Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Also love the lack of marginality of this event, west front which has basically delivered all snow since Ireland. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
13 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Pretty much stopped here too.

Took this pic earlier - knew there was a reason I left my Christmas garden lights up

DE078B16-7A18-4870-B91B-A7C4DAA67FEC.png

Looks magical, Fizzychops

I think we're at the end of the road now for this event. It's been a good one here! Not the same level as the accumulations that some people are reporting, but I'd say we have a good 6-7cm. I would have snapped your hand off for that, a few days ago! 

• Like 2

Posted

Just measured 12.5 cm level snow 

a good 3 cm added between 5 and 7 ! 
what an event that turned out to be , the most laying snow since dec 17 . Great fun out with the family twice today ????❄️❄️
if it doesn’t snow again I’ve had my fill . 
don’t get me wrong would love another 2/3/4 events ❄️❄️❄️❄️
still can’t quite believe how far north and east the system got in the end !! 
reports of 20+cm is really good . 
im glad all ( I think all ) in the midlands saw at least 5 cm . 
it’s been a reletavely cold and snowy 5 weeks ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
hope everyone has enjoyed today 

Until next time peace out ??

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, nobble said:

Just measured 12.5 cm level snow 

a good 3 cm added between 5 and 7 ! 
what an event that turned out to be , the most laying snow since dec 17 . Great fun out with the family twice today ????❄️❄️
if it doesn’t snow again I’ve had my fill . 
don’t get me wrong would love another 2/3/4 events ❄️❄️❄️❄️
still can’t quite believe how far north and east the system got in the end !! 
reports of 20+cm is really good . 
im glad all ( I think all ) in the midlands saw at least 5 cm . 
it’s been a reletavely cold and snowy 5 weeks ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
hope everyone has enjoyed today 

Until next time peace out ??

Amazing day! quarantine/furlough, normally wouldn't be on here/enjoying it, makes me even like quarantine on days like this

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Just over 11cm here, what a awesome event, looks like skies are starting to clear from the NW, ready for the freeeeze 

• Like 5

Posted

Got to say, this winter is turning into one of my favourites of all time despite not being severely cold and the snow amounts not being enormous (but not bad!). It’s distracting me from the fact I’m completely alone throughout this lockdown.

I don’t think I’ve ever see so many significant snow events in one winter before, and 19 days of snow cover so far!

The only spells that would beat it would probably be November/December 2010, March 2013, and the 2018 Beast from the East.

Had I still been living in London, this winter would suck. Although they did have a decent fall of snow today so it would probably be one of the best winters I saw in London. Their winters really are dreadful.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Got to say, this winter is turning into one of my favourite of all time despite not being severely cold and the snow amounts not being enormous (but not bad!). 

I don’t think I’ve ever see so many significant snow events in one wintry before, and 19 days of snow cover so far!

The only spells that would beat it would probably be November/December 2010, March 2013, and the 2018 Beast from the East.

Had I still been living in London, this winter would suck. Although they did have a decent fall of snow today so it would probably be one of the best winters I saw in London. Their winters really are dreadful.

mine too, shows deep cold not needed, chances too last few days Jan and through Feb, although deep cold very unlikely

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

If all the snow had cleared by daytime, with maximum nocturnal cooling we could have seen -10C+ 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Got to say, this winter is turning into one of my favourite of all time despite not being severely cold and the snow amounts not being enormous (but not bad!). 

I don’t think I’ve ever see so many significant snow events in one wintry before, and 19 days of snow cover so far!

Spot on with that, excellent past 4 weeks, and those times youve mentioned were better, ill never forget december 2010!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Got to say, this winter is turning into one of my favourites of all time despite not being severely cold and the snow amounts not being enormous (but not bad!). It’s distracting me from the fact I’m completely alone throughout this lockdown.

I hope I live to see a month as good as dec 10 again .

snow on the ground for a month

-15 c 

once in a lifetime I reckon 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Well I’ve just got back in from my second visit to Elmdon Park and there wasn’t a single soul in it and with a fresh covering sledging was awesome  

It’s a mug of hot chocolate and bed for me ...Thanks all

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, nobble said:

-15 c 

great month! but didn't have snow all month here, was a bit milder with full thaw from 9th-16th, then more snow from 17th, Xmas Day below 0 and sunny, then milder last few days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yup got to agree with many others. Today has more than delivered.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, nobble said:

-15 c 

That's still the best I've ever seen. Will never forget -11C at mid-day in Liverpool. Snow that had fallen a few days ago had the consistency of sand because it was so frozen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Well what a Sunday it's beeen hope every1 got in on the action today. An event like 10/12/2017 here's some photos sorry if the quality isn't all that good guys as i said before i do have really really poor eye sight.

PHOTO-2021-01-24-19-37-53 2.jpg

PHOTO-2021-01-24-19-37-53.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
20 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Agree! Good to see that you did something about it and moved from London to Stoke. When I see people on here complain/ moan about the lack of snow and they’re on the south coast or low ground southern England I can’t help but laugh! If they are so desperate for snow they should do something about it and move - inland, higher up, further north. 

Yep best snow stats since Winter 2017/18 (November-March) At this point in Jan I was on 12 days of snowfall compared to 13 days for this season - very close. If we get a cold/snowy Feb then I can imagine it will be on par or beat 2017/18. 

Will have a final check of snow depth tomorrow morning but as Nobble said earlier I think it will be close to 12-13 cm. The batch that moved down in the evening looked like it gave a few extra centimetres.

Overall happy, Feb could be mild and I would be content but the child in me says more! 

Edited by AppleUK 123
  • Like 2

Posted

Well, after the return of the front we now have approx 0.00mm of snow in Evesham .....     What a waste.

Just light, patchy, sleety snow, most of which quickly melted again.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Finally stopped here in coventry roads will be atrocious in the morning! But what a great day it has been! 9cms i measured in my back garden the heaviest fall since dec 17! Now whens the next cold spell due

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Skies clearing here. Temp has dropped to -1.2C.