Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 hours ago, YellowSnow said:

And that is why I no longer post in MOD thread. Anybody not sharing their view of the next upcoming ice age gets eaten alive in there. It really needs sorting out. 

It was like that years ago - I rarely read that thread in winter these days.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
13 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Surprisingly, the capital of Spain, Madrid will be a lot colder than here in the UK with lows forecasted to be around -8, and a lot snowier. Could get a bit of snow in the north of the country on Thursday tho. Afterwards, its the usual wet, cool weather we normally get.

e7Z48unilM.gif

Tragic isnt it. Boiling all summer long then Snow every winter. Then look at us. Sorry I've got a right grump on tonight. Bloomin Weather..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Man it is annoying how America gets the real decent cold every year. It must be great to have hot summers and snowy winters every year.  

• Like 4

Posted

They get freezing ice days and massive snowfalls we get damp dark muddy marginal rainy rubbish. How unlucky can we get it's crazy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
20 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

They get freezing ice days and massive snowfalls we get damp dark muddy marginal rainy rubbish. How unlucky can we get it's crazy. 

It’s called a continental climate and ours is a mild maritime one. Nothing unlucky or unusual, just how it is 99% of the time. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
29 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

do they??..that's a huge generalization..you cant compare a massive continent to a small island

Posted
38 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s called a continental climate and ours is a mild maritime one. Nothing unlucky or unusual, just how it is 99% of the time. 

30 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

do they??..that's a huge generalization..you cant compare a massive continent to a small island

What thread is this again.

Posted

Looking cold in Spain, Also know for their very cold winter snowy climate.

Damn Us and their snowy cold winters 

Posted
4 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

Looking cold in Spain, Also know for their very cold winter snowy climate.

Damn Us and their snowy cold winters 

Looks like Madrid will get 2-3 days of nonstop snow and lows of -8 forecast for next week. Wonder when that will happen for us

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Looks like Madrid will get 2-3 days of nonstop snow and lows of -8 forecast for next week. Wonder when that will happen for us

Cold rain and muddy dog paws from the garden. 

I know it can all change fancied a moan tonight.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
32 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

What thread is this again.

Yeah, but it’s a bit like moaning that the sun rises in the east. I do get the frustration though

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, davehsug said:

Oh good grief! They're off again in there 

Have the happy pills been passed around again?!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Have the happy pills been passed around again?!

It's some of the finest straw clutching you'll ever see, more ifs & buts than you can shake a barometer at.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, davehsug said:

It's some of the finest straw clutching you'll ever see, more ifs & buts than you can shake a barometer at.

Haha, I’m not sure I could read it at this hour! I do still think that we’re going to have a decent cold spell this winter but am not living in a fantasy world where I suddenly think I live in eastern Canada 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yeah, but it’s a bit like moaning that the sun rises in the east. I do get the frustration though

I Ion't care if it care if that's just out climate or whatever.

I want to have a cold winter life sucks at the moment and for abit it looked like we were going to have a decent spell..

Not supprised we get screwed over as it usually happens to us..

Maybe we will get lucky in a couple weeks. 

Will be seeing headlines of cold and snow again from Us sneaking into our news while we are looking at drizzle on the window.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.
13 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

I want to have a cold winter life sucks at the moment and for abit it looked like we were going to have a decent spell..

Will be seeing headlines of cold and snow again from Us sneaking into our news while we are looking at drizzle on the window.

We might well have a decent cold spell this winter as it’s only early January after all. My only advice is not to read about it on the MOD thread as they seem to kill any cold by all the hot air that’s expelled on there. They’ve melted more ice sheets than any other man-made global warming has ever achieved. 

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Haha, I’m not sure I could read it at this hour! I do still think that we’re going to have a decent cold spell this winter but am not living in a fantasy world where I suddenly think I live in eastern Canada 

I'm not even dead against there being a serious cold spell coming up. I think we've both been around here long enough to know that the models will make fools of us, especially with the current events. It's just the blind faith, that if you only believe hard enough.....

Edited by davehsug
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 hours ago, Sweatyman said:

Tragic isnt it. Boiling all summer long then Snow every winter. Then look at us. Sorry I've got a right grump on tonight. Bloomin Weather..

They don't get snow every winter... in fact they get it about as many times as we don't. The Madrilenos still harp on about the great snowfall of  9th January 2009, then came along another one in February 2018. The only difference is that they have altitude on their side when potential snow does eventually come along (if it isn't swallowed up by neighbouring mountains).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter
4 hours ago, WinterWilf said:

Man it is annoying how America gets the real decent cold every year. It must be great to have hot summers and snowy winters every year.  

Yes, would love to live in America and have proper heat and storms in summer, with decent snowfalls most winters.

This has probably been the most pathetic 'cold' spell I can remember, at least for the south of the country. Barely even a frost here let alone a flake of snow. Just damp, dreary and muddy.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

Yes, would love to live in America and have proper heat and storms in summer, with decent snowfalls most winters.

This has probably been the most pathetic 'cold' spell I can remember, at least for the south of the country. Barely even a frost here let alone a flake of snow. Just damp, dreary and muddy.

Bar some lucky spots most of midlands not see settling snow it's snowed twice here in Burton and it instantly melted it's just been sleet and rain.  Cold spell not that cold I have only had to scrape the van twice so far.

The main disappointment so far is the promising signals and charts.

Last couple years least the charts have been awful so you know you are going to get rain and nothingness.

This year so much promise and then just to get the norm is worse.

But least there is plenty of time left stuff may change with this SSW and at this point last few years I would not even be on the forums because I'd already given up. So that's a positive I suppose.

Edited by WinterWilf

Posted
7 hours ago, WinterWilf said:

Fair enough, it can be very exciting when we get unusual weather in this generally dreary maritime climate. I’m lucky that I was able to move to Central Europe 2 years ago and have been experiencing a slightly more continental climate (which I prefer). Would be great fun to see a cold and snowy spell but I’m not stressing if it doesn’t happen (and the added pressure on the NHS wouldn’t be helpful, either).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Fair enough, it can be very exciting when we get unusual weather in this generally dreary maritime climate. I’m lucky that I was able to move to Central Europe 2 years ago and have been experiencing a slightly more continental climate (which I prefer). Would be great fun to see a cold and snowy spell but I’m not stressing if it doesn’t happen (and the added pressure on the NHS wouldn’t be helpful, either).

A lot of folk on these threads don't seem to grasp the concept of land mass. The USA and Eastern Europe have extremes of all weather types as standard. The UK surrounded by water obv is more temperate. The recent cold has for some areas given a good few snowfalls even with moderate temps in a slack air flow. The outlook is uncertain for the UK but the SSW and wind Reversal will certainly stir things up 

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, davehsug said:

I'm not even dead against there being a serious cold spell coming up. I think we've both been around here long enough to know that the models will make fools of us, especially with the current events. It's just the blind faith, that if you only believe hard enough.....

Haha, just like Brexit (and we all know how that’s turning out). Trouble is, people fall for the hype every year and then it all turns nasty when things don’t materialise as hoped.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, swfc said:

A lot of folk on these threads don't seem to grasp the concept of land mass. The USA and Eastern Europe have extremes of all weather types as standard. The UK surrounded by water obv is more temperate. The recent cold has for some areas given a good few snowfalls even with moderate temps in a slack air flow. The outlook is uncertain for the UK but the SSW and wind Reversal will certainly stir things up 

Yes, plenty of changes to come with the SSW, no doubt. It’s not even half way through winter yet and quite a few places have seen some snow, already.