Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I'm tempted to throw the freezer out in the garden, sit in it and make out I'm in an igloo.

• Like 5

Posted

How annoyingly close! went to bed at 4am as a 50/50 snow and rain mix was falling and i’m awake now to nothing, barely even spitting rain now. 17mm since midnight, a good half of which probably fell as snowflakes and sleet! 

Still holding hope that the heavier precip to my west can reach me again soon and bring a bit of wintriness before it clears away

edit: It seems like I’ve reversed in progress since earlier, my wintry mix has now returned completely to rain in a heavy burst

Edited by Delka
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

I'm sure like a lot of us on here now, my optimism for the remainder of this winter is beginning to slowly drain away. We've had some of the best synoptics in years, but we just can't draw any real cold down into our region. It's been one of the most frustrating winters to date, you can see all of the potential. But it just won't fall into place.

The constant rain, floods and bogs wherever you walk is just horrible. And next week could now just see more and more rain for our region.

I honestly don't care if it's cold at this moment in time, let's just have a high sat over us even if it is a Bartlett. We just need drying out.

My only glimmer of hope is that with ongoing SSWs we might eventually see one cold snowy spell. As we saw in 2018 even at the end of Feb - beginning of March, it's not too late! 

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 6

Posted

Quite a strong easterly now absolutely appalling weather. But tomorrow looks like a frosty start, cold day around 3c and dry could be some stubborn fog patches as well. We get the system through on Saturday then Sunday and Monday look like dry days which will cheer everyone up a bit.

Temp is 4.2c and Dewpoint 3.8c

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Ben Capee McInnes said:

So I am guessing by reading, Saturday is now off? Lol 

Cold and bloomin  vile here in canterbury!!! 

Dp of 3 temp of 4 

I wouldn't say it's off. But some may see a brief spell of wet snow/sleet Saturday morning, before turning to rain, especially over hills.

It's a bit like opening the Celebrations tub and only the Bounty chocolates remain. It's chocolate, but not what most of us would want!

The Northerners have nicked all the Maltesers and Galaxy Caramel as per.

Edited by Southender
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
4 minutes ago, Southender said:

I wouldn't say it's off. But some may see a brief spell of wet snow/sleet Saturday morning, before turning to rain, especially over hills.

It's a bit like opening the Celebrations tub and only the Bounty chocolates remain. It's chocolate, but not what most of us would want!

I prefer the bounty over Malteser ones. I only like Maltesers if its a whole box of them. I also prefer plain galaxy over the caramel. On a serious note I get what you're saying fingers crossed for once we see more than expected from the short Saturday window and that it stalls over us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

I never paid him too much attention, anyway... And, after all, he has only himself to blame?

Yes agree Cluster, if he said it was going to snow then I knew it wouldn't, he was just another cold ramper giving people false hope by cherry picking cold charts and if you called him out on this. he would get very abusive. I think he was just in it for the likes personally, and you can't swear at fellow members and call a forum host what he called them, last time I checked it was against netweather rules to f and blind and call people bell **** lol.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, paget said:

Definitely, I have 4 cats now mum And dad have gone, they are very needy cats and I only have one lap!!!

Sue x 

they must be a great comfort though

Posted

Looking at the radar and the the way it’s moving, the system just seems to be moving mainly in East, and the heavy precipitation that Yorkshire are currently getting hammered with snow, looks like moving out into the North Sea, and not sink south as I thought it was going to.  Drier conditions already spreading in from the west. 
is it planned to pivot ? Otherwise it will be dry here in Cambs, in an hour or so.

Posted

Seems like my dewpoint reached a low of 0.5c at 7am hence the snow mix that i fell asleep to, its been a slow rise  most of the morning and got up to almost 2c dp about half hour ago, now at 1.6c and dropping so hoping it does it quick!

• Like 2

Posted
WWW.WETTERZENTRALE.DE

Forecasted Temp 850hPa & Precipitation from GFS, 06Z

These ensembles are like a form of Chinese water torture, everytime they show a temperature dip the precipitation goes flat....aghh!

Posted
3 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Tropical here; eating ice cream 

Yes just  come in from a spell of Rain bathing here in Essex the easterly was refreshing, making some Mojitos now and gunna have them after cutting the Pond

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

I concur with other posters, this winter is starting to drag on. We've had below avg temperatures but very little sunshine and most places haven't seen snow. Northern parts of the region have done a bit better, and some parts of the UK have seen repeated snowfalls so it's not a bad winter for the UK overall, just that the south has drawn the short straw.. ☔

Still a long way to go I suppose!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
24 minutes ago, Southender said:

Love it

Posted

Back to the wintry mix again now, really not sure how to feel about my chances of it turning fully to snow today. 

Saturdays risk here seems to have toned down too, it must have heard me excitedly telling a friend!

Posted

an hour of the dewpoint falling as fast as it is and it’ll be cold enough for full snow! it’s so close! snowflakes really giving their all to fall right now, if it stops before it gets a chance to snow it’ll be the biggest tease ever!

Posted
3 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Snowing again now! 

Where’s that? Starting to readily transition into a more snowy precip here in Dereham as the dewpoint is dipping before 1c and falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There a some wee icy things mixed in with the rain, now... I am beside my self! Roll on Spring!

• Like 3