Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
21 minutes ago, MKN said:

Birmingham airport compared to east midlands airport... 

Screenshot_20210113_172153_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210113_172157_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210113_172524_com.android.chrome.jpg

Amazing temp differential across the region!!i reckon where its at 3 degrees now so east of birmingham those places will now stay in the cold category!!

Posted
22 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

updated fax suggests front over Western areas, but question is what will it fall as, milld sector way off to the SE

fax24s.gif?1

That fax chart is waaaay west but whats with the precipitation on every other model being further east across northern and eastern areas!!the fax and precipitation charts dont match unless im missing something!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

That fax chart is waaaay west but whats with the precipitation on every other model being further east across northern and eastern areas!!the fax and precipitation charts dont match unless im missing something!!

Yeah I’m confused too, it will all firm up by the morning I’m sure, have to say Iv been sweating out there today with work. Definitely mild here atm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff
12 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

That's interesting as MO predict we should be at 8C until 21:00 

Yeah we must be right on the border of the 2 air masses, temp now at 5.6C

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, markw2680 said:

Yeah I’m confused too, it will all firm up by the morning I’m sure, have to say Iv been sweating out there today with work. Definitely mild here atm

The temp differences right now are crazy!!i cant get my head around it!!its 3 degrees here in leicester but in birmingham right now its 10 or 11

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

The temp differences right now are crazy!!i cant get my head around it!!its 3 degrees here in leicester but in birmingham right now its 10 or 11

Same here 3C, half an hour drive away from 10C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Big ecm coming not just for snow tomorrow but also for the next 10 days!!!im going for around 2 or 3cms tomorrow from the ecm!!!!unless it has shoved it eastward or further west!!keep me up to date guys with what the ecm shows im just going to pick wifey up from work!!the chart for tomorrow should he out in the 5 mins!

Posted
view-of-the-peak-district.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The Peak District is home to a wide variety of magnificent hills, moors, outcrops and gritstone edges.

Interesting forecast for Peak District 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!
On 08/01/2021 at 09:21, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

slow thaw now I think, less cold air seems to have arrived, EC looks good for more chances post Wed, but not full agreement, GFS pants

delete please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!

Currently 9.6*c here in Worcester!! Let’s see if it does drop off nicely?? Ready for the west mids snow tomorrow- AGAIN!!! Only joking good luck to all in the east of the region ⛄⛄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Temp has dropped 4 degrees in 1 hour! don't see that very often.

Edited by phil b
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, mother nature rocks said:

delete please

eh? bring a post up from 5 days ago? fairly accurate no? EC more snow chances post Wed??????

Posted

Would love a nice surprise for snow to start before sunrise tomorrow. Don't like the fact that the forecast is for it to turn to snow midday, worst time for something like that to happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Although I think we may get some sleety stuff here I’d say Leicestershire is probably the sweet spot for the Midlands at this stage, although could change and move east or west come the morning. As always height is key 

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

Would love a nice surprise for snow to start before sunrise tomorrow. Don't like the fact that the forecast is for it to turn to snow midday, worst time for something like that to happen.

not sure, evenings seem harder, 11 Feb last year, white out 2pm ish after heavy rain, 5 Jan '98 the best one at midday

early mornings hard too, 27th Feb last year, never turned when forecast around 4am

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not sure, evenings seem harder, 11 Feb last year, white out 2pm ish after heavy rain, 5 Jan '98 the best one at midday

early mornings hard too, 27th Feb last year, never turned when forecast around 4am

Fair enough, the most recent one in my memory is boxing day 14. Rain all day then after sunset it turned to snow and easily settled.

Edited by Snowy L

Posted

I will be very surprised if MetO dont issue a yellow warning in the early hours, if not tonight.

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

Fair enough, the most recent one in my memory is boxing day 14. Rain all day then after sunset it turned to snow and easily settled.

down to dew points, and ppn intensity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Still at 8.3C here over North Wolves, 18.20.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
1 hour ago, markw2680 said:

It’s like a spring day out there lol, massive drop needed for anything white here, I’m not convinced unless my good friend shefali says snow 

She will be picking up the ECM forecast from this morning.

So the answer is 'the machine says no'......    BUT there just might be some somewhere.

MIA