Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted

Bit of a shame really, today's "snow event", is now quite quickly taking the lying snow, which has held on for almost 2 weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Good meto update for you guys. 

Posted

I know I’ve done well these past couple of weeks, but I’m still watching that large area of heavy precipitation across Northern England with envy as the drizzle comes down there. If only it had been further south like the models were showing!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
46 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I know I’ve done well these past couple of weeks, but I’m still watching that large area of heavy precipitation across Northern England with envy as the drizzle comes down there. If only it had been further south like the models were showing!

No just the models but the METO to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
56 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Good meto update for you guys. 

Which is what?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

That band over the northern England has moved further north if anything over the last couple of hours, so the hope of the Mids having any of it is reducing fairly quickly at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
16 minutes ago, beefy201 said:

Which is what?

There is potential at times for significant snowfall on the boundary between milder and colder air masses, with greatest risk across central and northern areas.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, That ECM said:

There is potential at times for significant snowfall on the boundary between milder and colder air masses, with greatest risk across central and northern areas.

Met office could not  even get todays forecast right for our area and that was yesterdays update ….. there outputs are extremely poor at the moment unfortunately   

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, beefy201 said:

Met office could not  even get todays forecast right for our area and that was yesterdays update ….. there outputs are extremely poor at the moment unfortunately   

Specific details vs general trend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Again milder air here, noticed as its turned easterly, that warm north sea, warmest day since boxing day, some surviving snow on my walk

20210108_141737.jpg

20210108_133756.jpg

20210108_135253.jpg

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Specific details vs general trend.

with the greatest respect Matt we could pick up on the general trend …. the money pumped into the met office and there overall performance in the last 18 mnths has been poor at best. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

MetOffice app says heavy snow here now in Wolves, nothing falling, proves those things are a joke and a complete waste of space.

• Like 5

Posted
16 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

MetOffice app says heavy snow here now in Wolves, nothing falling, proves those things are a joke and a complete waste of space.

Agreed

Posted
6 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Midlands the (snowy) battleground?

32CA3805-DB4C-4F65-B796-F4CA6E376169.jpeg

GFS joining potential party, well in FI, this the first of a few battleground systems, some may go north, some south, some maybe just right

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

Just to put my two pence worth in!!i think all the models in the end got it wrong for it today!!!in the end the snow band got stuck even further north and stayed there literally all day without moving!!luky buggers!!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Just to put my two pence worth in!!i think all the models in the end got it wrong for it today!!!in the end the snow band got stuck even further north and stayed there literally all day without moving!!luky buggers!!

won't last long, turning milder tomorrow night

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

won't last long, turning milder tomorrow night

Hopefully get through next week then we have chance of battleground snow wich is always risk for reward. So boring week ahead then its up for grabs again.

• Thanks 1

Posted

I’m dreaming of a December 2017 repeat. I missed the heaviest snow but it was still a great event and created stunning winter scenery. 

I’d love to see an event that brought a huge dumping of snow, like we see in other countries. Love to experience a Red warning for snow. Never been under a red warning for anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I’m dreaming of a December 2017 repeat. I missed the heaviest snow but it was still a great event and created stunning winter scenery. 

I’d love to see an event that brought a huge dumping of snow, like we see in other countries. Love to experience a Red warning for snow. Never been under a red warning for anything.

low needs to track just right, too far north rain, too far south dry/scraps, it's quarantine, don't want boring HP/mild

needs to track somewhere along line of Worcester to Northampton, mnot along the channel or the M4

bit like this!

archives-1996-11-19-0-0.pngarchives-1996-11-19-12-0.pngarchives-1996-11-20-0-0.png

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1