Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted

Damn, looks like we are going into the freezer after all. This looks very unpleasant. I better order warmer gloves.

Edited by daz_4
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

More than happy to see 30cm + drifting in a strong easterly 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

After a very wet 3 months the last thing i expected was it to Pi$$ down the entire day!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

After a very wet 3 months the last thing i expected was it to Pi$$ down the entire day!

lashing it down here to, no sign of the cold stuff as yet, even if it does turn  to snow its to wet to settle.

Posted
1 minute ago, sparky1972 said:

lashing it down here to, no sign of the cold stuff as yet, even if it does turn  to snow its to wet to settle.

No such thing. Had 15cm last month after 36 hours of non stop rain.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Matthew Gill said:

Isles of Scilly under the -9 line at 96hrs

Screenshot_20210206-182101_Meteociel.jpg

Julia Bradbury was doing one of her walks there on TV the other day. She visited some famous gardens which had plants from all over the world there. The owner said that the climate there was perfect, and the plants could survive because of the gulf stream and they never had any frost. Sounds like this area may be under threat?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Week ahead forecast showing something a bit milder by the end of the week

130969658_Screenshot_2021-02-06WeatherfortheWeekAhead-BBCWeather.thumb.png.d1b073f59b708c07385daf8cd4f73246.png

Aye, but that's the BBC, what do they know about weather. LONDON at plus 1 Wednesday, daft, wrong.

Stick to Children in Need and David Attemborough programs, at least they do some good there.

• Like 1

Posted

The sooner the Beast from the East is replaced by the Vest from the West the better. Roll on spring. No more ice snow blizzards cold . Yuk . Hate it. Watching cricket from Chennai this morning. Apparently that is a winter's day. Clear blue sky. 30c. If only...

• Like 5

Posted

like many stories, you have to be prepared for the script to be re written. Tonight BBC weather is now saying the strong , maybe 30mph East winds will blow a stream of snow showers maybe tonight or on Sunday, "all the way from East to West", getting at times as far as Ireland!!!

So the N West region could get quite some blowing snow showers by Sunday into Monday or Tuesday.

Quite surprised really but not entirely .  , Its the very strong winds with wind chill to -3%C "Daytime feel" thats feeding these snow showers over to us in N West.  We will see what happens, is all you can do and wait what ever nature intends to hand out. The Winds got up last few hours, Actually quite surprised its this strong in West Lancs. Poked nose out of kitchen window and closed it again in a hurry!!!  so think leave radiators on a little overnight. BBC weather watchers are going to have a ball next few days.

The winds really getting going now, almost already half a gale here!" on beaufort scale    By my observations  I reckon its at between force 6-7..... howling against our wall.. suppose its safe to say, "dont write off the snow In Lancs yet "Not until the fat lady sings!!"❄️

Batten down the hatches!!!  "Tis not over yet"!!!

Edited by AmatuerMet1963

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, hot weather, dry, mild, gale force winds
6 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

The sooner the Beast from the East is replaced by the Vest from the West the better. Roll on spring. No more ice snow blizzards cold . Yuk . Hate it. Watching cricket from Chennai this morning. Apparently that is a winter's day. Clear blue sky. 30c. If only...

I'm with you there. Tired of winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Aye, but that's the BBC, what do they know about weather. LONDON at plus 1 Wednesday, daft, wrong.

Stick to Children in Need and David Attemborough programs, at least they do some good there.

The BBC seem obsessed with milder weather . Louise Lear droning on about the disappointing temps as if it’s mid summer ! It’s winter it’s supposed to be cold . 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Sigh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The BBC seem obsessed with milder weather . Louise Lear droning on about the disappointing temps as if it’s mid summer ! It’s winter it’s supposed to be cold . 

Makes me cringe watching most of the BBC weather forecasts when they promote mild weather by saying “at least it’ll be mild”.

Well get used to cold weather then.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

John Hammond is our man - cold ramper!  ❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry and sunny with a gentle breeze ?
29 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Looking forward to spring. It’s times like this I wish I had central heating! I know winter is meant to be cold but don’t like freezing temperatures during the day and slip-sliding my way to work isn’t much fun either!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'd be interested to know the Darcy equation for the precipitation moving in off the North Sea tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!
1 hour ago, snowblizzard said:

John Hammond is our man - cold ramper!  ❄️❄️❄️❄️

He’s just commented on his Facebook group about downgrade on the snow opportunity.  MetO seems to agree with him.  All but vanished from the forecast here in the east 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Latest Met Office update for the South East - 

“There remains a chance of the odd scattered snow shower through Tuesday and Wednesday. Remaining cold but with outbreaks of winter sunshine, these perhaps becoming more widespread on Thursday.”

Outbreaks of winter sunshine!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

No Brexit shortages here, this morning ?? ?? 

F726F557-3A46-4013-BEC4-23DCD8D5BE3F.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, Gooddaysunshine said:

Looking forward to spring. It’s times like this I wish I had central heating! I know winter is meant to be cold but don’t like freezing temperatures during the day and slip-sliding my way to work isn’t much fun either!

Same here ,  lost my interest in snow years ago now that I have to commute to work ,  not fun very early on  dark cold mornings  driving in snow and risking a crash. I drive carefully , but its others sliding into you where the danger lies ,    I have concerns about the vaccine rollout too ,  but lets see on that one 

Lets get back to normal with this awful winter respiratory virus at the back of us ,  with some sunny bright days and some storms/convective cloudscapes too ☺️        

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry and sunny with a gentle breeze ?
2 minutes ago, IanR said:

Same here ,  lost my interest in snow years ago now that I have to commute to work ,  not fun very early on  dark cold mornings  driving in snow and risking a crash. I drive carefully , but its others sliding into you where the danger lies ,    I have concerns about the vaccine rollout too ,  but lets see on that one 

Lets get back to normal with this awful winter respiratory virus at the back of us ,  with some sunny bright days and some storms/convective cloudscapes too ☺️        

I’m new on here I made the mistake of venturing into the model thread. I’m now terrified! I know people like events that make history but there seems to be so much glee. I don’t understand it. 

• Like 3