Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
12 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Just looked at some met office graphics on Twitter which they put on 5 minutes ago and didnt even reach Brum the line of snow. Hopeless! 

I just can't see it being that far south and west based on the radar returns. Think we'll get a much better idea by about midnight. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat
31 minutes ago, Klippieboo10 said:

That escalated quickly!!

9C78272B-1BB5-42B4-B59E-BCA1C485BA9C.png

That'll be just my luck, I thought it would be a fizzle for sure so I've left the big Tesco shop for tomorrow morning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, especially heavy snow.
30 minutes ago, Eskimo said:

Okay, so...the direction and exit point of the trough hasn't really changed much in the output, the differences in precipitation boundaries are to down to circulation. If we take the direction of the trough and combine the northern limit of the precipitation in Ireland across and down through England, you get something like below - quite similar to recent output to be honest. The northern limit would be somewhere around Stoke. However, the heaviest falls would be across through the West Midlands and down into the Home counties. 

The southern limit would be the black line as the precipitation is above the circulation. There won't be issues with marginality for the vast majority of us so where the front stalls, pivots and slowly sinks south, I can see some significant snow falling. 

This technique worked a few weeks ago when Wales got hit by quite a bit of snow, however...I am in no way saying this will work again!

image.thumb.png.6e535c12eb4aa78050aff84fcf968e73.png

works for me.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Battleground Snow said:

Latest icon is fantastic for us... Has the pivot over midlands. Could be between 6-8 hours of moderate Snowfall... 

Its gona go further north!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
15 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Confirmed it is much further north than forecast!!!

Screenshot_20210123-203928_Chrome.jpg

depends on how it travels, direct East it's game on, but it may track ESE

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

ICON 18z.

iconeu_uk1-1-19-0_erm9.png

As a word of caution the 9pm icon output doesn't match the current radar that accurately. So who knows. Albeit thats more in terms of how far east it is currently so it could still end up roughly same position tomorrow just a bit sooner. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

ICON 18z.

iconeu_uk1-1-19-0_erm9.png

As a word of caution the 9pm icon output doesn't match the current radar that accurately. So who knows. Albeit thats more in terms of how far east it is currently so it could still end up roughly same position tomorrow just a bit sooner. 

inCollage_20210123_210013345.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MKN said:

Mate when you look at that you worry we might be top far west!!!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, MKN said:

I'd say that it being further east is probably better for you guys up there.

Would suggest a better chance that the pivot zone will be further north than some of the other models have been suggesting which are further west and develop the low further SW as well as a consequence.

As a tip, watch the pressure falls over Ireland in the next few hours, that will give a good steer as to what model suite has the best grip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

I'd say that it being further east is probably better for you guys up there.

Would suggest a better chance that the pivot zone will be further north than some of the other models have been suggesting which are further west and develop the low further SW as well as a consequence.

As a tip, watch the pressure falls over Ireland in the next few hours, that will give a good steer as to what model suite has the best grip.

Kold weather this is looking really good for the midlands now!!!its further east than any of the models forecasted!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, MKN said:

Is it my imagination or does this think look skinny? looks like on that it'll sweep through in 30 minutes

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Is it my imagination or does this think look skinny? looks like on that it'll sweep through in 30 minutes

If you look at my pic the icon would suggest the bulk is not showing on radar right now as its to the west of northern ireland currently 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers
3 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I wonder if it can get far enough north to hit here.

Would be great if it did.Lots of falling snow today,but didn't settle for long.Fingers crossed for later tonight\tomorrow.

Posted
8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Its not expected to be too thick, hence why most forecasts are going for 5-10cms at most, rather than 20-30cms that you could see in a large thick pivoting band.

• Like 2