Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
Just now, AppleUK 123 said:

Same heavier and flakes have got a bit bigger. Outside has the bright reddish hue that you get when there's snow cover, amazing

Yes this is a particularly beautiful event. Lots of snow, clinging to the trees and branches with that hue you mention and that lovely muffled sound. 

Obviously in this forum we are all like minded individuals but I find it amazing that people don't get that "magical" feeling when it snows. 

• Like 6

Posted

I might be wrong but looking at the radar for my area Shirley. The snow seems to be approaching from a north easterly direction.  There is a mass of snow north of Tamworth I may be wrong ( I guess this is the amber related warning mass), if this follows the north easterly direction flow  it will be in the Birmingham area within two hours. This front has been the most interesting in years. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Will be interesting to see once this event is completely finished how many have of us have experienced greater snow depths than during the Beast From The East. I suspect parts of Derbyshire and Staffordshire may have seen more from this event although I may be wrong

Posted
Just now, stripeyfox said:

Yes this is a particularly beautiful event. Lots of snow, clinging to the trees and branches with that hue you mention and that lovely muffled sound. 

Obviously in this forum we are all like minded individuals but I find it amazing that people don't get that "magical" feeling when it snows. 

Absolutely very picturesque out there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Beast from the east are never that exceptional for these parts, sod the dry cold air for weeks, we just need these west to east snow events then a milder incursion then back to it again. This winter has felt more winter like than many years 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

As the band slowly moves back Southwards, we may actually see more snow fall than we had earlier! This is a lot more slow moving  as it heads South. Yes, it will fizzle out as the night wears on, but 3-4 hours of light-moderate snow will certainly add another 5cm or so, to some areas.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Will be interesting to see once this event is completely finished how many have of us have experienced greater snow depths than during the Beast From The East. I suspect parts of Derbyshire and Staffordshire may have seen more from this event although I may be wrong

difficult to say, beast there was a lot of drifting snow, like over a foot in places, none at all in others, where it had blown, think I thought around 10cms average then

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Definitely better than the Beast from the East for us here in Polesworth. Managed to get about 5cm so have had a lovely long walk in it. It’s just starting again now so hopefully a nice top-up ready for a late night walk. It’s gorgeous out there.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
6 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Same heavier and flakes have got a bit bigger. Outside has the bright reddish hue that you get when there's snow cover, amazing

Like this, although camera doesn't do it must justice as its much brighter.

142243797_977001639374571_1290701096289526982_n.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
25 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

Yeah, im sure atlantic 252 and mattstoke have probably seen the most, then west of brum we have done pretty well lets be honest. 3 significant falls during the last month, then bham and east/east midlands probably as it stands?

I would have to disagree with that only the higher parts of Birmingham done well this winter apart from today

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Like this, although camera doesn't do it must justice as its much brighter.

142243797_977001639374571_1290701096289526982_n.jpg

We don't get that round here anymore  council replace the sodium lampposts with those awful useless white LED things that make everything darker  It just takes on a dull greyish hue.  

Enjoy it whilst you can  

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

difficult to say, beast there was a lot of drifting snow, like over a foot in places, none at all in others, where it had blown, think I thought around 10cms average then

Yeah , all I have noted was 10cm with drifting on the 2nd March (Storm Emma) with 2-3cm on the 1st and 3rd, so probs was closer to 15cm snow depth than the 10cm I have now

Posted
1 minute ago, dvdfjojo said:

Definitely better than the Beast from the East for us here in Polesworth. Managed to get about 5cm so have had a lovely long walk in it. It’s just starting again now so hopefully a nice top-up ready for a late night walk. It’s gorgeous out there.

It does look amazing. I can't stop staring out of the window. What a treat! It was lovely at the park earlier seeing everyone enjoying it and all the kids having fun. After being cooped up inside for weeks/months it was a great tonic for everyone.

As I look out at the snow clinging to the fir trees in my garden it reminds me of when I took the kids to Lapland and we did the husky sled ride. Absolutely stunning!

• Like 3

Posted

Here in Upper Gornal, the Beast from the East definitely delivered more.

The most I've seen here since I moved here was March 2013. That was exceptional in these parts.

• Like 1

Posted

Young kids by us are confused  they have hardly ever seen more than 2cm of snow that hasn't melted before they got their wellies on.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, high ground birmingham said:

10 December 2017?

Ooops forgot bout that how could i!!i would say its getting very close to that in this part of the midlands!!been out in the snow all day!!anymore chances this week?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yeah hard to gauge the snow then was the fine powder type

20180303_100558.jpg

20180302_171520.jpg

20180303_085607.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Best event since 2013 hands down!!!still snowing and got bout 12cms here!!!and an amber warning just come out!!whats not to love!!!

Given your contributions to this forum, you have deserved it Sheiky!!!

• Thanks 1