Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
6 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Gfs looks fantastic for the midlands tomorrow night into monday!!

Better once again with winds coming from a more north east direction monday. Not showing huge amounts of precip but i think its underplaying it a touch. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Snapshot of the sat ....this was that lovely wall to wall sunny skies I had here, the clear gap, timing couldn’t of been any better ..the park was-me

All filled in now....ready and waiting for ❄️❄️❄️Later

31C976B4-12BA-4D70-B3BF-923C02E070D0.thumb.png.9c791c79f9667ea59256b406962a252f.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted

Full on Big snowy flakes, Party time!  

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

Rain here . Just shows the difference you can get, Talke is prob about 7miles Northwest from the Hospital and about 12miles from Matt in Longton lol

With it's height, I would have expected Talke to be getting snow. Must be over 700ft?

Posted

Nice whilst it lasted. 

Hopefully just a teaser of what to expect in the days ahead. ❄️?️

Edited by ISAAC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Dry here as expected, but at least the sky's cleared a bit. Lots of cloud still in the west though, so no late sunshine. Temp down to 2.5 °C now.

Posted

First radar snapshot, with the 850hpa overlay, not sure what the temps are though, still all new to me with this v8 regarding using it

11DE6EA5-E595-44A7-B5EF-12790C300D9E.thumb.png.725806af2925d8fb7fc81afcea3ff518.png 

Posted

Seems to be 'pulsing' in little bursts.  Big enough to stick around on the grass for a bit (long enough for it to build up if there was more intensity to it).  Layer of icy slush on the car roof's/bonnets too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Just going to clean out the chickens and top up feed. Sky gone a funny orange colour.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Storme said:

Just going to clean out the chickens and top up feed. Sky gone a funny orange colour.

Memorial times, before all this online tech came along, best sign going

• Like 1

Posted

Whatever happens with the rest of this cold spell, I can still say I’ve seen snowfall from every Midlands event so far this winter, and at one point I was thinking I might not see a single flake from this one.

By the way, if this afternoon’s model updates so far are correct, we’ll all be riding polar bears and skating on the oceans before winter is out.

• Like 5

Posted
24 minutes ago, davehsug said:

With it's height, I would have expected Talke to be getting snow. Must be over 700ft?

Yeah we norm do quite well mate, but possibly a little too far West. Just gone to get stuff ready for work, and def feels colder now. 

Working all night so I'll soon get to see the difference around Stoke, Castle, depending who wants a taxi lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Whatever happens with the rest of this cold spell, I can still say I’ve seen snowfall from every Midlands event so far this winter, and at one point I was thinking I might not see a single flake from this one.

By the way, if this afternoon’s model updates so far are correct, we’ll all be riding polar bears and skating on the oceans before winter is out.

This is what needs to happen! 

Screenshot_20210206-164811_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-164836_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-164854_Twitter.jpg

• Like 3