Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well the met office have coventry down for 12hrs of snow showers tomorrow and the beeb are forecasting nothing at all on monday. One thing I'm certain of if some places get stuck under the streamers they will hit the jack pot!. I think Derby Nottingham Leicester right upto cov will do very well tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
3 minutes ago, kev238 said:

Well the BBC forecast graphics showed it looking potentially very snowy tomorrow though it was quite clear these are streams of showers so some areas will be lucky whilst others much luckier 

Juicy looking and it’s starts over night❄️❄️❄️ I’m working not far from the brown hills tomorrow morning so travelling there could be interesting ⛷

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
54 minutes ago, Gustywind said:

Tomorrow looks amazing on Beeb forecast this morning, snow on & off all day starting in the early hours & affecting pretty much the whole region!

I watched breakfast this morning and we had streamers upon streamers, looked intense then she said we will have as much if not more from the showers over night into tomoz than what we would see in the  southeast today. That made me very excited like a pathetic 9 year old little girl 

• Like 5

Posted

Doesn’t look like the completely dry non-event away from the south east that some were proclaiming I was always confident snow showers would be far more widespread and frequent than the models and apps were showing, even if my location sees little or nothing. 

DBBDFA37-BFC3-4831-85DC-083966F615D3.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Reminds me a bit of Feb 05 easterly spell, but with lower 850 temps & a couple of weeks earlier in the core of winter. We had a fair bit of snow during that period here but not much settled due to temps, if we get same amount of falling snow as we had that week, could be looking at a lot more than expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Chasing Snow
6 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Doesn’t look like the completely dry non-event away from the south east that some were proclaiming I was always confident snow showers would be far more widespread and frequent than the models and apps were showing, even if my location sees little or nothing. 

Its more or less a similar graphic from around 10pm Sunday to most of monday with streamers cutting through the region. The best part was "Significant pile up of snow"

❄❄??

Edited by WorldExplore
Typo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it
9 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Incorrect Matt. We have been categorically told on this forum that this will be all totally "cack" this week. Indeed many have (sulkily) said they "can't see what the fuss is all about".

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

It’s going to really get going this evening and overnight for the Midlands, the local lampposts are in for a lot of attention over the next few nights I feel

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Showers starting to drift further south & inland - not here though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder and lightning!!!

Just took the dog out and it’s trying in Ripley, Derbyshire very tiny flakes, wind is bitter

• Like 2

Posted

Radar Looks a beauty already. Primed for ongoing convection, with reports of sticking snow from Lincoln.

Posted

22:00 to 6:00 overnight/snowfall regarding this mornings BBC graphics 

Not many times we see graphics like them

3516C3C6-6534-4BBA-8E08-4C5C1977487E.thumb.jpeg.7d1208ddabef7a20a23d5afcae6b40d9.jpeg

CAC2B1D8-BBA9-4094-A69E-AE8E2E7BF8C5.thumb.jpeg.9488ffa72af0702997ae1af6b1709ee0.jpeg

E00BBAC9-BD86-47BE-98B5-73995AC4FD6E.thumb.jpeg.5efe76f99a05ccdade5f721d0ae58769.jpeg

128C3615-75D3-4FAA-9113-047192323E86.thumb.jpeg.c0a8927b102df1e4ad3b70de5db3a794.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

3516C3C6-6534-4BBA-8E08-4C5C1977487E.thumb.jpeg.7d1208ddabef7a20a23d5afcae6b40d9.jpeg

CAC2B1D8-BBA9-4094-A69E-AE8E2E7BF8C5.thumb.jpeg.9488ffa72af0702997ae1af6b1709ee0.jpeg

E00BBAC9-BD86-47BE-98B5-73995AC4FD6E.thumb.jpeg.5efe76f99a05ccdade5f721d0ae58769.jpeg

128C3615-75D3-4FAA-9113-047192323E86.thumb.jpeg.c0a8927b102df1e4ad3b70de5db3a794.jpeg

Im guessing there is a possibility that the warnings could be updated at some point today for more of the Mids region in regards to westward extent and amounts.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Sleet30031972 said:

Incorrect Matt. We have been categorically told on this forum that this will be all totally "cack" this week. Indeed many have (sulkily) said they "can't see what the fuss is all about".

Have to admit though, I am surprised just how quickly it’s developing. I thought the region would see nothing until Monday!

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, WorldExplore said:

Im guessing there is a possibility that the warnings could be updated at some point today for more of the Mids region in regards to westward extent and amounts.

Yes to RED  

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

Yes to RED  

Red warning for the Peak District.

Red warning of boredom for everything west of the Peak District

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Red warning for the Peak District.

Red warning of boredom for everything west of the Peak District

Not to worry Matt 

We’ll let the SE have there fun today with there Amber warning

Because for us as SIr Capt Tom would say,

“Tomorrow’s going to be a good day”  

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Seriously that is as good as it gets for me!!!!all night snow!!all day snow!!!if its the powder type which it should be then there could be significant drifts!!

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Not to worry Matt 

We’ll let the SE have there fun today with there Amber warning

Because for us as SIr Capt Tom would say,

“Tomorrow’s going to be a good day”  

Really not holding up much hope for here but most of you guys should have a good event! 

I’ll try to enjoy this event anyway whilst trying not to moan too much about how much I hate the Peak District (I don’t really). At least it’s better than mild, wet drivel no matter what happens! I enjoy predicting and watching an event if I get peed off if I miss out myself

Edited by MattStoke
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

Seriously that is as good as it gets for me!!!!all night snow!!all day snow!!!if its the powder type which it should be then there could be significant drifts!!

I know it’s a bugger isn’t it , we can’t make igloos with powdery snow

Posted

Looking West from Northampton and there's some massive dark grey clouds overhead, nothing on radar though which is odd! Maybe some surprise snow on the way?

Posted

Light powdery snow falling here this morning, light showers feeding in.

Little warm up for tomorrow. Feel the E Mids especially, but perhaps more widely, that we're in good shape.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

light flurries at best today, wet the ground before proper cold air arrives around 8pm, Mon to Wed the best

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Yep snowing in Denby too.Tiny flakes but nice too see.

• Like 1