Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted

Loving the Mod Thread this afternoon  as the SE gang have panic attacks about the warm sector showing for the far SE. It's only one run and they will be fine for snow but funny to see the change in their posts. Maybe my post about Karma might actually happen lol. 

• Like 4

Posted

just been in the SE/MOD thread I see the Mods are still blind to the absolute lemon that is posted in it. endless imby crap it laughable. it could be the coldest winter ever recorded north of London and it would be classed as rubbish because it didn't happen in the weeble of the UK. this site has really gone to lemon this year in the main threads. used to be do informative now its like the chimp enclosure at the zoo. shame

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
8 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

Loving the Mod Thread this afternoon  as the SE gang have panic attacks about the warm sector showing for the far SE. It's only one run and they will be fine for snow but funny to see the change in their posts. Maybe my post about Karma might actually happen lol. 

That thread is an absolute joke. Sorry but i been through 2 pages and can't make out what the hell is going to happen next week just loads of post about rain or snow in the SE

• Like 4

Posted

At least if something does wander off course towards us, it'll definitely be snow.

Sunday 24th January was such a nice position to be in when precipitation and marginality were neither a problem. I think East Anglians are the only ones who can hold that kind of confidence heading into this weekend at the moment.

For the southeast, mild sectors might ruin things a little...and for the rest of us, the amount of precipitation is the issue.

But if the radar does show anything heading to us, at least we know it will be snow. It's a nice position to be in.

And if nothing happens...then guess what?

Yes...DRY WEATHER AT LAST!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted

Talk that is moved 100 miles north ? Surely that’s a good thing for Midlands / South Yorkshire regards snow ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
2 minutes ago, tyson99 said:

Talk that is moved 100 miles north ? Surely that’s a good thing for Midlands / South Yorkshire regards snow ?

Yes, probably. As far as I understand it anyway. The latest GFS is apparently an outlier, neither UKMO or ECM agree with it, nor do the others. So it's either an outlier or ahead of the curve. 

Personally - and I mean no offence to anyone on this website - but I tend to just trust the Met Office. There have been times they are wrong but more often than not they provide a more accurate forecast than you will find on here (and so they should). MetO have us down for snow in this region and the UKMO still looks great. So i'm remaining hopeful.

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, tyson99 said:

Yup a much higher chance of snow for you if we go according to gfs for sunday!!its pushed everything further north and west!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Yup a much higher chance of snow for you if we go according to gfs for sunday!!its pushed everything further north and west!!

How’s Derbyshire looking sheikhy ? Has it moved further south as all I can see in the model output is south this and south east that ??‍♀️

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

bbc tv didn't look promising, was all south/east, probably based on 00Z EC, she did say uncertainty though and likely to change

Posted
3 minutes ago, Georgina said:

How’s Derbyshire looking sheikhy ? Has it moved further south as all I can see in the model output is south this and south east that ??‍♀️

Yeh even if you dont get the band of snow from the south the potential is there for streamers of the north sea!!

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

bbc tv didn't look promising, was all south/east, probably based on 00Z EC, she did say uncertainty though and likely to change

Yeh  i think it will be further south than what the gfs is showing mate!!!its okay though that means colder 850s and hopefully snow showers!!

Posted

Does anyone else find it hard to follow the MOD chat? I'm new and learning but if its bad for them in the S/E they say the models are rubbish. Why don't the moderator's say anything about it being biased surely there chat should go into the regional one? 

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, AltonMatthew said:

Well I don’t think this post was appreciated in the main thread it got deleted. Fair enough I suppose but I do think I have a point lol

1E5EEC62-E406-435B-8A6E-6D148160A5A0.png

Thank for trying I have just commented saying I'm finding it very confusing as its a biased chat 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, AltonMatthew said:

Well I don’t think this post was appreciated in the main thread it got deleted. Fair enough I suppose but I do think I have a point lol

1E5EEC62-E406-435B-8A6E-6D148160A5A0.png

Probably taken off cos it sounds like your admin judging from that post??‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted

Fully expect snow showers to develop far more widely and frequently than any model will show. They always do in this setup. East Midlands should do well, particularly but not only where streamers set up. More patchy further west. There is though still the chance of some longer spells of snow for a time Saturday night/Sunday morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow storms any severe weather
13 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Probably taken off cos it sounds like your admin judging from that post??‍♂️

How’s Leicester looking sheikhy

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sully79 said:

How’s Leicester looking sheikhy

As of now!!!!leicester 20cms of snow and non stop snow from saturday night all the way to monday according to gfs!!but am pretty sure the ecm will have something to say about that!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow storms any severe weather
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

As of now!!!!leicester 20cms of snow and non stop snow from saturday night all the way to monday according to gfs!!but am pretty sure the ecm will have something to say about that!

Oh ya fighter that’s quite a lot I’m hoping this happens il be as happy as a pig in Pooh Il ask you again tomorrow for an updated if that’s ok 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Love your enthusiasm sheikhy, I'd fall off my chair if we got 20cm 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
48 minutes ago, Loopyloz said:

Does anyone else find it hard to follow the MOD chat? I'm new and learning but if its bad for them in the S/E they say the models are rubbish. Why don't the moderator's say anything about it being biased surely there chat should go into the regional one? 

Maybe most of the mods in there are also based in the South East I used to visit the model thread regularly back in the day (pre 2011) but I usually just stick to the regional discussions now. I feel like we're all mates in here anyway! We pretty much all get along and we've been seeing the same members in here for years. Good to see familiar faces return each Winter

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
5 minutes ago, Sully79 said:

Oh ya fighter that’s quite a lot I’m hoping this happens il be as happy as a pig in Pooh Il ask you again tomorrow for an updated if that’s ok 

I hope Leicester gets plastered! I may have moved away 8 years ago but it'll always have a special place in my heart. I'm Leicester born and bred! I hope to move back there at some point, but that will depend on work.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Don’t hurt yourself

32DFD9B0-E574-40D7-917E-BB68CDADAC61.png

Should get further inland than that? no high ground in the way