Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
Just now, davehsug said:

Has anyone else noticed that the rain is already turning to sleet & snow over the hills in Mid & North Wales?

Yup due to lower 850s from the wrap around incoming from the north west!!nothing to do with the beast that is  about to be unleashed from the east!!!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, sheikhy said:

Yup due to lower 850s from the wrap around incoming from the north west!!nothing to do with the beast that is  about to be unleashed from the east!!!

I'm well aware of that, it's just that this was not supposed to begin until tomorrow.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Absolutely becca, it’s only Friday evening, set ups like this in the past have shown surprises incoming at very short notices....great times

Fingers crossed for mega snow and an easy decision not to travel!! 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Yup!!from sunday we have ice days all the way into next weekend!!

Fun times! Long time lurker deciding with all this excitement to step out the shadows

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

At least the ground will be dry and rock solid as it's so wet and muddy right now with a dog. Will take a few days of rock hard ground and maybe a flurry of snow

Posted

Just taken a look at the gfs and once again its just a constant stream of snow into the rutland and leicester area for 48 hours from tomorrow evening all the way into monday night and tuesday!!!

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Any high reso models 18z update @Matt stoke @weirpig?!!

Not really. They only run into Sunday at the moment and it’s not really until Monday that showers and streamers should develop. Annoyingly, the Aperge 18z doesn’t go out as far as other runs. Euro4 might be worth a look when it updates in a bit.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

As someone said earlier, the Midlands is such a large area, a few years ago we had a split with separate West and East Midlands forum, I think that is needed again.

For what it’s worth my thoughts for this weekend.....some snow Saturday night giving a covering Sunday morning, Sunday cold with odd surprise shower. Monday through to Thursday very cold with surprises galore!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

Euro4 and Arome both have a little shower activity developing as early as Sunday but not much at that stage.

A4A6A2E9-F7F8-4345-91DC-49FDA49B36E4.jpeg

E4744901-2A8C-4298-915C-52A36D21976C.jpeg

Euro4 a shocker for sunday!arome a bit better but both completely at odds with the gfs!!~whose gona be right

Posted
14 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

As someone said earlier, the Midlands is such a large area, a few years ago we had a split with separate West and East Midlands forum, I think that is needed again.

For what it’s worth my thoughts for this weekend.....some snow Saturday night giving a covering Sunday morning, Sunday cold with odd surprise shower. Monday through to Thursday very cold with surprises galore!!

Totally agree with splitting up the region mate. We need a North West Mids, a North East Mids, a South West mids and a South East mids

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, biting winds, frigid temperatures and thunderstorms
5 hours ago, Vmistry said:

Throwback to the 2018 BFTE when Leicestershire was in this triangle of no warnings

1D74E00C-C93E-42B8-A0FD-83F63585041E.png

I remember this! I think we ended up a with small amount of powder snow. I’d take that now tbf! Got a sneaky feeling the snow showers will push further inland than the models are showing ??

Edited by Tim Goffer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
4 minutes ago, Tim Goffer said:

I remember this! I think we ended up a with small amount of powder snow. I’d take that now tbf! Got a sneaky feeling the snow showers will push further inland than the models are showing ??

I am up the road from you and have this horrible suspicion we will have almost nothing this time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

21z UKV still showing promise for tomorrow evening 

0B789B5F-9498-402C-9608-53EB52B7BEC1.thumb.png.41fc93faf3c99087f0654a496255d352.png8F31CC79-3927-4487-9873-C2EAD1E85259.thumb.png.176498f3a2bfec263cc9cadff4134b9c.png0F8B0213-FCB7-42AD-9816-6E24DA6F1ACE.thumb.png.a22955509d3395caa71bace9dde6a51a.png

How many times do we see uppers at -10 so near

image.thumb.gif.def720b482ec4e951e72f6e59abe53fb.gif

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
37 minutes ago, Storme said:

I am up the road from you and have this horrible suspicion we will have almost nothing this time.

Loughborough is in a decent position (In my opinion). Let's see how much snow you have by Wednesday Certainly in a better position than me right now. Wanna swap for the next 7 days?

Instead of 'Wife swap' maybe we should start a 'snow swap' on this thread? swap locations for a week!

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
2 hours ago, #windysnow# said:

I think that is a good idea for such large area like ours east and west