Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Getting extremely marginal now in terms of temps snd dpts. Fear it might turn to rain soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Still -1C here, a little snizzle falling, packing up now wait 'till morning, may still be white or wet, who knows. 

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing now in North Staffs. ST7 area. I know Matt said he had snow, but certainly nothing other than a slight dusting in Newcastle, Chess, Kidsgrove. Yeah it's not stopped but more like sleet all night than snow. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Really? Dp here is minus 1.6 

We should be ok just but on about surrounding areas whish are lower asl. Look at the North of us definitely potential there. Do you think the band will make it this far South.

Posted
Just now, snowangel32 said:

We should be ok just but on about surrounding areas whish are lower asl. Look at the North of us definitely potential there. Do you think the band will make it this far South.

Honestly  I don't    think it will fizzle out  north of us   hopefully im wrong     eitherway  been a decent spell 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Had a thin covering of snow tonight from very small flakes. Maybe 1 cm at the most.

Thursday was an ice day! (I use calendar days.) Max was -0.6 °C. It's now a whole tenth warmer than that!

I don't expect anything better than sleet from any showers tonight as I suspect it'll be the wrong side of marginal here with only 90m altitude.

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Honestly  I don't    think it will fizzle out  north of us   hopefully im wrong     eitherway  been a decent spell 

Frustrating every time it gets heavy it lasts minutes before we are back to the light rubbish. But yh I like you I think it will decay but we shall see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I'm 7 miles east of Stratford upon Avon low ground and I'm doing pretty well so I don't think we should be that concerned 

IMG_20210108_001436.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

I'm 7 miles east of Stratford upon Avon low ground and I'm doing pretty well so I don't think we should be that concerned 

IMG_20210108_001436.jpg

Yh thats great news I love Stratford such a beautiful place. Cant wait to go Wellesbourne again lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
2 hours ago, sheikhy said:

Oops thought i did!!!!im in leicester!

No, what I mean is you click on your profile, go to profile information and add it there. Then everyone (unless they’re viewing on a mobile) can see where your ‘home’ location is. I get the feeling maybe you’re viewing on a mobile and you don’t realise this...?

2813DEF7-205C-4787-AD1C-23F42DA4FD11.jpeg

Edited by fizz511

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Those of you that have seen snow in the past week, think of us poor sods that haven't seen a flake! Still not seen snow here in Northampton Such a bad place for snow. Since I moved here a year ago, I've seen snow on one day. Sugar dusting that melted by lunchtime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

Those of you that have seen snow in the past week, think of us poor sods that haven't seen a flake! Still not seen snow here in Northampton Such a bad place for snow. Since I moved here a year ago, I've seen snow on one day. Sugar dusting that melted by lunchtime

It’s you Andy.

You’ve taken the Leicester snow shield with you... ?‍♀️

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, fizz511 said:

It’s you Andy.

You’ve taken the Leicester snow shield with you... ?‍♀️

It's soul destroying, Fizzychops

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

After 7 hours of on and off snow there's about a cm or two at most here.   It's been lovely to see though.  

Posted

Other than the caster sugar dusting earlier there's been nothing in my neck of the woods since.  Got my fingers crossed for that giant mass heading south to intensify as currently the Pennines are eating it leaving a snow shadow on the west side. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

More sleety it feels but there is a good cm covering and its powdery in nature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wow in Northampton on nights seen my first few light snow flakes. First few of the cold spell 

Posted

Stopped here now. Next batch from the North should be here in a few hours. Good luck evreone.

Posted
18 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

Wow in Northampton on nights seen my first few light snow flakes. First few of the cold spell 

What?! Where?! I'm in Upton and i've seen more flakes in my fish tank to be honest. 

Posted
default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Shawbury last 24 hours weather including temperature, wind, visibility, humidity and atmospheric pressure

1-2C with light rain, drizzle and mist for hours and hours on end, even after how cold it was last night, even with the wind direction changing from SW-SE-N-NNW, when even the lightest stuff is falling as snow at lower elevations 40-50 miles away, with lower temps and dewpoints there in the same air mass. This is what Shropshire gets, its nowhere near the coast either. What on earth can it be that makes this sort of thing happen so often?

Posted

Just woke up to get ready for another shift out on the iron road.

I see we’ve had a dusting of snow while I’ve been asleep. Could have parked down my road after all!

Looking at what’s going on, it might be I have more difficulty getting home at lunch time than driving in now.

I’m on standby at work today, so could be sent anywhere! So bear with me if my observations seem inconsistent today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, andy_leics22 said:

What?! Where?! I'm in Upton and i've seen more flakes in my fish tank to be honest. 

Brackmills was for about 5 minutes and stopped lol