Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted

Never quite get the Met warnings...Amber warning for east Anglia tomorrow for 'widely 1 to 3 cm of snow' ..places up north had 10 to 15 cm yesterday under a yellow warning?!

• Like 4

Posted
45 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I'm confused -you can't be more than 30 miles from me yet I've barely seen any snow this winter.

Don't think you meant confused, snowed as recent as yesterday and 4 times before, of course it didn't settle or amount to anything. Point I was making is that it's been cold and below average. Every time I've heard it's the wrong side of marginal it's snowed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
36 minutes ago, KTtom said:

Never quite get the Met warnings...Amber warning for east Anglia tomorrow for 'widely 1 to 3 cm of snow' ..places up north had 10 to 15 cm yesterday under a yellow warning?!

Is it because East Anglians cant deal with snowfall (much like the pathetic southerners) ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
19 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

The effects can take a month to filter down and last for 3 

knowing our bad luck it'll last 6 months and ruin Summer lol

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
11 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

knowing our bad luck it'll last 6 months and ruin Summer lol

I don’t mind it ruining summer as long as we can avoid the incessant heat of 32c + temperatures which seem to be an unwelcome regular occurrence down South!!!!!!!

Posted

Yanks also becoming frustrated with the NH profile and models!  

Jo Coiffi saying Northern blocking is too strong and is preventing normal pattern that would import the more severe arctic air? 

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ribster said:

Don't think you meant confused, snowed as recent as yesterday and 4 times before, of course it didn't settle or amount to anything. Point I was making is that it's been cold and below average. Every time I've heard it's the wrong side of marginal it's snowed.

Not quite the winter wonderland...lol

Posted
2 hours ago, KTtom said:

Agreed,just like  BBC are always drawing attention to London and southeast.This is very apparent when viewing from Scotland.

• Like 2

18z more floods inbound...

Is a UK high too much to ask for? Some sunshine please.

Temperatures in the low teens end of January for England, which is pleasant but the rain on that South Westerly will not be welcome!

Edited by DCee

Posted

Model fatigue has set in for me, all rather tedious at the moment and its getting boring. I've still got my eyes around the 20th onwards for something to get more enjoyable to look at judging by goings on high above. Somethings got to give soon surely!

• Like 1

Posted

Fingers crossed tomorrow delivers some goods here in Lincs even if it doesn’t last very long. 

As expected the SSW appears to be a bit of a damp squib, it won’t be long before we’re hoping it gets a bit warmer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.
31 minutes ago, HellItsHot said:

Fingers crossed tomorrow delivers some goods here in Lincs even if it doesn’t last very long. 

As expected the SSW appears to be a bit of a damp squib, it won’t be long before we’re hoping it gets a bit warmer.

I don’t know what part of Lincs you live in, but I live 10 miles from the coast and have had absolutely no snow at all yet this winter. I know some places like Lincoln had a good dumping yesterday. 

Posted

I think expectations of a severe UK winter have, once again, been dashed.

Slowly but surely, we appear to be returning to more normal UK winter pattern.

And, it looks like flooding will be the main concern in some area's during next week!

But, I suppose that's better than ambulances trying to transport patients on icy roads or through deep snow drifts.

• Like 2

Posted

Probably nothing compared to that in the north earlier this week - but it feels like winter wonderland here in Essex! Probably most significant snowfall since 2018. More than I expected. Though it is now starting to rain. 

A5A30F61-04E7-4060-BA77-8B99D5686FE1.JPG

IMG_3077.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ribster said:

All rain @Dcee, wrong side of marginal again, lol!

20210116_074225.jpg

⁹all rain here near Cambridge. It's good you are happy with your few mm....

1 hour ago, snowblizzard said:

I think expectations of a severe UK winter have, once again, been dashed.

Slowly but surely, we appear to be returning to more normal UK winter pattern.

And, it looks like flooding will be the main concern in some area's during next week!

But, I suppose that's better than ambulances trying to transport patients on icy roads or through deep snow drifts.

Yes the word severe in respect to snow is something we might not use again except for the one in ten to thirty year account. Flooding yes, lots more of that.

In ten to twenty years the relentless flooding of the UK (more so the South) will be driving people out of the UK. How much so remains unclear, depends how UK acts beforehand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Glad I’ve not delved into the model thread too much this last month! The usual mid slinging and toys out of the pram in full seasonal effect. It can be the best and worst season on this forum.

• Like 2

Posted
47 minutes ago, DCee said:

⁹all rain here near Cambridge. It's good you are happy with your few mm....

Good inch and still coming down, as it has been all morning.

Edited by ribster

I'm so over this winter, I know for many further north and east its been a million times better than last time around but its been dreadful again for snow down here. Hopefully another 5-6weeks and we can start keeping an eye on the models for when the first 20C will start appearing out in FI

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

Well this is the sum total of winter 20/21 snowfall I bet the snow ploughs have been busy here this morning.

42B9900B-ACC1-4FF7-A232-54E1B54AA3CC.jpeg

• Like 3