Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
Just now, sheikhy said:

Is that for the widely for the region or just the west mids?!!

Widely.    most of the 6z are  further norther than the euro4 0z  which looks very similar to the met warnings for saturday   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

I don't think people should get hung up on exactly where it will/won't snow, how much etc. As this winter has already shown, streamers/showers can pop up anywhere at very short notice. The fact that the models are already showing areas of snow around the region in to next week shows the potential. Things will keep chopping and changing from run to run but I am pretty sure most areas will see some snow at some point. Keep the faith, it's SNOWTIME!

image.thumb.png.19648f7ddaa00d11f64d64f2fef20e8d.pngimage.thumb.png.7f006b1e0cf7ec271317b1f9271c5073.pngimage.thumb.png.0c023db7e6dc3fa81958ae10fa1c1d86.pngimage.thumb.png.04a1d1bdca799196dbf876af84682c95.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
1 hour ago, Adzyy said:

We have gone from non stop snow from 9pm tonight through to Monday evening to absolutely no snow symbols all week! 

I think it will just be a case of seeing what falls from the sky if anything. Hoping the risk returns but not getting my hopes up for anything now.

Well that just wouldn't have been right , the cold air isn't digging in until Saturday evening , not sure I have seen any chart that shows snow for your area on Friday night ..............................apps are a complete waste of time 

Posted

Good job Saturday night looks good, because Mer Office not seeing anything else happening for most of the Midlands.

Posted

To point out how useless the apps are. the BBC app has gone from showing continuous snow between 11pm Saturday - Monday afternoon in Notts, to no snow at all. Yet the warnings remain in place between Sunday and Tuesday. This will no doubt change again later this evening!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
Just now, Snowy L said:

Good job Saturday night looks good, because Mer Office not seeing anything else happening for most of the Midlands.

Impossible to tell ,M Taylor on the BEEB has said " we will firm up nearer the time on amounts and locations "

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ninman said:

To point out how useless the apps are. the BBC app has gone from showing continuous snow between 11pm Saturday - Monday afternoon in Notts, to no snow at all. Yet the warnings remain in place between Sunday and Tuesday. This will no doubt change again later this evening!

Yet 10 miles East...

Too early to pin down where/when the white stuff will fall.

Screenshot_20210205-113407.jpg

Posted

You do get the feeling the snow in our region is beginning to get get slightly watered down, its gone from being a potential great spell to not a lot and maybe some showers. At the moment it looks cold and grey from Sunday to Wednesday and pretty dry. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
33 minutes ago, Gord said:

Who remembers Sunday 20th January 2013?

The southeast had snow warnings (we had already had a large fall on the Friday before). The southeast got their snow, but the precipitation managed to stretch out like a finger towards us and we were issued a very last minute warning. 20cm was the total here after that one. After the mudfest of early January, that was such a great winter. The following March was even better.

So even though our warnings have been dropped this far west, you just never know. And like others have said, there are always showers/streamers etc. February 2nd 2009 is the best example here of that.

I think there's also a real chance we'll get nothing. But if that happens, look on the bright side. It'll be dry and that would actually be quite welcome right now.

Aye I do, but didn't get that much, loads had already fallen 2 days earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny dry winters, long summer nights.
29 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Arome is good also for  saturday.  8-9 hours of snow  shown across the region     not a bad set of 6zs

NNM 2k  also

image.thumb.png.884baa7a9e783632a6572bda237df648.png

Hi there first post so be gentle, when you say across  the region and many other posts on this thread seem to all be about west and central midlands am I in the right thread for Lincolnshire?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
1 minute ago, Salem said:

Hi there first post so be gentle, when you say across  the region and many other posts on this thread seem to all be about west and central midlands am I in the right thread for Lincolnshire?

Hello Salem! Welcome, you are more than welcome to post on this thread if you wish. However, the Yorkshire and East England thread may suit you better as there are other people from Lincolnshire who post in that thread:)

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Salem said:

Hi   funny one this    as you are classed as midlands    but for weather purposes perhaps  yorkshire  thread or east of england   may be better 

Edit   Apple got there first 

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met was showing no snow for here. Then they remove the warnings but add 9 hours of snow lol. Just shows how up in the air it is. Main front we deffo missed it but showers and streamers will be all over the place for days so still hope for whoever cops one or two.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Malarky said:

Yet 10 miles East...

Too early to pin down where/when the white stuff will fall.

Screenshot_20210205-113407.jpg

Exactly, when it comes to shower activity it is impossible to pin point where they will be at this time scale. I remember years ago (maybe 2012?) Where Notts was expected to get 5-10cm from an event and we got nothing, yet Mansfield and Leicester (North and south) got lucky.  All part of the fun of weather watching though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Think I might just watch this on repeat next week.

744450B8-6DE6-4EF7-B267-470566972BBC.jpeg

Be funny to see snow lovers reaction if this was reality. Imagine the MOD thread looking for a breakdown lol. As we are buried in snow it would be damm by next Sunday it will be -10 lol.

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

Any update on euro4??!

Not  perfect  but much better   saturday front  further north  than previous run   covers parts of the region      much better than last run

• Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye I do, but didn't get that much, loads had already fallen 2 days earlier

The 20cm was a combination of the Friday and the Sunday, should have made that clear.

It really did stretch towards us like a finger from the southeast that Sunday. Completely unexpected. It was an additional 6 or 7cm of snow here. But yes, the largest amount had already fallen on the Friday.

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Not  perfect  but much better   saturday front  further north  than previous run   covers parts of the region      much better than last run

Maybe all is not lost with the band of snow then!!!thought it would continue southwards but seems to be pushing northwards again lol!!story of this winter so far!!

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

Maybe all is not lost with the band of snow then!!!thought it would continue southwards but seems to be pushing northwards again lol!!story of this winter so far!!

Euro 4  from its last run  delayed the low  and a big push north  on its 6z run   Stoke  prime location in the region on that run

image.thumb.png.111f16a0ef567abfdab27dcfc997977b.png

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Euro 4  from its last run  delayed the low  and a big push north  on its 6z run   Stoke  prime location in the region on that run

Hmm 5cms across central midlands!!presumably from the band of snow i imagine?!!or is that a streamer setting up?

Posted
20 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Hardly anything in the south east!!whats going on there?!