Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
1 minute ago, RobR said:

So the amber finally comes out (still not convinced by the validity of one) however isn't the worst set to move south now?!

The warning seems to suggest the  intense snowfall will remain in the north Midlands. But as it pulls away the rest of us feeding off scraps. 

Posted
1 minute ago, WelfordRd said:

Yeah it's hard to tell with the sky as its naturally starting to get dark now. Might not look at the radar as its becomes obsessive and its not showing good stuff for us 

complete agree on this, its almost like people are looking for the fall, nice to enjoy the moment and not worry about when the snows gonna stop!

Posted
9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Stafford just out of that! but dosen't matter great stuff here

It stopped snowing here as soon as that warning came out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Light snow starting again here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
21 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Happy snow day evreone.❄❄❄

Glad all the Midlands got snow. Nice few hours in the hills sledging and enjoying a nice snow walk with the family. To the one dude concerned earlier I went with family and stayed in my family bubble and avoided people.

Looks like its coming back down to leave a few more cms widely across the mids might push me close to a wopping 15cms.

Models are hinting at a repeat performance next weekend also lol.

Make the most of it guys and girls especially in these tough times we deserve some Joy with our family and nothing better than making a snowman or sledging. ⛄⛄?

We have had 17cm here in south west derby. Had a great day, didn’t look like we was going to get any before midday then finally started snowing around midday. First hour was wet snow and didn’t settle much then about 1.30pm the blizzards started and never stopped since. Best snow we have had for a while. Didn’t expect this much today. It’s coming down heavier again now. ⛄❄️

6C649B04-19DC-4A38-9CAE-E2222D34A6C6.jpeg

F2244C14-A9FC-4EEE-9068-884D56A08EAA.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Can't grasp the delay with the amber if I'm honest. Covering their backs?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Good old weather symbols/maps from the Met Office, I’d forgot all about them, it was only because I was looking at the warning ⚠️ I came across them..

still love em

30D9A016-B525-410F-9ECA-4DA3775C4AF3.thumb.jpeg.1fef02a4e2e8202237ee301993adcdc2.jpeg For 18:00

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 minutes ago, nobble said:

9.5 cm level snow , happy with that

and still snowing ??❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

would guess same here! still snowing too, hopefully moving slowly S/SW then clear from the north and -5 tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
6 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

It really has been some event hasnt it? Still excited to see if we can get another cm or two this evening (Expecting it to weaken a fair bit) but id say a number of spots have got 10cm give or take by the end of the day, and obviously blythe bridge over to derby/nottingham probably 15cm on average! Power of balance right there, we're all fairly well even stevens

Yeah although the W.Mids has recorded more days of falling snow/sleet than the E.Mids (for the most part), when you probs combine total snowfall this season (including this event), it should now be more even, although I still think Stoke probably has had a higher total combined snow depth

Edited by AppleUK 123

Posted
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

Good old weather symbols/maps from the Met Office, I’d forgot all about them, it was only because I was looking at the warning ⚠️ I came across them..

still love em

30D9A016-B525-410F-9ECA-4DA3775C4AF3.thumb.jpeg.1fef02a4e2e8202237ee301993adcdc2.jpeg For 18:00

Posted
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

still love em

30D9A016-B525-410F-9ECA-4DA3775C4AF3.thumb.jpeg.1fef02a4e2e8202237ee301993adcdc2.jpeg

Shhhh....we get enough scrunity with MO symbols on here as it is, don't add actual geography into our mind games!

Posted
1 minute ago, Eskimo said:

Seems a strange onr its about 6 hours late in coming. 

Posted
Just now, AppleUK 123 said:

Yeah although the W.Mids has recorded more days of falling snow/sleet than the E.Mids, when you probs combine total snowfall this season, it should now be more even, although I still think Stoke probably has had a higher total combined snow depth

Yeah, im sure atlantic 252 and mattstoke have probably seen the most, then west of brum we have done pretty well lets be honest. 3 significant falls during the last month, then bham and east/east midlands probably as it stands?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
1 minute ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Yeah although the W.Mids has recorded more days of falling snow/sleet than the E.Mids (for the most part), when you probs combine total snowfall this season (including this event), it should now be more even, although I still think Stoke probably has had a higher total combined snow depth

Matlock or Buxton is the clear winner.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Gord said:

Shhhh....we get enough scrunity with MO symbols on here as it is, don't add actual geography into our mind games!

Posted

This makes up for the years of near misses in my backyard. All those oh so nears!

Well done to all those who have had a good day and commiserations  to those who have missed out. It's nice that every once in a while, the hope and the chase pay off!

And with that, I will pour myself a glass of wine and carry on watching the lamp post!

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, MKN said:

Seems a strange onr its about 6 hours late in coming. 

And it's covering area's that haven't had any heavy snow...  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
4 minutes ago, Eskimo said:

I'm utterly bemused by it. Large areas of the country have already had snowfall that warranted an amber warning.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
3 minutes ago, Eskimo said:

Yeah it’s a bit odd, almost like they’ve thrown it out retrospectively to cover the fact they possibly should’ve issued one much earlier! Given it appears to be edging south now & still looks pretty strong shouldn’t areas further south be issued with one also? Met office app now switched to heavy snow 6-9pm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff
3 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Yeah although the W.Mids has recorded more days of falling snow/sleet than the E.Mids, when you probs combine total snowfall this season, it should now be more even, although I still think Stoke probably has had a higher total combined snow depth

Looks like we've got some heavier stuff coming our way soon

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, cold stoke said:

Nothing in kidsgrove 

We often miss out with these type of events mate, as Stone far South of Stoke tends to be the Northern edge. Like I say prob more Northwest based where we are on the Cheshire Border above Red Bull / Butt Lane

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
3 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

still love em

30D9A016-B525-410F-9ECA-4DA3775C4AF3.thumb.jpeg.1fef02a4e2e8202237ee301993adcdc2.jpeg

Always very satisfying seeing the heavy snow symbols across the entire region! 

I forced myself from yesterday evening not to look at the MO automated forecast, as I knew I was just going to have an emotional rollercoaster seeing the snowfall symbols go from 0 to 10 back to 0 lol! Glad I did so and just kept an eye on the radar. Will definitely do that more often.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Chasing Snow
Just now, Gustywind said:

Yeah it’s a bit odd, almost like they’ve thrown it out retrospectively to cover the fact they possibly should’ve issued one much earlier! Given it appears to be edging south now & still looks pretty strong shouldn’t areas further south be issued with one also? Met office app now switched to heavy snow 6-9pm!

Probably Nowcasting the Warnings. Lol, fully agree the Amber shouldve been out first thing this morning, but must admit it was a very sensitive situation with the sweet spot. Now it is clear with the Amber warning where the sweetness was. 

• Like 1