Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So, 2 chances again Sat and Sun! GFS though too far S and W for both days, bbc gives me snow all day Sun

Posted

Very nice Met Office outlook. With that and other ongoing development, I think this winter is far from done with us but over the next couple of weeks we might have to put up with more in the way of milder conditions. It often is the case that UK’s coldest and most wintry conditions don’t occur until late winter/early spring anyway.

Posted
42 minutes ago, MKN said:

Icon... 

Screenshot_20210127_094544.jpg

That’s a big jump northward from the ICON.

Far north of the Midlands stays dry. Most of the Midlands sees snow throughout. Far south of the Midlands sees rain to snow.

From a purely selfish position, I’d want it about 10 miles or so further north.

One to watch in any case.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The snowiest periods always come with these marginal events anyway for most of the Midlands, so we'll have to take the muck and gloom between. Intrigued by Sunday again from BBC Weather last night. The irony is bin collections are suspended again on the Monday as they were last week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I'm afraid this time I am rooting strongly for not having snow in these parts, certainly nothing on the scale of last weekend. When my Sainsbury's delivery got cancelled, after quite some effort I managed to grab a new delivery slot for Monday morning. That needs to get though. Missing one week's delivery is annoying, missing two would mean I was running genuinely short on food. I'm afraid that's more important than snow for me, heresy as it is to say that on a weather forum!

Of course, I'm all in favour of lots of snow away from that time, and for everyone out there who hasn't seen much so far! But right here, this weekend into Monday, no. Keep it away!

Posted

It's really quite nice out there, feeling spring like after the last few days. A very pleasant walk.

I hope we get a bit more wintry weather throughout February to spice things up, mixed in with more of these.

Posted

Interesting Sat to Mon period, perhaps need slight southward shift for Sat on GFS

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
3 hours ago, MattStoke said:

It’s miserable here. As it always is when we get mild winter weather. 

Yes, crap day today, as in quarantine I want battles/snow chances, exciting weather, Sunday 24th Jan was one of best days netweatherwise

luckily models are looking interesting, certainly more snow chances from Saturday, although never looks like being true cold, so transient thaws again

Posted

Pic From the mod thread, haven’t really been interested in this weekend but looking half decent

9D5AA2CF-14EC-4D73-866D-9DF9CCD5302B.png

Posted

Ecm... Still considerable differences regarding this though between the various models. 

Screenshot_20210127_181828.jpg

Posted
Just now, tom_f123 said:

Couldn’t get this lucky again could we?

2862954B-899E-401E-80FE-55DB19002DD5.jpeg

As always not full model agreement, many ups and downs like last Sunday, Sat midday it looked off with the snow in the channel, suddenly massive upgrade right over Midlands

chances this Sunday much lower than Sat

Posted

Possibilities later on in the run aswell. Not quite imo on this one but plenty of scope for that to change. 

Screenshot_20210127_184915.jpg

Edited by MKN

Posted
12 minutes ago, MKN said:

Possibilities later on in the run aswell. Not quite imo on this one but plenty of scope for that to change. 

Screenshot_20210127_184915.jpg

I think February will throw up many more chances! Lows disrupting/sliding over the U.K. Cold air to the north, mild air to the south, and snow near the boundary between the 2 which should often be in the Midlands.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

EDITED......12z ECM That’s looks an easy 15cm-plus for Saturday, 6am to 12pm ..

Sorry I know you guys have posted these before me, but these precipitation charts are a thing of beauty.....I just couldn’t help myself

What could possibly go WRONG

image.thumb.jpeg.fd05e3ff3c6771dfb0c5715f7fe33fd0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.af5bba42eea48ab5750a2baff8aa7091.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9893b923c84978c3ad89bbd7002365a7.jpeg

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

12z ECM That’s looks an easy 15cm-plus for next Weds 6am to 12pm

sorry I know you guys have posted these before me, but these precipitation charts are a thing of beauty.....I just couldn’t help myself

image.thumb.jpeg.fd05e3ff3c6771dfb0c5715f7fe33fd0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.af5bba42eea48ab5750a2baff8aa7091.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9893b923c84978c3ad89bbd7002365a7.jpeg

Next Wed? these for Saturday, a long way off though in snow terms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, Dancerwithwings said:

12z ECM That’s looks an easy 15cm-plus for next Weds 6am to 12pm

sorry I know you guys have posted these before me, but these precipitation charts are a thing of beauty.....I just couldn’t help myself

These are the exact set ups that have served the midlands great in terms of snowfall. Remember for it to snow it doesn't have to be minus 10 and with a raging easterly! I remember jan 2013 it wasn't blistering cold but served up a few big snow events!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Next Wed? these for Saturday, a long way off though in snow terms

Thanks for the correction, don’t know why I stated Weds when I knew it was Saturday.....teach me for not reading my post before posting it

Edited by Dancerwithwings