Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted

Regional BBC presenter didn't even mention the word snow for tomorrow, looks like she's a mild ramper.

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
13 minutes ago, weirpig said:

It will be Thursday at midday  if it happens   latest arome 

aromehd-45-22-0.png

Is that further North or do I need to go to specsavers

Posted
3 minutes ago, MKN said:

It will be this sort of distance (5/10miles) between 5cms of snow and 0cms tomorrow i imagine

Arome!!arpege!!gfs para and ecm good for the whole region!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Regional BBC presenter didn't even mention the word snow for tomorrow, looks like she's a mild ramper.

Lol don’t get me started on this one 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow storms any severe weather

How’s Leicester looking for tomorrow bbc ain’t really going for anything 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Think Iv had enough of the mod thread for a while lol. You look 2 days ago to people getting overly excited about a cold spell looking nailed on and then today it’s the complete opposite. Arrrrhhhh why do people take 800 hour charts as gospel for crying out loud. 
I can’t keep up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
Just now, markw2680 said:

Think Iv had enough of the mod thread for a while lol. You look 2 days ago to people getting overly excited about a cold spell looking nailed on and then today it’s the complete opposite. Arrrrhhhh why do people take 800 hour charts as gospel for crying out loud. 
I can’t keep up

Yeah I just get excited then annoyed over and over. Only because these people know alot more than me about the models.

But if the UK has a 5% chance of finding mild out amazing charts and synoptics then it will.

Think the worst then it's a supprise if we get cold or snow that's what I do.

• Like 1

Posted

Is it only me who's been thinking about the amount of rain we will receive? A lot of people are throwing their toys out of the pram just the see a flake or two but has no one thought of the flooding risks? If this was in Autumn I'm sure we'd all be focusing on the precipitation charts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looks like that front is slowly weakening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
1 minute ago, Josh Rubio said:

Is it only me who's been thinking about the amount of rain we will receive? A lot of people are throwing their toys out of the pram just the see a flake or two but has no one thought of the flooding risks? If this was in Autumn I'm sure we'd all be focusing on the precipitation charts. 

It doesn't look tremendously bad, most of the rain will be, at worst, moderate going into tomorrow. Models are predicting up to 30mm in places but widely 15-25mm. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A temperature of 0.3c outside but still nothing better than wet sleet. There must be milder air above.

Posted

Well across the region you've either got 3c and heavy rain or 10c and heavy rain.

The lampost views are all the same.

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gord said:

Well across the region you've either got 3c and heavy rain or 10c and heavy rain.

The lampost views are all the same.

It’s all very drippy out there 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
11 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

It’s all very drippy out there 

Thats what mand said ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Not anticipating much here, various local forecasts tomorrow saying cold wet rain, no snowfall (maybe a little sleet) roughly till lunch time then dry, cold and cloudy. Temp also still 8.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

According to the weather radar app current temperature 5c with Dupoint at 5c and we have wind chill 4c We have moderate rain here too I doubt we will see any snowfall in these parts of the West Midlands tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

To be honest even steady moderate rain would be at least slightly more interesting than the grey, dreary, gloomy muck we had pretty much all day here on Wednesday. About 10 °C at its mildest, but it honestly made no difference at all to be in double figures. Visibility was terrible, I couldn't see the hills across the valley, only a few miles away, and that's quite rare except when it's actually foggy (or snowing!). An utterly forgettable day.

• Like 1

Posted

Slightly more East on GFS 00Z.

SmartSelect_20210114-035548_Firefox.thumb.gif.ff1cd0d2fe15e38ce918505015721923.gif

Posted

The reason there is the risk of snow is because colder air undercuts this system, lowering the temperature and dew points, so I don’t know why people are saying it’s impossible for it to snow due to temperatures being too high many hours before that is predicted to happen...

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

The reason there is the risk of snow is because colder air undercuts this system, lowering the temperature and dew points, so I don’t know why people are saying it’s impossible for it to snow due to temperatures being too high many hours before that is predicted to happen...

Yh Matt the temps around Midday will be cold enough its just how quick we get the cold air further enough west to get the back edge snow most models have it changing around midday GFS not as good and delays the cold.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

Yh Matt the temps around Midday will be cold enough its just how quick we get the cold air further enough west to get the back edge snow most models have it changing around midday GFS not as good and delays the cold.

Aperge, Arome and Harmonie look further west this morning. Euro4 looks further east. Good chance for the east of the region. More uncertain further west,

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Aperge, Arome and Harmonie look further west this morning. Euro4 looks further east. Good chance for the east of the region. More uncertain further west,

Aperge did best last time when we had snow, and 3 out of 4 aint bad lol. Shiekhy be a happy bunny when he wakes up lol.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Netwx-mr looks promising for the Midlands today, fingers and toes crossed.

644466123_viewimage-2021-01-14T060417_494.thumb.png.fc3e7875b92f3d424387d6cef82d2693.png830062591_viewimage-2021-01-14T060437_766.thumb.png.e5c00aeb61052623be70deb6476bac43.png

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

Yeh euro4 looks probably same as 12z yesterday!!!gave me a lot of snow!!!i think whichever way you look at it east midlands well in the sweet spot!!lets hope it actually happens!!

• Like 1