Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Looks like there could be some ‘marginal’ snow chances coming up, but as ever best not to get carried away with a single model run.

Btw does anyone know what happened to Steve Murr? I haven't seen him post recently

Edited by AppleUK 123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
54 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

I'm guessing that corrected too far west for the Midlands? I was in Liverpool at the time and that was the absolute sweettpot, got a foot of snow from that one.

Yes, Shrewsbury got a dumping, here nothing

Posted
44 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Looks like there could be some ‘marginal’ snow chances coming up, but as ever best not to get carried away with a single model run.

Btw does anyone know what happened to Steve Murr? I haven't seen him post recently

Forum a much better place now, but don't rule him out posting again and throwing his toys everywhere in a major sulk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

fax48s.gif.c8a97472d29e630948019181a0638

Great fax ( posted on mod thread)  front further west  struggling  against the East    looking more promising every minute 

Aye, we are in the mild sector Wed night, I posted them in model thread, but Thurs further west, perhaps a few wet flakes? not expecting much else being realistic

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, we are in the mild sector Wed night, I posted them in model thread, but Thurs further west, perhaps a few wet flakes? not expecting much else being realistic

To be fair nor me   however more chance than yesterday   one to keep a little eye on 

• Like 1

Posted

In the meantime, to get your snow fix, have a look at this wonderful website and select Stockholm!

76a102e0-4873-470d-b8ce-2e4b8addf160?aut
DRIVEANDLISTEN.HEROKUAPP.COM

Listen to local radio stations while driving through the cities around the world.

Edit: Just clicked back into Stockholm on it...and it's not always snowy! Must have different video feeds. Can't even get virtual snow sometimes!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
15 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Gfs p going for some really heavy snow on thursday!!!!!widely across england!!!

Best tell BBC then. Shi..

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
3 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Best tell BBC then. Shi..

Unless it's happening outside of the Manchester studio windows, in London or in France, BBC forecasts just have to be put in the same category as Trumps Inauguration 21 and Wales sends Sheep to Mars headlines.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The BBC graphics today have constantly been 12 hours behind. 

The met were the first to adjust there forecast and I thought the BBC would of cottened on by now. 

The fax clearly show the wave which slows the front never actually making to Eastern England then slipping South, id expect some snow in the midlands Thurs and expect further slight westward shifts 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Can’t wait for shefali to forcast all that snow over the tops of the peaks!! Arrrrrr I’m already getting irritated lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
7 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Can’t wait for shefali to forcast all that snow over the tops of the peaks!! Arrrrrr I’m already getting irritated lol

Ye im looking forward to her retirement shes got to be close surely she's been doing it since I was a kid lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Saw this feature a day or so ago but we may have to keep a closer watch on the type of precip falling from this drifting down from the NW now, temp still at -0.3C here, not tempting fate but....................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
1 hour ago, sheikhy said:

Yep its trending West every run. Another 30 miles West and Midlands could be in the fun and games I would say you probably already are mate being further East. Good luck

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Nice upgrade for Thursday again significantly further West and South.

SmartSelect_20210113-052841_Firefox.thumb.jpg.b1717c592d1141f88a922dd87d0f20ea.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
13 hours ago, AppleUK 123 said:

He gave us a detailed explanation of why with 95% certainty a Greenland high wouldn't occur, then the models gave us run after run of a Greenland high developing, so he got the hump ?‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 hours ago, sheikhy said:

hmmm, wonder if it will be similar to 14th Jan 2013, dumping for Leicester, none here just a thaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
1 hour ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

He gave us a detailed explanation of why with 95% certainty a Greenland high wouldn't occur, then the models gave us run after run of a Greenland high developing, so he got the hump ?‍♂️

well he'll be back later then!

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

well he'll be back later then!

hopefully not, seems to say on the other side, replying to warrenb's post, banned until 1 March

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1