Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
42 minutes ago, Ben Capee McInnes said:

Stopped in canters now. Been nice to see some snow fluttering down! 

Should be snowing in Canterbury right now ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Back to square one here now, dry with freezing fog, may be the mild sector is through?

We'll see if next lot is rain or snow, last lot once light was all rain. I predict very slippery ice for the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
7 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

lol resorted to getting excited about snow grains

nothing here

Desperate times - init

Our very brief shower has stopped now and I think that's it for tonight, unless that lot near the Thames estuary can survive the journey over here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

This video shows it perfectly the way the flurries went from barely a flake to moderately heavy by the end of the recording as you can see. A nice surprise hope we all get some proper stuff soon. Not often I see snow in the morning and a slightly beefier flurry or 3 in the evening on the same day neither were forecast or showed on the apps today. Excuse the parrot talking in the background

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 8

Posted

Gritters have been out tonight in Croydon treating the primary routes as a precaution.

The snow will add to the icy conditions.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Think that little window of opportunity has now closed for parts of Essex and Kent and any showers in the North Sea don’t look potent enough to move inland and will lose their intensity.At least some saw a few flakes and I think things will get interesting in the next 10 days and hopefully the patient SE forum will hopefully see more substantial snow❄️

Edited by Hotspur62
  • Like 3

Posted
27 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Just missed out on the good snow last night with all the areas nearby turning into narnia ❄️ Currently -2.3 C here (usually takes a bit of effort to get frosty being so near the coast) but the impressive thing my dewpoint just hit -5 which is very good going for me  

It will soon be Spring and Midge Season not long now lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

A tiny dusting in Hither green SE London tonight.

Radar showed it as rain, certainly snow.

Sticking of course 

• Like 3

Posted

Got to love watching the GFS, ' just as you think you've got out..it drags you back in'

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

A fantastic EPS and clusters tonight also for 3rd week of Jan!

I'd fear not for those that haven't seen so much as  flake of snow yet as every passing day that North Sea is cooling down rapidly now and Europe will be much colder when/if we do get another Easterly. Definitely feeling optimistic tonight lets see what the coming days show night all

Screenshot_20210109-003359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-003352_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-003511_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-003456_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning, unfortunately still no flakes seen here in Farnham, Surrey! ☹️

hope lots of you saw snow falling last night!!

temp 1.3 

dp 0.6 

Edited by paget
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

The model drama continues. Up last night, down this morning. Reminds me of...

376DE918-5405-48D2-A8ED-17DAFB713A45.gif

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.
40 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning, unfortunately still no flakes seen here in Farnham, Surrey! ☹️

hope lots of you saw snow falling last night!!

temp 1.3 

dp 0.6 

Good Morning, same here near Maidstone..  Nothing.

We have been so unlucky over the past 2 week. Not a single flake here. We've had snow forecast to come in from the West only for it to dive down into France then we were promised it from the East only to get Thames streamers as Rain for a few days and finally we saw snow forecast to come down from the North yesterday only for it to dive down across the south west..  How unlucky is that lol..

Latest longrange BBC forecast last night shows lots of battle ground snow next week in a line I hate to say this but North of the M4. Hopefully we will be rewarded soon...

• Thanks 1

Posted

Nice hard ground frost this morning, fog that rolled in last night has gone and light blue skies appearing, hopefully the sun will make an appearance today too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

I actually think this is worse than being in a flat pattern with milder temps.... at least you then know there is zero hope of snow and can be more accepting if it. To be sooo close, to see the potential in the charts, to have the synoptics, to have the freezing cold temps and STILL no snow is so cruel!!! Come on weather gods, give us a break!!

Feel like this feeling will now continue even more with the hopes and dreams of the SSW and what that MIGHT bring!!! But until the effects of that touch ground we've a milder (but still wet!) week ahead but at least I won't be so cold in this cold house!! Let us keep looking forward and hope this SSW delivers - if not then roll on Spring and back to my gardening!!!xx

• Like 5

Posted
6 hours ago, JohnG said:

Hi everyone

Been lurking on this site for probably around 12 years. Used to lurk on TWO. Never post but just wanted to share some pics from Folkestone Warren this evening looking out along the white cliffs of Dover.

Beautiful scenes. Very strange cloud formations from Folkestone to Lympne. A few grains of snow this eve mixed in with some sleet. Really was hoping for more from this latest cold spell but hey you win some you lose some . Let’s hope this potential upcoming SSW can deliver in the right location. It’s certainly beginning to show some trends that look quite exciting for us cold and snow fans. Fingers crossed it will deliver this time!!!!!!

John

44373CC5-0820-4C51-8356-53E1992BA1C0.jpeg

CCAC652A-F361-4B5E-B8C2-1910408F073E.jpeg

811235EA-F57C-4CA8-A439-4EED0FEA235F.jpeg

536D2338-3DA1-495C-9DC3-768C50177E91.jpeg

B5F01B7E-14FC-4C64-B65D-21B6CA455B85.jpeg

There’s a few of us from Folkestone and surrounding areas now

The cloud and fog stuck on the hills all day yesterday, very pretty.

This morning, it’s showing 1.5c, DP 1.3c on my station.

• Like 2

Posted

From perusing the 00z Model Runs you would think the GFS 00z was broken last night and did not even run at 4am given the lack of commenting on it which means only 1 thing its showing Atlantic driven westerlies and South Westerlies until the end of its remit (24th Jan) Lots of chat on the ECM as its showing a Rain to Snow event for Central areas on Wednesday into Thursday which I dont buy with -2c Uppers, the best chance of anything white this coming week will be from the Penines North Eastwards into NE England where better synoptics are in place much like what the Meto showed a few days back.

So looks like a very bland 5-10 days coming up as the Models get to grips with the SSW and still expecting some exciting charts end of next week around the 13-15th which will start showing good prospects as we enter the last week of January.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Can confirm that it Sleeted and at points Snowed last Night and piled up a whopping 1 Millimetre in some places but unforrunatly my phone was charging. 

I live just in front of a field so you can imagine the mist looks beautifull and it does. 

16101829488408376522459221931362.jpg

16101829714612861007382014396572.jpg

• Like 2