Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
4 hours ago, NixShep said:

not for hinckley though barometer cat!  hahah

Lol i had to laugh at that. Having already missed out on snow yesterday to the East, Last week to the West we now have a warning which is to our north east and south.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
8 minutes ago, MKN said:

Lol i had to laugh at that. Having already missed out on snow yesterday to the East, Last week to the West we now have a warning which is to our north east and south.

That's the beauty if Leicestershire. Whether the weather system is from north, south, east or west - we miss out regardless. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

That's the beauty if Leicestershire. Whether the weather system is from north, south, east or west - we miss out regardless. 

There has been the odd occasion we get in on the act from snow moving in from various directions so sometimes its beneficial but overall its better in this part of the world for the summers, less rain and recently some decent temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
3 minutes ago, MKN said:

There has been the odd occasion we get in on the act from snow moving in from various directions so sometimes its beneficial but overall its better in this part of the world for the summers, less rain and recently some decent temps.

Yes true, I can remember one or two times we did okay, but it is pretty rare. Do we really get less rain here ? anecdotally, it doesn't seem like rain ever struggles to get here to me, but i've never checked the actual figures for us versus the rest of the UK to be fair. 

Posted

It would be really nice for you in the East Midlands if it didn’t go to plan and stalled right over you giving you the hours of snowfall.

Problem is, it would leave us under the rainy bit and I just want it away from here!

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

Arpege going for 8 to 10 cms widely across east mids tomorrow morning but i believe when i see it...

Screenshot_20210115-165406_Chrome.jpg

Didn’t that happen last time and we only saw a flake or two here in Leicester? I wouldn’t believe any of these snowfall accumulation charts. Just look out the window and see what happens. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Starting to look like a box-standard UK winter again, so not really worth chasing a few flakes of snow falling especially locally.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Starting to look like a box-standard UK winter again, so not really worth chasing a few flakes of snow falling especially locally.

Defintely not a bog-standard winter down here.

We had a max of just 2c today and it was down to -0.4c by 5pm (currently -1.2c) - this does NOT normally happen here under permacloud  with no snow or even a frost!

It's been disappointing in terms of snow and hard frosts (although the latter have been more common than most recent years) and the lack of sun has been notable, but temperature-wise, this is proving a very cold month.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

We have min temps of -3/-4C around every year, it's just that when any forecasted snowfall event or any severe weather for that matter comes into the realistic timeframe it's all but faded into a standard weather event.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Evening guys.

Not looked tonight what are the chances of a snow event for tomorrow? 

I am out on the roads all day tomorrow and want to be prepared.

If it is going to be a pathetic non event like earlier this week them I am ok.

Really don't want to get stuck away from home delivering.

Wondering what the concensus is so far?

I am on the border here in Burton east and west midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
11 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

Evening guys.

Virtually nil I'd say for that location, not being negative, just for this area it's just a standard Atlantic front, could be up to 9 degrees as early as midday

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Virtually nil I'd say for that location, not being negative, just for this area it's just a standard Atlantic front, could be up to 9 degrees as early as midday

Great thank you.

Usually Id be all for snow loving it but I am doing 6 days and Saturday is my only night don't want to end up stuck out in middle of nowhere, when I should be home drinking.

Edited by WinterWilf

Posted
2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Ecm gives around 5 to 8 cms of snow for east of region before clearing!!aint believing it at all!!

I'm ok then as long as they say I will get some then I am safe. Rain Is fine!

As every time has been wrong.

It's the times where nothing is forecast that pay off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers
14 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

Evening guys.

Evening Winterwilf,we have a yellow weather warning for snow and ice tonight.But as usual the worst of the snow seems to be north and east of us again.We may get a few hours of wet snow in the morning but like yesterday I dont think it will settle.The front moves through by lunchtime leaving sun and showers.Turning much milder too.

Posted
1 minute ago, Eye to the sky said:

Evening Winterwilf,we have a yellow weather warning for snow and ice tonight.But as usual the worst of the snow seems to be north and east of us again.We may get a few hours of wet snow in the morning but like yesterday I dont think it will settle.The front moves through by lunchtime leaving sun and showers.Turning much milder too.

As long as it is like normal should be fine thanks for replies all.

• Thanks 1

Posted

If the updated Met Office forecast is right, the rain could be out of here by 10am.

Get it through quick and get it out of here. The sooner it’s scarpered off east and given them a winter wonderland...the better!

Posted
3 hours ago, Fozfoster said:

nice amber warning for the east, please edge west........

Imagine ??❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Yet another grotty day in Bewdley today. A stupendous maximum of 1.9 °C. Currently -0.2 °C. Grey and gloomy and cold throughout, not a glimmer of sunshine anywhere to be seen. Frankly I don't care much about snow in this area at the moment, I just want sunshine. If it's 12 °C too then that'll be fine by me!

Of course, good luck to those who do really want snow and have a chance of seeing it over to the east.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Yet another grotty day in Bewdley today. A stupendous maximum of 1.9 °C. Currently -0.2 °C. Grey and gloomy and cold throughout, not a glimmer of sunshine anywhere to be seen. Frankly I don't care much about snow in this area at the moment, I just want sunshine. If it's 12 °C too then that'll be fine by me!

Of course, good luck to those who do really want snow and have a chance of seeing it over to the east.

not in quarantine! keep it unsettled until Boris says so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
19 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not in quarantine! keep it unsettled until Boris says so

Oi, I'm not putting up with grey gunk for the whole of lockdown, thank you very much! Cold and sunny will do me fine as well. Or snow, of course, though there's not exactly much chance of that in Worcs for the near future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Cant see any snow really even the East the rain quickly moves in. Best place for the UK i think will be Norwich/Norfolk area. At least we know there's no chance for the West Midlands so can get a good night's sleep. Let's hope we get the goods in Feb.

Posted

I've got to be up at 6:30 am for work, so I'll have a look in the SE and EA thread to see what's going on.

Got my fingers crossed they'll see something, after that constant stream of icy rain off the North Sea they endured between Christmas and New Year, they really do deserve something.

And just so I'm not a traitor to my own local thread...the Midlanders east and south of Birmingham really deserve something too after missing out on...well...just about everything so far really.

Really would like to see these locations getting something. Would be nice if one winter, we could all get it at the same time as each other!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
4 minutes ago, Gord said:

I've got to be up at 6:30 am for work, so I'll have a look in the SE and EA thread to see what's going on.

Got my fingers crossed they'll see something, after that constant stream of icy rain off the North Sea they endured between Christmas and New Year, they really do deserve something.

And just so I'm not a traitor to my own local thread...the Midlanders east and south of Birmingham really deserve something too after missing out on...well...just about everything so far really.

Really would like to see these locations getting something. Would be nice if one winter, we could all get it at the same time as each other!

Same here for the East mids but can only see a few flakes at best before the mild uppers turn it to rain. Even the SE it will be transient but signifact for a few hours.