Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted

The BBC forecast looks unreal for Sunday. 96 hours away, a lot can change though.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunday frankly  could be a memorable event for all of the Midlands.

I tentatively suggest that at least those on the Lincs Border in addition to the North, East and Southeast Mids can start to bank on that one, with a margin for shifts north/south.

Forecast right now though puts the entire Midlands county into play.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

The BBC forecast looks unreal for Sunday. 96 hours away, a lot can change though.

What's it showing mate. Is it the app or the TV forcast. The app shows light snow for most of the day here but I tend not to believe that as it tends to be wrong most of the time lol

Posted
Just now, WelfordRd said:

What's it showing mate. Is it the app or the TV forcast. The app shows light snow for most of the day here but I tend not to believe that as it tends to be wrong most of the time lol

The 1pm BBC news forecast, big band of slow moving snow over the Midlands.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

The 1pm BBC news forecast, big band of slow moving snow over the Midlands.

Thanks for the update just watched the forcast now and it looks great. Massive caveat that it could move about so nice to see but likely to move maybe. Its the hope that kills you in the end lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

OMG, BBC weather is showing an absolutely insane scenario. If this happened, im sure some parts of the Midlands would be close to 50cm of snow between Saturday Night and Late Tuesday, WOW, WOW, WOW.

bbc1.PNG

bbc2.PNG

bbc3.PNG

bbc4.PNG

bbc5.PNG

bbc6.PNG

bbc7.PNG

• Thanks 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

Thanks for the update just watched the forcast now and it looks great. Massive caveat that it could move about so nice to see but likely to move maybe. Its the hope that kills you in the end lol

Where can i watch the replay?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Where can i watch the replay?!!

You can watch it here, but the video forecast doesn't go past Sunday but on the website, you can use the manual map that goes into next week.

og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Latest weather conditions and forecasts for the UK and the world. Includes up to 14-days of hourly forecast information, warnings, maps, and the latest editorial analysis and videos from the BBC Weather Centre.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
10 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

If I lived in the Midlands I'd be excited! Looks like non stop snow for days starting on Saturday! Should be lots of drifting too!

It will be patchy light snow or sleet by the time Sunday comes lol.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

The BBC just copy the latest ECM every time.

DF461A0C-01F4-49B4-8A37-2278A56FA91F.jpeg

A9C90B9A-D854-4EAF-9E23-DF98AC89B5AD.jpeg

That looks to good to be true! Lol I will try and manage my own expectations and think that wont come off lol and then it it does its a bonus 

Posted
1 minute ago, WelfordRd said:

That looks to good to be true! Lol I will try and manage my own expectations and think that wont come off lol and then it it does its a bonus 

Yeh it is and wont happen at the moment!!if it is showing the same friday evening or friday morning then we are talking

Posted

I know we get the odd event of around 3 to 4 inches in Stoke, but would love to see a good event like 1996 or the regular events from the 80s, around here, just to see Matt in here . Plus we have a rescue dog from Romania who is absolutely nuts for Snow lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
4 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

It will be patchy light snow or sleet by the time Sunday comes lol.

Only if your glass is usually half empty. Fortunately mine is always half full. The Power of positive thinking. My area will receive be a memorable fall of snow within the next 7 days.

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

If this easterly sets in correctly   the midlands could well see quite alot of snow.    Low ground and no hills to the east     it should travel quite readily 

As long as it’s not from the north east. Peak District and Staffordshire Moorlands eat up most precipitation from the north east.

• Like 1

Posted

Only just got up after late night at work, interesting that Matt Hugo tweeting the South may miss out as its technically not a full on BFTE. 

I might pay the mod thread a visit

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

As long as it’s not from the north east. Peak District and Staffordshire Moorlands eat up most precipitation from the north east.

Oh yes  more of a flat easterly    be great to see  as usually our weather comes from the west   with the welsh mountains eating up any precipitation 

Posted

I suppose we have to throw the cards up and see what comes down now in terms of snow and who will get what (If any) and how much. I love some people's enthusiasm! I think all the disappointments over the many years has left me with scare tissue. We had 6cm the other day which was nice, but it's been so long since we have several inches and a good dump of snow. We didn't get loads from the BFTE here