Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, gales, snow, thunder and more snow
24 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Ikr? Sure, it has been sunny and more akin to late March than end of Feb, but warm? Definitely not. It may feel warm to some because the sun is out, but the sun is still relatively week at this time of the year and temps have only been around 12 Celsius.

Out the wind it’s lovely here on Guernsey. Out In the force 6 NE it’s Baltic!! English Channel loves to funnel the winds through here. The isobars may look well spaced but every time  there’s an easterly here it’s nearly a gale

Posted
7 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s not been that warm lol. People really do exaggerate on this forum sometimes. I’m still wearing my jumper and winter jacket. 

Fact is I felt warm out walking yesterday and that's no exaggeration!  I did take a light jacket just in case, but it wasn't needed.  Yes, nights have been chilly but the days have been mild and felt warm in the sun.  That said, today was definitely chillier than yesterday and a light jacket was required when I went out!

• Like 1

Posted

I always look forward to those 120 days from November to February with dread. Dark. Cold. Dreary. For me a celebration as March 1st signals Spring. Lighter nights. Warmer weather. Longer days. Cricket season a few weeks away. I shall rejoice with a few beers tomorrow!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Bye winter.

I will take an unsettled westerly at this point over a dreadful easterly like the rubbish we had a couple weeks back.

Winter finished on 15th Feb here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bye winter Hello Spring Hope it’s an interesting one, full of exciting weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
44 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Bye winter Hello Spring Hope it’s an interesting one, full of exciting weather

and bbqs

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

bye winter, hello winter. end of the week, we lose the sun by day, and the day max's go low, as the night temp's stay low

3 consecutive nights of the temp getting down to +1 / 0c by dawn (just as cold as the recent cold spell for me) - except lack of wind. Very white frosts to start each day as well, before the sun got to work on it

and in the forecast, they say "turning colder" - but it's already cold

Edited by stevofunnelcl
added in some forgotten frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Posted
8 hours ago, lassie23 said:

and bbqs

Had one at the weekend, very nice it was, too ??

• Like 1

Posted

Only in uk can the deep cold nearly always miss us,looks prime at  just 3 days ahead then some how the high slips South over UK and game over AGAIN.

Posted

I think realistically that’s our lot now for the next 8/9 months ref genuine cold.

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I'm loving the quiet weather right now, it may not be summer heat but the clear blue skies and with the sun having a bit of warmth to it now, why would u want to have bitter cold back? it's the best balanced weather for everyone it's not too cold nor too hot. It could be better (for me) with some convective showers but that's just a bonus, right now I love it 

• Like 3

Posted

We’ve had pleasant sunshine over the last week but it looks colder this week. Woke up to a thick layer of fog this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well, I'm going to say of our 3 cold snaps - the one around 27th to 29th Dec was the colder here. I went to Dartmouth on that Holiday Monday for the last football game of the season as it turned out and my new winter gloves weren't a lot of help. 

I was cold down at St Blazey again on 5th Dec, but that was down to wind tunnel down the Par valley.

Feb was cold, but not cold cold here. No real ice days as forecast and just some snow grains. 

So now, here's Spring. Here's to warmth and a thundry May. 

Posted

poor winter in these parts again,hopefully when its safe to travel we can get our snow fix again:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Had one at the weekend, very nice it was, too ??

Any lamb kebabs?

Posted

March 1st to me, is where we turn a corner. Even if we get cold spells of weather between now and mid April, the whole feel of things are different compared to what they were between late October and mid February. 

March 1st is similar to September 1st for me. Yes September can be nice, but by then, you know summer and long days are fading, and I feel March is the same, but in reverse. 

I was surprised this winter ended up higher than 1986-87, so just goes to show how much colder it was at times, despite the mild second half to February. I think winter 2021/22 will be even colder.

Posted
12 minutes ago, mcfcson said:

It’s been freezing today, yes it’s sunny but it’s not even remotely warm tbh. 7/8 degrees here. Feel like people saying it’s warm are milking it a bit 

It's not warm at all is it. I know the sun makes it feel warm, but until April or later, the shade can still feel very cold, or any spots out of the sun for that matter.

Don't get me wrong, the recent days have been a tonic and pleasant change from the bleak dreary cold dull weather that came before. But, the nights and evenings are still cold. It's certainly not warm enough to walk around in a t shirt or light jacket. The windchill can also be deceptive at this time of year. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Not been a bad winter overall in my neck of the woods; mild at times but plenty of genuinely cold days, even had the odd snowfall here and there. All 3 winter months had cold spells, particularly during the first half of February. 

As for now, whilst the meteorological Spring has begun, I am not ruling out one final cold blast before Spring properly makes its appearance. March can often bring wintery weather just like September often brings summery weather. Even April can feel wintery at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
2 hours ago, mcfcson said:

It’s been freezing today, yes it’s sunny but it’s not even remotely warm tbh. 7/8 degrees here. Feel like people saying it’s warm are milking it a bit 

Or people saying it's warm are in places where it's more than 7/8 degrees. 14c here today and in the sun with almost no wind was certainly t shirt weather compared to the last few weeks.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Winter was a 1.5 / 10 for me.

No snow.

Average Winter temp came in at 6°C, 0.3°C above the Met Office average for this area.

Sunshine was well below average, rainfall was well above average.

The 1.5 is for a single ice day at the beginning of January.

Posted
10 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Any lamb kebabs?

No, it’s hard to get lamb here 

Looks like a lot of people were caught out with this current chilly spell after forecasting warm pleasant days. Days remaining very chilly all week with fog and low cloud.

People see HP and warm uppers and assume warmth even in early March which usually is not the case. 

Edited by Eugene