Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

I’m ok if it’s an easterly or south easterly. A north easterly is generally naff for here.

SE wind useless here, goes up way east of here

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

SE wind useless here, goes up way east of here

I suspect that level of detail you two are just discussing will change a couple of times between now and sunday when things look to get going. Hopefully if anything we see upgrades as we count down to zero now. Having said that ukmo looks about as good as it gets. 

Posted

Key EC coming up, GFS again bringing milder air in on Thurs, hopefully EC won't, and have the low less deep and further south

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, MKN said:

I suspect that level of detail you two are just discussing will change a couple of times between now and sunday when things look to get going. Hopefully if anything we see upgrades as we count down to zero now. Having said that ukmo looks about as good as it gets. 

Absolutely. I’m just thinking of how the hills to my north east eat up any precipitation from that direction in general. Just need some troughs or fronts to overcome that, which unfortunately can’t be modelled accurately until short range, or a more favourable wind direction.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looking like a 4/5 day burst of winter at the moment - judging by the look of the latest chart(s), starting Saturday till Thursday, but, still too far ahead for any pinpoint accuracy.

Posted

Me and Matt need our own Region on here. Lol. Very far North West Midlands / Very far South East Cheshire Region. .

Then us in Cheshire / North Staffs can avoid you lot in the Midlands when you get Snow and we just miss it.

13 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

Me and Matt need our own Region on here. Lol. Very far North West Midlands / Very far South East Cheshire Region. .

Then us in Cheshire / North Staffs can avoid you lot in the Midlands when you get Snow and we just miss it.

can I join this gang lol Alton Staffs here...

Although I am the one stupid enough to be having a summer house delivered on the 12th and the base this weekend! Was hoping get it all up in some spring like weather lmao

not a chance by the looks of it.

Alton usually does well snow wise from Easterly feeds! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, AltonMatthew said:

can I join this gang lol Alton Staffs here...

Although I am the one stupid enough to be having a summer house delivered on the 12th and the base this weekend! Was hoping get it all up in some spring like weather lmao

not a chance by the looks of it.

Alton usually does well snow wise from Easterly feeds! 

No bugger off . My sister lives near the Towers and we haven't spoke since 1998 after she had more Snow than me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

No bugger off . My sister lives near the Towers and we haven't spoke since 1998 after she had more Snow than me

Hahaha oh dear! This winter that’s how I’ve been with my sister over in Meir Heath! They had a tonne of snow at times when we’ve had a smattering lol

mad the difference a few miles can make! 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

you really bordering on NW thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just seen the BBC weather, looks blinding, Northern areas and the Midlands were mentioned as the worst affected areas for heavy snow come Sunday 

10833D6F-7166-42B5-840A-70B091A7C2DF.thumb.jpeg.d1ac5253c17d9c9344779a8a2ca80c8f.jpeg 

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

BBC will change that forecast in the morning because the latest ECM has these fronts further south. The accumulation charts show up nicely the snow shadow up here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
43 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Just seen the BBC weather, looks blinding, Northern areas and the Midlands were mentioned as the worst affected areas for heavy snow come Sunday 

10833D6F-7166-42B5-840A-70B091A7C2DF.thumb.jpeg.d1ac5253c17d9c9344779a8a2ca80c8f.jpeg 

North Midlands? That looks absolutely fantastic for the whole Midlands!!

Posted

Maybe so Matt, but the 12z ECM is showing this for next Monday, if this doesn’t scream out heavy Snow showers what does

image.thumb.png.2aa5f4ea1b822949075a62575f2457f6.png

• Like 1

Posted

cannot ignore it, both models now show it turning milder from the Atlantic on Thurs or Fri, yes still FI so hopefully they will be overdoing the lows

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Maybe so Matt, but the 12z ECM is showing this for next Monday, if this doesn’t scream out heavy Snow showers what does

image.thumb.png.2aa5f4ea1b822949075a62575f2457f6.png

Tbf even the Northwest lot are getting excited, so as Matt is further SE in Stoke than me, he should def get something 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

cannot ignore it, both models now show it turning milder from the Atlantic on Thurs or Fri, yes still FI so hopefully they will be overdoing the lows

“Cannot ignore it”  (((( I CAN )))) sorry but who bloody cares what may happen come the end of next week, deep cold uppers are on the way with the potential for heavy snowfall that us coldies die for and all you can say is “ it’s turning milder”

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

Blimey let's start the cold snap before we start to talk about the breakdown. Some people on here are like doom mongers

hahaha this is so true, i may stay away for a few days and light some candles that we may be blessed sunday and monday with the good stuff 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

Blimey let's start the cold snap before we start to talk about the breakdown. Some people on here are like doom mongers

I’m 1000000000000 % with you on that one

Posted

My triumphant (in my own head at least) return to these forums after a 4 year hiatus. I hope both new and old regulars are keeping well in these exceptional times.

Quick thanks to @Paul for his patience in restoring access to my 16 year old account! All my own fault, I may add.

Look forward to enjoying this thread Sunday onwards. Seems we are on the brink of something quite memorable.

Also, whilst fun to discuss; isn't it refreshing that 72hrs before the commencement of a cold snap we are now more concerned about the longevity of the deep cold; rather than the usual concerns of a marginal setup from day dot!

Lets enjoy the ride.

Edited by Polar Low
  • Like 5

Posted

Keeping my expectations low for this event. Experience has taught me that the marginal, not deeply cold events that deliver little for most, deliver most for my location while, ironically, the more significant events that bring snow to most, bring little here. Stoke’s funny climate!

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Keeping my expectations low for this event. Experience has taught me that the marginal, not deeply cold events that deliver little for most, deliver most for my location while, ironically, the more significant events that bring snow to most, bring little here. Stoke’s funny climate!

Well looks good everywhere, yes we won't do as well as Leeds area, but surely as good snow wise as 28-29 Dec