Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
4 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Nope... 

Is a trailing cold front moving towards the SE.

It was forecast to decay as it moved southwards, but is now believed to develop a small low over NW Midlands as a kink.

we will see,

MIA

Can you elaborate on this,, where did you get this info 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
1 minute ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

So it's building northeast rapidly folks and pretty sure it be snow, and looks tasty, but I'm needing to find info on it 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

I think MIA is talking about Thursday/Friday’s snow risk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
8 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

So it's building northeast rapidly folks and pretty sure it be snow, and looks tasty, but I'm needing to find info on it 

Hi mate I live in stevenage under the streamer and can confirm it is sleety this far south so if it moves north you could well be in luck. Wasn't expecting this to be as far north but confined to the far SE.

Edited by Frostbite1980
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Lad go and have a lie down, you seem to be getting very obsessed over a few rouge bits of sleety stuff. Time for a nap my old muka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
Just now, Frostbite1980 said:

Hi mate I live in stevenage under the streamer and can confirm it is sleety this far south so if it moves north you could well be in luck. Wasn't expecting this to be as far north but confined to the far SE.

Will see if it moves north enough south midlands may be in luck.

Posted
Just now, markw2680 said:

Lad go and have a lie down, you seem to be getting very obsessed over a few rouge bits of sleety stuff. Time for a nap my old muka

I'm completly booze free, sleeping well, and go too much energy lol, cheers for them beers I nicked out your fridge new year my old mucka 

Posted

Wakey, wakey guys I'm not imaging this, look at the development in last 2 frames 

Screenshot_20210105_224553_de.mdiener.rain.usa.jpg

Screenshot_20210105_224549_de.mdiener.rain.usa.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Just out of interest I'm moving to Lincolnshire at the end of Jan so does that fall under this region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Wakey, wakey guys I'm not imaging this, look at the development in last 2 frames 

We shall see but I’d be very very surprised if we get anything from this, more chance of me running up and down the street in my mrs thong 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Show it going twards my house as snow and I will haha..

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

We shall see but I’d be very very surprised if we get anything from this, more chance of me running up and down the street in my mrs thong 

Mark the neighbours have already saw you doing that last wk smashed so please not again lad the policewoman has had to have therepy over that hairy ass

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, sheikhy said:

Is this band of precipitation forecasted on any of the models!!

Only on shauns magical radar

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

Is this band of precipitation forecasted on any of the models!!

No that's my whole point

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
7 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

It is developing but it's moving South West as it does. Skirting the far South Midlands. Looks like we're even too far North here, in Northampton. It's missing us to the South by about 20 miles.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

It is developing but it's moving South West as it does. Skirting the far South Midlands. Looks like we're even too far North here, in Northampton. It's missing us to the South by about 20 miles.

Yeah that's what I think not going to watch the lamppost for this tonight. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Yes maybe but its developed out of nothing, it developed in land, only a thin streamer out to sea and its stil developing, even if not I find it interesting, none of this was forecast and if somewhere gets some snow like Oxford for example then it's a massive fail by the models and particularly embarrassing for the corporate organisations out there 

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Yes maybe but its developed out of nothing, it developed in land, only a thin streamer out to sea and its stil developing, even if not I find it interesting, none of this was forecast and if somewhere gets some snow like Oxford for example then it's a massive fail by the models and particularly embarrassing for the corporate organisations out there 

Would be my luck of it snowed in Oxfordshire I grew up there and it never damn snowed.

Posted

Look at this, last frame, it's developed out of nothing and still showing rapid developments.. 

Screenshot_20210105_230459_de.mdiener.rain.usa.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

Would be my luck of it snowed in Oxfordshire I grew up there and it never damn snowed.

It's got Oxfordshire written all over it 

Posted
Just now, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Look at this, last frame, it's developed out of nothing and still showing rapid developments.. 

Screenshot_20210105_230459_de.mdiener.rain.usa.jpg

Hopefully the models have got everything wrong and we get put in the freezer with a snowy bfte

• Like 1

Posted

I personally think the models so far have undercooked that low pressure that’s edging towards us from the east later this week, it seems to just stop as that weak front drops down from the north. Maybe nothing but could be worth keeping an eye on as that would change the whole outlook for this milder spell if you ask me 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
2 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

True. There is more PPN in that than I expected there would be. Just wish it was 50 miles further North, then we'd all be in the firing line

The ARPEGE model has a streamer developing for the early hours but it's not the best! We MAY get a dusting in Northampton from it but i'm not holding my breath. Plus, i'll be in bed so i'll bloody miss it

ARPOPUK18_15_4.png