weeks to go before we can start wanting warm weather, something much easier to 'chase' these days!

Love it!

I can just see the Netweather sub thread “the hunt for cold rain” in the future!