Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted

Looks like a Cheshire Gap streamer is trying to set up. 

Posted
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

The Midlands with its winter coat on.

1CE7A462-6050-466E-8F55-0EABD2E7328A.jpeg

Note the prong of no snow that is the majority of Stoke on Trent.  *Shakes fist angrily in the Moorlands direction!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Note the prong of no snow that is the majority of Stoke on Trent.  *Shakes fist angrily in the Moorlands direction!

I thought all of Stoke saw at least some snow yesterday. Loads in Longton. Just far south enough for it.

Edit: Just realised you’re in the far north of the area, more sheltered by the Peak District.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Looks like a Cheshire Gap streamer is trying to set up. 

looks like something over Stoke, can see it to my north, hail the most likely? although missing here to the east

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

looks like something over Stoke, can see it to my north, hail the most likely? although missing here to the east

Weird. That went right over me and produced nothing. Didn’t even notice it cloud over.

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I thought all of Stoke saw at least some snow yesterday. Loads in Longton. Just far south enough for it.

Nope we got sod all  Had a dusting that lasted about 15 mins which then mostly melted away within the hour after and that was it, dry as a bone all day here. Sun even came out for a couple hours.  

We do still have some frozen snow left from the absolute dumping we had a few nights ago, so any 'snow' you see up here is from then, though that's rapidly melting now too.   

6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Missed us and went over Newcastle. T'was sleet according to my mother.

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
2 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Aperge 6z again still showing the risk of some sleet and snow as fronts push in this week. I think it will probably be patchy and transient. Maybe a bit more substantial over the hills.

There could be something to this. You never know!

The return to milder conditions looks messy and brief.

D2FD65FD-D0DC-49D7-9B0D-648462AD87D7.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
17 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

There could be something to this. You never know!

The return to milder conditions looks messy and brief.

D2FD65FD-D0DC-49D7-9B0D-648462AD87D7.jpeg

Ive been looking at the models   the Arperge as been very bullish regarding Wednesday night into Thursday     a few days ago it was snowmaggedon  for many parts.  Its backtracked slightly  but it wouldnt take much for many regions to see snowfall.  Icon as in some respect  come towards the Arperge solution    although still not perfect.  One to watch for sure. 

Posted

3C here so thawing, thankfully dew point below 0C. Don't understand why it's so warm today, especially as it was so cold last night and forecast to be solidly negative again tonight.

Posted
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

Edit: Just realised you’re in the far north of the area, more sheltered by the Peak District.

Had brief showers of very light Snow in most of Stoke on Trent yesterday Matt. I live between Talke / Kidsgrove area as you know and we had nothing. Work for Sids taxis, and working last night all around Newcastle under Lyme, Shelton, Stoke by Stoke Station and no Snow. So think Longton only place in Stoke that had it yesterday lol. We need it further North like last week, for us really. South events arnt good for us.

Posted
1 minute ago, Andypvfc said:

Had brief showers of very light Snow in most of Stoke on Trent yesterday Matt. I live between Talke / Kidsgrove area as you know and we had nothing. Work for Sids taxis, and working last night all around Newcastle under Lyme, Shelton, Stoke by Stoke Station and no Snow. So think Longton only place in Stoke that had it yesterday lol. We need it further North like last week, for us really. South events arnt good for us.

Ideally what we need is if it comes from the South we need the Northern limit say around Manchester. Whereas if it comes from the North we need to Southern limit say around Birmingham then it would give the whole of North Staffs/South Cheshire a good chance. These events like yesterday just don't work for us.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

Very localised then. Full on winter wonderland and very heavy snow from Longton down to near Stone on my walk. Front stalled just in the right place for me.

Weird that it’s so ‘warm’ today. A lot of snow melt.

Posted
1 hour ago, Ryukai said:

Nope we got sod all  Had a dusting that lasted about 15 mins which then mostly melted away within the hour after and that was it, dry as a bone all day here. Sun even came out for a couple hours.  

We do still have some frozen snow left from the absolute dumping we had a few nights ago, so any 'snow' you see up here is from then, though that's rapidly melting now too.   

Missed us and went over Newcastle. T'was sleet according to my mother.

There was nowt in Newcastle mate. Only person get snow yesterday in the whole of Stoke on Trent was Matt lol. 

A fair bit left in Parksite up from Silverdale last night, but that was from Wednesday nights Snow lol

Posted
4 hours ago, Paul said:

Surprised you didn't get any Andy, we had a 5cm's ish in the morning, with a bit of melt by the end of the day. Pershore dropped to -7.1c in the end. 

We had around 1cm in town, and that had almost all melted by midday

This first picture was the scene in my garden by mid afternoon yesterday.  And a view of some of the fields on the edge of town this morning.

P1050974.JPG

P1050977.JPG

Posted

Arperge 12z  the front struggling to get the front across  on thursday morning     looks like its 100 miles ish further west    result    turns to snow quicker.  Brum North

image.thumb.png.8291283e59be9250b83551621e0b0799.png

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Arperge 12z  the front struggling to get the front across  on thursday morning     looks like its 100 miles ish further west    result    turns to snow quicker.  Brum North

Yep. Does look like the change to milder conditions may bring more wintry weather (ironically). Looks colder again by next weekend as well.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yep, looks about right - everyone who got snow yesterday gets it again.  Down here we just get rain .....  

Posted
4 minutes ago, Essan said:

Yep, looks about right - everyone who got snow yesterday gets it again.  Down here we just get rain .....  

Im sure it wont happen     As it happens icon  is all rain  .  At least you have an Ark of some kind.

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, Essan said:

It wont happen unless a significant shift South even for the North Midlands.