Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Grey, wet, cool and vertually weather-less sums up the winter so far here. I can't ever remember wanting springs arrival more! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 minute ago, Scorcher said:

Hopefully the ECM follows the GFS and tones down the cold. Would be great to see the coldest air end up missing the UK.

Wow you're brave walking into here in the winter!

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Vadoseflame said:

Why?

I think it needs to be borne in mind that not everyone using this thread will want snow/cold - some may be hoping to avoid it and are keen to follow developments just as much as those of us who would like deep white.

• Like 3

Posted

The Met Office forecast now talks of air coming from the "eastern continent" - do they mean Vladivostok?!

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Ian Docwra said:

I think it needs to be borne in mind that not everyone using this thread will want snow/cold - some may be hoping to avoid it and are keen to follow developments just as much as those of us who would like deep white.

Really.. so it's true then! Such people truly exist..

Posted
1 minute ago, Ian Docwra said:

The Met Office forecast now talks of air coming from the "eastern continent" - do they mean Vladivostok?!

they're all in with all their ACES along with all the models - we shall be feeling the beasterly shortly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
32 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Hopefully the ECM follows the GFS and tones down the cold. Would be great to see the coldest air end up missing the UK.

EH? it's February not summer, havin' a laugh? what you mean is, the GFS is likely to be right over the EC

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 2

Posted
35 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Really.. so it's true then! Such people truly exist..

I can't explain it, they just do!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
6 minutes ago, danm said:

Mate, you do need to give it a rest. Every post of yours is about how you’ve yet to see any snow. I’m also a long suffering SE’erner and have only had one settling snowfall so far this winter. But we don’t need to keep repeating that in every single post?

We’re still 5 days away from this potential cold spell properly landing. Sit tight and see what happens. There’ll be further shifts north and south, not every model run will be a carbon copy of the last one. The output from all of the models, bar the GFS, is within the envelope of bringing a potentially very cold and snowy spell to the U.K. Where exactly gets the snow is still way too far out to be determined. 

That's literally all I want like you've had 1 settling snowfall and id be happy tbh, my reply after you posted this, I did say I'm trying (with difficulty) to stay optimistic once there's been a snow event like London etc had I'm sure it will change everything like for yourself, but as Kreftysoton just said this is a really abnormal winter by the fact there's been such a stark divergence between the North and south this winter, and its those fine lines which keep reoccurring that has made it increasingly frustrating for us with out any settling snowfalls, still time It may or may not happen we shall see 

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Well, a North v South meltdown currently in full swing over on the MAD thread. Admin gonna be very busy when they log in lol. All based on something that will probably chop and change quite alot over the next few days. 

• Like 1

Posted

Me if those of us in the now starves south miss out again. I know it’s bratty but I don’t mind if everyone has a crap winter it’s when I see people a few hundred miles north of me buried and down here we have a deluge of rain. 

Me? Bitter? Noooooo

E253862C-80A5-4699-8F70-CA93DB11A6D1.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

If I miss out down here yet again and have a completely snowless winter...AGAIN...I'm going to slice Scotland so it becomes an Island and drifts off to Iceland, cryogenically freeze myself for a few 100,00 years and hopefully by then what remains of England will have drifted north to be where Scotland is now and then maybe, just maybe I might see snowflake one day !!

if the ECM plays out, it will be one rain storm after another after another down here, to go with the several trillion gallons per square nanometre per millisecond for the last 2 months non stop  that we've already had to endure this winter so far.

Ahhh that feels better

Edited by EML Network
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme
6 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Me if those of us in the now starves south miss out again. I know it’s bratty but I don’t mind if everyone has a crap winter it’s when I see people a few hundred miles north of me buried and down here we have a deluge of rain. 

Me? Bitter? Noooooo

E253862C-80A5-4699-8F70-CA93DB11A6D1.gif

It's like the entire country all winning the lottery and sending us pictures every hour of how much fun they are having, whilst were in isolation in a Max security prison trying to explain to Bob the Axe murdering scitzo paranoid delusional drug addict on a heroin come down in the same cell were in that we are simply another human sharing the same cell. 

Edited by EML Network
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!
7 minutes ago, EML Network said:

It's like the entire country all winning the lottery and sending us pictures every hour of how much fun they are having, whilst were in isolation in a Max security prison trying to explain to Bob the Axe murdering scitzo paranoid delusional drug addict on a heroin come down in the same cell were in that we are simply another human sharing the same cell. 

Nah they're just bragging about having a ticket! No one has won anything yet lol

Posted

top ranting EML, The one good thing is these systems often trend south... we will see. We are still in with shout, it would just be Sod’s law, we’ve had the worst winter I can remember down here, relatively cold and wet. I’m trying to remember the last nice sunny day we had, maybe once in the last month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
13 minutes ago, EML Network said:

If I miss out down here yet again and have a completely snowless winter...AGAIN...I'm going to slice Scotland so it becomes an Island and drifts off to Iceland, cryogenically freeze myself for a few 100,00 years and hopefully by then what remains of England will have drifted north to be where Scotland is now and then maybe, just maybe I might see snowflake one day !!

if the ECM plays out, it will be one rain storm after another after another down here, to go with the several trillion gallons per square nanometre per millisecond for the last 2 months non stop  that we've already had to endure this winter so far.

Ahhh that feels better

... Why don't you just move somewhere that's guaranteed snow every winter - snow will probably no longer exist in the UK in a thousand years .

Posted
25 minutes ago, EML Network said:

The solution has been suggested to namby pamby southerner's on numerous occasions. 

House prices are a lot cheaper in Scotland as well!! Just move, especially with WFH ever more common these days. People living south of Watford who complain about never getting snow are as daft as people living in Siberia complaining it snows too much. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Dry plus lots of Snow

Can someone share how to block individuals