IMG_20210107_230719.jpg

IMG_20210108_080151.jpg

IMG_20210108_073605.jpg

Cherry Orchard Paul?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, moogyboobles said:

This is the closest I've come to some snow! So close.

Correction, whilst taking the rubbish out it appears there is evidence on my car of a very small snow shower occuring this morning.
I still need to catch a flake, ideally multiple flakes, in action though.

Edited by moogyboobles
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, sun and snow.

First ever post on Netweather.

I am pleased to report that it is snowing in Upminster, Essex.

Plus another interesting point. Almost every regional discussion thread is showing as "hot". This is truly a national event. 

• Like 7

Posted
18 minutes ago, Southender said:

Cherry Orchard Paul?

Yep

Took a walk around the Lake, sometimes see Barn Owls over there but not today once the Fog Descended

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I have frost freezing fog and temp minus one still now. Although something is now melting some of the frost, which is confusing me. May be it's sea fog not freezing fog.

IMG_20210108_095021.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Some light snow flurries in N London. 

As for those up north, to make ourselves feel a little better, it does seem to be a higher ground event. Many in the Yorkshire regional thread are reporting rain, with those above about 200m reporting snow. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, m1chaels said:

Harmonie is teasing a covering for S Essex/N London this evening between 18:00 and midnight - no idea where this is supposed to come from?

Check my posts from yesterday mate. Something I’ve been keeping an eye on last 24hrs. Slight chance of some wintry showers pulling in from the N.Sea after dark. Plenty of Ppn out in the Southern N.Sea at the minute (see Dutch radar) heading South at the minute. If we get lucky and the timings right with the winds backing more NE-ENE later, some may pull towards our region.

Edited by Southender
  • Thanks 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, m1chaels said:

Harmonie is teasing a covering for S Essex/N London this evening between 18:00 and midnight - no idea where this is supposed to come from?

If you look at the radar you can see the showers building 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Stopped here now....the 0.01mm precipitation is woefully short of the 8in I was hoping would stop me driving the train later today

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Southender said:

Check my posts from yesterday mate. Something I’ve been keeping an eye on last 24hrs. Slight chance of some wintry showers pulling in from the N.Sea after dark. Plenty of Ppn out in the Southern N.Sea at the minute (see Dutch radar) heading South at the minute. If we get lucky and the timings right with the winds backing more NE-ENE later, some may pull towards our region.

The only thing I am worried about is still the onshore flow mate. Looking back the 3 Frosts we have had in this Historic Spell all our winds were Light from the North or North West when we got down to the bone crushing lows of -2c on three occasions. When the winds turn to the NE for that 6 hour window will the Dewpoint rise to around 1c with a temp of 2c and once again we get sleety rain with some snow mixed in, I really hope not but thats got to be a worry with the reports from East Yorks

Still at least we are in with a shot

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Blue sky appearing and sunshine in SE London. Typical. Nicer than the greyness though

Posted

Heads up, an area of showers have just popped up just north of here around Halesworth heading SW by the looks of things. Might be light but could be a chance of seeing something white fall from the sky 

Edited by Nimbusman
  • Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

The only thing I am worried about is still the onshore flow mate. Looking back the 3 Frosts we have had in this Historic Spell all our winds were Light from the North or North West when we got down to the bone crushing lows of -2c on three occasions. When the winds turn to the NE for that 6 hour window will the Dewpoint rise to around 1c with a temp of 2c and once again we get sleety rain with some snow mixed in, I really hope not but thats got to be a worry with the reports from East Yorks

Still at least we are in with a shot

Totally agree mate. But desperate times and all that. Probably our last shot for quite a while so happy to go all in and take the risk

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

Typical.  A fortnight ago I was at home in Upminster and it was snowing in Holland On Sea.  Today I am in Holland On Sea and it is snowing in Upminster.  It must be my warm personality.

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely frosty and foggy morning here. Took the kids for a pre home schooling walk on Rushmere Heath golf course so they could smash the ice on the pond. Still no snow unfortunately but frost and ice can still be fun. 

20210108_085914.jpg

Edited by spear
  • Like 7

Posted

Temp up to 2-1c with a DP of 1.2c in the sunshine, so no chance of snow even if those showers did move this way off the southern North Sea!

Posted

A rather bitter taste in the mouth this morning as the front that was sinking south we/I have been hoping for is due to completely miss impacting any of us in EA/The South East ... so after more than a week of cold drab and some drizzle, our snow chances for this cold phase at least look well and truly gone now. 

I guess there's a chance once the wind swings back NE/Easterly we could get the odd sleet shower overnight - knowing our luck here all this will do is raise the temps again and keep us lot above freezing whilst the rest of the snow plains in the UK get down into -10 territory - arrghhh!!! Annoying. That's just weather for you!!! Just wasn't meant to be. A very frustrating phase of weather it has to be said. 

Eyes now turning to other potentials...  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter

Appreciate wind switches from a NE direction later but it is so frustrating for us in East Kent watching areas of wintry precipitation moving south into Belgium for hours on end. Almost as if it knows covid rates are so high here

Much like those thunderstorms in the summer that never seem to make it over the channel from France. 

• Like 2