Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
19 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Let me tell you whats going to happen!!the showers are streaming in perfectly but its all rain but what will happen is when it does get colder later on for snow the showers will die away as if by magic!!!

Mo. They will change direction mate! Bet ya

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, MKN said:

That sort of confidence will see us do well i personally think from 10pm tonight any heavier showers if there are any will be snow and all showers snow from 1am ish until the warmest part of the day tomoz which may see showers of sleet unless fairly hefty but from tomorrow evening through till weds we should be fine so long as there is some precip. 

Bang on cue the shower approaching leicester from the north east is turning to sleet/snow on the precipitation type radar on netweather!!!gfs has 850s of nearly -10 on tuesday

Posted

Took up walk up to Apedale, 7 miles north of me. No snow melt at all up there. Quite a bit of a thaw around my area (Longton) but still a lot of snow left.

BD19CE92-3FCC-40C6-8E3A-43157DEF9122.jpeg

4DB2E4FD-3CC8-4938-B980-7A1A86F49203.jpeg

7BBF47DF-5BB0-4A75-9690-C5EDD8E71169.jpeg

54BBC8FE-F052-41CB-A7AC-6961F57134A5.jpeg

7EECA62B-FAB4-4B34-BAE2-9E5F601D550C.jpeg

E8A4A6C6-9063-4B4F-9DD7-554F6D216087.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

just come back from walking dog and it's classic cold rain out there.  The dog (Husky) still has not seen deep snow. This is not right. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I have noticed the clouds now have that pink/orange look to them you only get when there’s snow in the air so you never know, the night is young 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

I have noticed the clouds now have that pink/orange look to them you only get when there’s snow in the air so you never know, the night is young 

Sister Mary I don't think tonights your night.. Maybe tomorrow lol,, go to bed you obsessed freak 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Sister Mary I don't think tonights your night.. Maybe tomorrow lol,, go to bed you obsessed freak 

image.thumb.png.c43c5fb5ca46e5fd3343fc662f7292f1.pngimage.thumb.png.3b724956ed22a62a834226e6bfff9db0.png

• Like 2

Posted

The NMM is rolling out and could be interesting for us. You can view it here: https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=7&mode=1&map=330

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose de manière régulière le modèle à maille fine de WRF-NMM 0.05x0.05° (5km) sur 5 zones (France, Nord-Ouest, Nord-Est, Sud-Ouest, Sud-Est) et l'Italie, Royaume-Uni, Espagne et Allemagne

Edited by MKN

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I give up with these fantasy charts, how many turned out fairly incorrect for most of the region this past week? Remember at one point we had a frontal system heading towards us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Took a break last couple days, Glad I did seems alot of promising nothingness going on in here, They all were on suicide watch in the mod thread when I had a quick read to send me to sleep last night. 

Been chilly here last night but the temps did not drop below 0 for the first time in a while which is concerning.

Looks like any showers incoming today will be wet not white.

The models seem to be picking up abit this morning for cold fans which is good maybe this SSW will pay off after all. 

Anyway have a good start to week all.

1.c here looking abit miserable.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
20 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

Took a break last couple days, Glad I did seems alot of promising nothingness going on in here, They all were on suicide watch in the mod thread when I had a quick read to send me to sleep last night. 

Been chilly here last night but the temps did not drop below 0 for the first time in a while which is concerning.

Looks like any showers incoming today will be wet not white.

The models seem to be picking up abit this morning for cold fans which is good maybe this SSW will pay off after all. 

Anyway have a good start to week all.

1.c here looking abit miserable.

Birmingham Airport is 1c with due point of 0, with colder air coming in today so I think as the day goes on snow will become apparent, especially for highee areas but bhams generally all 400ft and higher so I'm sure they will do fine as they always do in winter 

• Like 1

Posted

Not the best looking Easterly. ?️

Screenshot_20210104_091126_com.android.chrome.jpg

Looking at the 06z we are currently under -6 850 temps. Throughout the day colder air moves in and by 10pm we are closer to -9. If its still rain by that stage time to forget seeing snow again

Edited by MKN

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still a hope early tomorrow, not much mind you, quickly moves north, but air seems milder now so could be rain/sleet

prectypeuktopo.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
5 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

All the sub zero dew points are across northern england!!!!most midlands should have been in sub zero dew points but its not happened yet!!

Yes dp at 1c here and rising. 

Will see what happens as day goes on sun is out here now quite warm rays.

Posted

I just have this sense of pessimism that its going to be one of those spells that couldve been but wasnt quite the full package. We're really in a bit of a no mans land at the moment where the uppers arent quite cold enough for snow widely and therefore its a wintry mix at best. For the majority of the country so far there hasnt been much to shout about, so here's hoping for a change later this month!