Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Interesting read......

arctic-circle-temperature-wave-forecast-
WWW.SEVERE-WEATHER.EU

An unusually strong temperature wave is crawling into the Arctic circle, raising temperatures over 20°C above the long term normal

0FADBCB9-8EF6-49F8-A582-EE9B442EF426.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

That's severe cold for Siberia and Canada/Northern States then...absolutely vile here, warmer than yesterday at 4.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

That's severe cold for Siberia and Canada/Northern States then...absolutely vile here, warmer than yesterday at 4.2c.

I hate this decade they said it was going to be good.

• Thanks 2

Posted

Frankly, if this is the weather,  I wish it would warm up a bit and come of the atlantic.

Maybe a small window for something a bit more wintry in around 12-24 hours, but don't hold your breath. 

Proper reset needed I think, perhaps a few days of mild weather next week might be what is needed until the Strat events are resolved and we can get some cold pools into places where we might benefit from them.

I fear 2021 might turn into a bit of a poundshop version of 2013. At least in 2013 January produced a little bit of lying snow, though not the metres and metres of stuff that the models were predicting at the time. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just dropped in to express my disgust. At least WFH means I didn't have to cycle into the office for 9am - that would have been even more depressing.

• Like 5

Posted
12 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

At least we will see some good vids on youtube. Hopefully some good time lapses.

Meanwhile, the rain carries on falling! Some big totals over the next couple of days methinks!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
11 minutes ago, jright35 said:

Interesting read......

arctic-circle-temperature-wave-forecast-
WWW.SEVERE-WEATHER.EU

An unusually strong temperature wave is crawling into the Arctic circle, raising temperatures over 20°C above the long term normal

0FADBCB9-8EF6-49F8-A582-EE9B442EF426.jpeg

image.thumb.png.e06fb0daa010c334e9fff5e96760e151.png

Notice that the UK is around normal like much of Europe becuse of the unusual Aiflow, despite the The Warm Wave due to the Eaternly Low fuled by that Siberian Cold Air our area i typical I expect the Southernly Jet wil be Warmer though giving us a small window before the expected Arctic Turn allowing us Colder Air but this is due to my Limited Knowledge

Posted

I am so confused (yes its easily done) but looking at both the Met O forecast, and even the NetW one, the rain is not showing as much as the TV forecast i have just seen on BBC N24. 

is it meant to rain for the next 24 hours, or not? and not a thing about the wind mentioned either. 40mph gusts from a NE flow means windchill will be quite cold. 

If the professionals haven't got a grip of things, who has?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Brrrr it’s cold out there today with that windchill.. Bucketing down with freezing cold rain, icy rain. Think flooding may become an issue if this carries on.. -7/8 uppers later though, who’s ready to be blanketed with snow?

• Like 1

Posted

Rain patchy here in North Essex, wind not to bad, just enough to

move trees that still have some leaf.

Been looking at conditions  in Tromso in North Norway. 

And it should be a -30c  at this time of year..but...it's a  Plus 4c.

Something is seriously  going wrong  with the weather.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Hello everyone Temps here in Crayford... 4.3c    dp4.0c moderate Rain

Edited by Mike Storm

Posted

5c and  heavy rain here, this is beyond a joke now, might as well be 15 c and rain

Let's get a reset in and pray because this weather is just crud 

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 3

Posted

Pretty perfect Thames Streamer for my location in Bromley, couldn’t have drawn it better. Unbelievably frustrating, let’s hope for tonight

• Like 3

Posted

Typical...the precipitation finally arrives and it warms up 

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Country Boy said:

Rain patchy here in North Essex, wind not to bad, just enough to

move trees that still have some leaf.

Been looking at conditions  in Tromso in North Norway. 

And it should be a -30c  at this time of year..but...it's a  Plus 4c.

Something is seriously  going wrong  with the weather.

Although I agree with what your saying about Scandinavia that sounded like BBC Reporting to me there lol and not picking on you but having been to Tromso and Northern Norway a few times on Northern Lights Trips that is simply not true about Tromso. It is true for places on the Norway/Finland/Sweden border like Inari or Abisko where temps can get down to between -20c and -40c but.............

Tromso being on the Coast near the Norwegian Fjord is affected by warm water like the Uk is and hence even where it is situated in the Arctic Circle temps are usually between 0c and -9c in Jan - Feb and March and in some set ups they can indeed get 0c to +6c so please please report things correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, PLANET THANET said:

BBC Breakfast said this morning that the temperature was rising for the weekend to +6c and slightly milder ....OH   NO !!!!! hope this is temporary until the ssw kicks in

Indeed... but we all need to remember that although an SSW spices things up it's not a guarantee for cold and snow !!! Anyway, good times for model watchers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

This really is poor. HLB, long fetch easterly, the most potent streamer we've had for many years covering the whole of the SE and it's.. rain. Nothing but persistent, miserable, soggy rain.

I'm not overly optimistic about tonight either. Those N of the region might see a bit of wintriness but there really isn't much to get excited about imo. The warmer than average N Sea and very poor chilly airmass for the setup means there's just too much modification in the surface layers of the atmosphere.

• Like 1