Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

15 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

But 850's, DPs and 2m temps not quite enough:

69839992_Euro4850Tue05Jan09_00.thumb.png.7046ca91869a319ff3571b290b5c60c7.png

Yes Malcolm very close, although in the heavier downpours especially in the overnight period some places may get a surprise dusting as those dew points wane and wave !☃️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Grim morning on the first ‘proper’ working day of the year 4c DP 2.5c here in Cobham N Surrey - not hopeful for snow 

Posted

Just done the drive into work from Southend to Leigh on Sea and there is only one thing we need to be concerned about weather wise and that is ................ FLOODING!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Let's just get today out of the way, the least favourable conditions wise for snow in our region.

Then from tomorrow conditions become a bit more favourable, not perfect but we have a bit more of a chance.

We can already see streamers and showers won't be a problem, we just need the 850s and DPs to become favourable now. And I wouldn't rule anything out from tomorrow until the end of the week.

I wouldn't get over excited, but I definitely wouldn't rule any surprises out!

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning all, a very grey and dull

morning here in The West of our region (Farnham, Surrey

temp 3.5 

dp 2 

I actually feel really chilly this morning although temps are t that low! Doesn’t help as we have had no heating this winter! 

i don’t know why I still crave snow! We will freeze!

Edited by paget
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Tommorrow and Friday we get the Strongest Part of the Low coming down from the Midlands Area so if it could move a Bitt More Easternly That Would Be nice thanks. 

213924192_gensnh-0-1-66(1).thumb.png.26b0d1f36e3ef57e2abf04202fec6d4a.pnggensnh-0-1-114.thumb.png.3229f38961750349b4da669f9ed65ec3.png

Over the next week we see the 850hpa - 6oc and - 8oc appear and this could bring more Widespread Snow With Negative Temperatures With A Strong enough low. 

gensfr-0-2-72.thumb.png.1fb1b2c4514083a77e107ed0856bbf33.png319776858_gensfr-0-2-120(1).thumb.png.a06913361c36896a23984f00b6e6944b.pnggensfr-0-2-126.thumb.png.6fdaed0a19c6186a1acea82aae1b2db7.pnggens-0-0-18.thumb.png.634938b26efc7343fa940a803a6b7a72.png

The Next Week is the big chance and it's really up to Luck now Where The snow falls. 

-30oc I Would Love That

gens-0-4-0.thumb.png.baf4123edd8eeca1c33acc7b19e0701c.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What a horribly depressing day, especially as it's Monday! Just want to stay in bed.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Top of the morning to you all. It would be a smashing day weatherwise if it was not for this constant low cloud and drizzle. Never mind, Spring is round the corner. Looking forward to some sun. We will all need plenty of sunshine after this dreary winter is done. Good Health to you all.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

My weather app has just upgraded over night from sleet showers to snow for 10 hours from midnight tonight !! 

6A188421-884A-4128-9614-9B273C3E862F.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
14 minutes ago, Lauren said:

What a horribly depressing day, especially as it's Monday! Just want to stay in bed.

Well at least I've got English Revison Today (in which case an 1 free how are you supposed to revise English) something to look forward to. 

Only a few months until we dream of supercells.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Forecast today for Whitstable is rain until 9pm but on radar the showers are thinning out from the N.E.

however, they seem to be back filling when they hit the coast so could they indeed carry on to tonight?

Posted
17 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

Tommorrow and Friday we get the Strongest Part of the Low coming down from the Midlands Area so if it could move a Bitt More Easternly That Would Be nice thanks. 

213924192_gensnh-0-1-66(1).thumb.png.26b0d1f36e3ef57e2abf04202fec6d4a.pnggensnh-0-1-114.thumb.png.3229f38961750349b4da669f9ed65ec3.png

Over the next week we see the 850hpa - 6oc and - 8oc appear and this could bring more Widespread Snow With Negative Temperatures With A Strong enough low. 

gensfr-0-2-72.thumb.png.1fb1b2c4514083a77e107ed0856bbf33.png319776858_gensfr-0-2-120(1).thumb.png.a06913361c36896a23984f00b6e6944b.pnggensfr-0-2-126.thumb.png.6fdaed0a19c6186a1acea82aae1b2db7.pnggens-0-0-18.thumb.png.634938b26efc7343fa940a803a6b7a72.png

The Next Week is the big chance and it's really up to Luck now Where The snow falls. 

-30oc I Would Love That

gens-0-4-0.thumb.png.baf4123edd8eeca1c33acc7b19e0701c.png

Absolutely - we need an organised front to come in on Friday to give us in EA/SE one last shout of snow before it 'flattens' (temporarily)... still possible. Until then I am doubtful the showers or streamers will lead to anything but very isolated snowfalls.. but mostly rain and sleet I suspect.

If the diving low gets phased out on Friday I will be disappointed but at least there is plenty to potentially look out for with the impending SSW... I stress 'potentially' !!  

• Like 2

Posted

Horrrible,cold and damp with spits of drizzle.When you look at the set-up you would  thinkSnow showers or more organised bands of snow moving in to our region over the next few days.

When things are back to normal IM  booking a holiday in Ulaanbaatar,my daughter already excited lol

• Like 3

Posted

Well its back to WFH today, but being as it is dank, grey and miserable outside thats not to much of a hardship. We seemed to be on the northern edge of the rain earlier, and to be honest, although it was a NE breeze in January it didn't feel that cold, which i guess backs up the reason why we are seeing rain rather than anything wintery. current temp 3.6c, DP 3c.

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely disgusting day here in Southend. Not really stopped raining for the last few hours. Add in the raw wind and it’s about as bad as it gets really.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, Southender said:

Absolutely disgusting day here in Southend. Not really stopped raining for the last few hours. Add in the raw wind and it’s about as bad as it gets really.

But nowt unexpected, given the less-than-ideal Uppers and long sea-track? A wicked waste of a synoptic pattern...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Here we sit in a Michelin Star restaurant, but the menu looks like something from a Bush Tucker Trial. 

Rank. Just rank. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Well North Sea convection clearly isn't an issue! But temps and dew points are. If we were the right side of marginal, a big chunk of our region would be getting buried right now. 

• Like 3

Posted
34 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

As expected disgusting day with bits of drizzle interspersed with heavier bits of rain and warmest temperatures in over a week with Temp of 5c and Dewpoint of 4c. So Kudos to BBC and Meto for saying it will be warmer than the week before, absolutely spot on and the only Booming I can hear is the Shoeburyness MOD site who seem to be doing some bombing on Foulness Island lol

Hope this rubbish weather clears off and we can get some frosty weather end of the week

BBC Breakfast said this morning that the temperature was rising for the weekend to +6c and slightly milder ....OH   NO !!!!! hope this is temporary until the ssw kicks in