Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

down to dew points, and ppn intensity

Heavy precipitation with marginal dew points will give us temporary (slushy) accumulations for sure, we've had a fair few of those spells

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Fair enough, the most recent one in my memory is boxing day 14. Rain all day then after sunset it turned to snow and easily settled.

Yes I remember that one because we were watching Leicester play and when we came out of the stadium it was raining and an hour later we had several cms on the ground!

Posted

Would I be correct in thinking this'll be unlikely to deliver much of anything here, been too far west, at least in terms of accumulative snow, as I think some flakes falling at least seems possible?

Posted
18 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Yes I remember that one because we were watching Leicester play and when we came out of the stadium it was raining and an hour later we had several cms on the ground!

I can remember an similar occurrence down here in Southampton in around Feb ‘78 I think. I was at ArtCollege at the time and It had been bitterly cold for several days all week, with a hard frost most nights. 
Then on the Thursday evening a group of us decided to attend an evening lecture starting at 7pm, so we adjourned to the Student Union bar at around 5.30. When we came out at about ten to seven, felt much milder and was starting to rain.

Sitting in the lecture theatre although there were no windows, I could hear the rain absolutely pouring down, and cascading from the guttering. After an hour or so, the sound of the rain diminished and then stopped. I thought no more of it, I just thought it would be very wet under foot on the walk back to the station after the lecture.

However, when the lift doors opened in reception, the sight through the glass walling was astonishing, huge amounts of snow on the ground and a near white with falling snow. It was impossible to get home for two days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!
44 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

eh? bring a post up from 5 days ago? fairly accurate no? EC more snow chances post Wed??????

It was stuck in my comment box and I couldn’t get rid

Posted
1 minute ago, Mike Machin said:

I can remember an similar occurrence down here in Southampton in around Feb ‘78 I think. I was at ArtCollege at the time and It had been bitterly cold for several days all week, with a hard frost most nights. 
Then on the Thursday evening a group of us decided to attend an evening lecture starting at 7pm, so we adjourned to the Student Union bar at around 5.30. When we came out at about ten to seven, felt much milder and was starting to rain.

Sitting in the lecture theatre although there were no windows, I could hear the rain absolutely pouring down, and cascading from the guttering. After an hour or so, the sound of the rain diminished and then stopped. I thought no more of it, I just thought it would be very wet under foot on the walk back to the station after the lecture.

However, when the lift doors opened in reception, the sight through the glass walling was astonishing, huge amounts of snow on the ground and a near white with falling snow. It was impossible to get home for two days!

haha yes. I remember many years ago (probably around 1992 or 93 maybe but don't hold me to it) I went to see a film at the cinema in Nottingham, It might have been "The Bodyguard" but not sure. I went with a girl and it was pretty good as a date. It was raining when we parked up and went into the cinema. When we came out we had to dig the car out of the snow, all in the space of a 2 or 3 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Good evening guys.

Got in soaked all day never stopped, soaked loading up in morning soaked delivering soaked soaked soaked... 

I was abit dispondant today glanced at the model thread this morning and it was all knashing of teeth and toys leaving prams so was thinking we will be stuck missing the cold still.

Anyway people seem excited in here now so maybe it's not all bad. As the rain kept coming today I thought this must be the snow risk coming in but  I guess it's later tonight. It was 6c in the van then was 4c from around 2pm.

Now 2.6c and a DP of 1.6c

wind is ENE now so that's interesting.

So if anything comes now it will be rain unless the temps fall away quickly from now.

Dare I look at the other threads is it still all doom and gloom?

How are we looking for cold chances?

Posted
1 hour ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Would I be correct in thinking this'll be unlikely to deliver much of anything here, been too far west, at least in terms of accumulative snow, as I think some flakes falling at least seems possible?

Maybe a couple of cm,s if we get really lucky 

but I wouldn’t expect anything at the mo . 
best to check in the morning ??

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Great Ouse has gone back into flood conditions again so there has been quite a lot of water today, even if it seemed like drizzle for most of the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Taken from the Mod thread from Tim. Shows a massive shift South on the ECM putting the East mids right in the firing line. Also would give West mids some snow for a time.

SmartSelect_20210113-202423_Firefox.thumb.jpg.88a5b64244b309388cd3cca2da4c6eae.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

Bizarre changes on my meto forecast today (automated, I know) we’ve had sleet appear for tomorrow pm, then show as rain again. Since late afternoon it’s increasingly shown snow. Just now, it’s forecasting 4 hours of heavy snow from 11am, then light snow to 7pm. Has the modelling shifted that much??

63E8E88C-26B6-4E54-81F0-FBDBCB60E94B.png

Edited by Selliso

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Does anyone know what’s happened to Steve murr? He’s disappeared lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Does anyone know what’s happened to Steve murr? He’s disappeared lol

Aye as sheikhy says, good riddance all I say

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Been banned for some expletives the other day!!

No way is it a permanent ban. I didn't see nothing happen on the Mod thread I must have missed it.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

No way is it a permanent ban. I didn't see nothing happen on the Mod thread I must have missed it.

hopefully, weird adult going on immature child, don't fancy being hit by flying toys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

Yeah I missed it too if there was anything lol, how long is the ban? How on earth do u get banned from a weather site lol

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hopefully, weird adult going on immature child, don't fancy being hit by flying toys

I have no opinion on Mr Murr, but I do also remember Atlantic 252!

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Was it down to the bad model run or was it more vindictive in nature. But yh abuse or swearing can't be tolerated.

Posted
2 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Yeah I missed it too if there was anything lol, how long is the ban? How on earth do u get banned from a weather site lol

Apparently to do with his view that Greenland HP evolutions were not possible - quite vehement. Followed the next day by model outputs showing Greenland HP - lots of toy throwing ensued. 

Edited by Selliso

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Pretty bad man!!!dont want to repeat the words he used!!!loved his input as well!!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, snowangel32 said:

Was it down to the bad model run or was it more vindictive in nature. But yh abuse or swearing can't be tolerated.

vindicitive aye, think the aftermath of a dodgy EC 12Z on Sunday