Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Quite big snowflakes has fallen in Streatham, but only a few tiny flakes floating around now - can imagine the place would have been covered if the heavier stuff had kept up. 

IMG_20210107_072335.thumb.jpg.11012227e1fa1b04fcfb8a34ae978592.jpgIMG_20210107_080522.thumb.jpg.404cd21ffcf182f6db0440b2ca8680d6.jpgIMG_20210107_080544.thumb.jpg.6b5172986a3cea628ca2c6c12e930be1.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning, not as cold as I thought it would be this morning in the west of our region (Farnham, surrey) 

Temp 0.1

dp -0.8 

as a lay person trying to understand charts etc what I don’t get is how (this close to the time period) the charts can show snow in our area tonight (early tomorrow) is it really that hard to forecast? Is it that it’s literally impossible to know what’s going to happen with the precipitation/temps. 

have a good/safe day 

Sue x 

• Like 1

Posted

it got down to -2.2c last night but at 6:30 this morning it was back up to 0c. More suprising is the fact that we have had several snow flurries already. They don't amount to much but are a suprise all the same. The temp is now back down to -0.3c so it looks like being a cold grey day.

Posted

-0.6c/-1.1c - had a few snow flurries overnight, and it was baked hard to the windscreen. Looking like a grey morning for us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

The cloud has lifted metaphorically and literally compared to this morning. The view from Icklesham out to Pett Level. Yesterday’s cold cloudy start did nothing for my mood, today on the other hand a different story!

i know I’ve said it before but if I can’t have snow bring on the cold sunshine and frost, it really is the very next best thing as far a winter weather goes imho. 
Have a good day all.  

050A40F0-6A77-4103-BD7C-27204196A347.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
On 05/01/2021 at 14:23, Zak M said:

Also, it looks like I live around a mile or two away from you, judging by your location Kris. How's this winter been so far for you? I noticed that there was some sleet on the radar near Bedford this morning but all I got was cold rain hahaha

Apologies for delayed reply Zak.

Well From a local perspective it’s been incredibly frustrating so far, and tonight is currently looking like another miss for us based on the majority of modelling - though we shall see if the radar later throws up any surprises. I’ve never known a spell like this where every potential snow event tracks west of this region.

But despite the limited opportunities here, the majority of the geographical UK have seen a 2 week period of below average temperatures and some accompanying snowfall - and in the days before 2010 that would have been seen as pretty significant. So great to see for fellow snow nuts elsewhere!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)

I am pretty sure i saw a large snowflake fly past my window earlier, couldn't be certain, it could have been a feather, However I'm taking it as my first flake of the year and  a sign that 'winter has begun'. Come on the beast..... 

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy here again and no sign of Frost. Just cannot believe we cannot even get a frost here in the Below Average Temp Spell.

Is it really sad that all I am praying for is clear skies and a night that can actually get down to around -3c over the next 3 or 4 days - It really has come down to this now

Meh

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Easily sled said:

I am pretty sure i saw a large snowflake fly past my window earlier, couldn't be certain, it could have been a feather, However I'm taking it as my first flake of the year and  a sign that 'winter has begun'. Come on the beast..... 

This made me laugh so much. 
“It could have been a Feather”

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
9 minutes ago, Optimistic said:

Dunstable Downs in the freezing fog this morning. 

20210107_082203.jpg

20210107_082154.jpg

20210107_081612.jpg

Stunning!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
9 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Friday could be interesting folks. The FAX shows an occluded front moving SE into our region and NMM 18z very much mirrors that.

246B9502-0DE2-4BD8-8B69-38C4D1FA0C11.thumb.png.904aa213114d167dda416c6df96f93a1.png2C1C4661-826F-4DB0-A304-37DCA7C27C69.thumb.png.5457ab606e530722086fddd79448170c.png

Do you have the latest update I can't find any precip charts that get close to this, apart from that tease Harmonie that keeps overestimating snow amounts most miss our little corner or offer very little.

Its about ttime the much lauded Harmonie got it right!

20210107_102239.jpg

20210107_102330.jpg

20210107_102253.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
19 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Got my COVID test result back this morning and thankfully it tested negative ?? Must be a bug going around as well.

Temp now 2.4C

Great news ??

• Thanks 1

Posted

Sods law the met warning stops close but oh so far from my location. Fingers crossed its wrong and I/we in this area get lucky, you never know 

Screenshot_20210107-105026_Met Office.jpg

Posted

Morning

A low of 1.1c this morning, with a frost on the cars and shed. Lovely and sunny now, with a breeze and 2.2c.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning but as no chart shows anything this far SE think they’ll be crossed for nothing!

Posted

I also saw what I thought was a big snowflake this morning that turned out to be a white feather, momentary excitement quickly replaced with disappointment