Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers
1 minute ago, goosey007 said:

No way have they based the end of next week on this morning rogue ECM run producer should be shot .....

That's exactly what they have done, I recognised the pressure chart straight away and all the talk was of South westerlies next weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

I'm guessing the Beebs week ahead forecast is pre recorded earlier in day. 

I was shocked to see what they said with what most of this afternoons and evening runs are showing. 

Edited by Bradowl
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
Just now, Bradowl said:

I was shocked to see what they said with what most this afternoon and evening runs are showing. 

Yes by the time it's on your screen it's already stale data....!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
1 minute ago, Bradowl said:

I was shocked to see what they said with what most this afternoon and evening runs are showing. 

And what there own national met service is forecasting! Seems like they completely ignore them ... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, Bradowl said:

I'm guessing the Beebs week ahead forecast is pre recorded earlier in day month. 

edited for accuracy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow!

Nice pictures from Oslo fjord this morning. Although not a snowy winter so far, this  January has been below normal after 2013.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers
Just now, goosey007 said:

And what there own national met service is forecasting! Seems like they completely ignore them ... 

Going off topic here but the Beeb forecast was always gold standard when it was in partnership with the MetO, rarely watch it now its as bad as ITV or SKY.

Our great institutions should support each  other and the MetO is a great British jewel, shame on the Beeb for dropping them over a few lousy pounds.

Andy

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
11 minutes ago, Penrith Snow said:

You wouldn't think that watching the Week ahead forecast on the Beeb, it was based completely on this mornings ECM rouge run with blow tourch south westerlies next weekend. 

You would think the presenters would look at the bigger picture instead of just uploading the ECM straight on to the graphics.

Pathetic 

Andy

don't shoot the messenger, they are forced to do it by the 'intellectual' elite at the BBC, they cannot change graphics themselves as i understand, it has to be passed off if they do by the chief forecaster (used to be met, guessing its meteogroup now), TBF they can word things any way they want though so maybe they should point out that a chart is unlikely to verify when their meteorological knowledge is telling them such.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Penrith Snow said:

Going off topic here but the Beeb forecast was always gold standard when it was in partnership with the MetO, rarely watch it now its as bad as ITV or SKY.

Our great institutions should support each  other and the MetO is a great British jewel, shame on the Beeb for dropping them over a few lousy pounds.

Andy

Sunday lunchtime with the farmers forecast used to be essential viewing. Gutted they seem to have killed it. Agree they should have kept the met office. Who do they use now? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos

I have e-mailed the BEEB about their shocking forecasts with regards data and content lets see what they say - automated response below - let's see if someone messages me this week 

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We appreciate all the feedback we receive as it plays an important role in helping to shape our decisions. 

This is an automated message (sorry that we can’t reply individually) to let you know that we’ve read your comments and will report them overnight to staff across the BBC for them to read too (after removing any personal details). This includes our programme makers, commissioning editors and senior management. 

Thanks again for contacting the BBC. 

BBC Audience Services. 

NB: Please do not reply to this email. It includes a reference number but comes from an automated account which is not monitored.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
10 minutes ago, Bermuda High said:

For gods sake bbc is private firm meteogroup not metoffice. 

They only use metoffice for warnings 

Yes and ??????..............................their forecasts are horrendous 

And I am a licence payer 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty Winter said:

This aged like milk in the Sahara.

A6D15D0D-24D4-4BF3-9D77-992122F7526E.png

Embarrassing from the beeb - and the presenter.  Shows they take no interest in the synoptics. 

Edited by Johnp
  • Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Johnp said:

Embarrassing from the beeb - and the presenter.  Shows they take no interest in the synoptics. 

Not sure you can suggest that the Beeb/Meteo "take no interest in the synoptics".

To be honest, the picture takes things completely out of context. Sarah did explain that the UK would be in the battleground between milder and colder air and colder air could push in from the East.

So that forecast is the worse-case scenario for us cold-lovers, whilst the 18Z tonight seems to present one of the best possible outcomes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Frosty Winter said:

This aged like milk in the Sahara.

D5BDF286-E101-41AB-A8A6-E96B3312AF24.jpeg

Complete joke of graphics and did not even fully reflect this mornings ECM run. Most of Scotland is forecast to remain in the cold air yet you think they are forecast double figures going by that chart. The deepness of the yellow/orange colours is also misleading. 

Anyways if the low does not faff on like the GFS is showing then it will be dark blues on the weather maps and not yellows. Goes to show if everything does come together, you can get some very good results on a cold POV. I don't think today's ECM is that bad, snow potential I'm sure but no deep cold and as some mention, it's alot more risky longer term if the low did stay parked over the UK. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine
3 minutes ago, DEYS(Kent) said:

Para GFS a little different this morning. Has HP building over the UK a week today and easterly feed getting cut off..A variation of a theme and waaay too far out to be concerned about..

I actually don't want another Dec 2010. It was nice to live through it but it was murder if you had to drive a lot for work etc. Give me 3 or 4 days of good nationwide snow opportunities so ppl who haven't seen a flake yet can get a dumping. Then a foggy cold high to preserve what we have would do me just fine. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
9 hours ago, WorldExplore said:

Her facial shock says it all. 

She looks like she's going to burst into tears