Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted

Arrived in the city centre for work. As usual, the most snow appears to be around Gornal and Tipton. Still only around a cm. More of a dusting when I got to junction 1 at West Bromwich. A few light flurries in the headlights too.

Surprised to see there’s even a good dusting here in Birmingham city centre.

The main roads are in good shape. A bit slippery around Tipton station and Tipton leisure centre on Alexandra Road though. Plenty of gritters out this morning.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Most of this band looks to be heading for Shropshire/Wales IMO 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Looks like it's a miss for the vast majority of the Midlands. Localized snow showers is probably the best we will get.

20210108_042505.thumb.jpg.55338981b4fc03015168715d97147a98.jpg

Edited by xSnow

Posted

Don’t forget how last Saturday (I think?!) the band was sinking south as it moved south west at the same time.

If that makes sense!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
2 minutes ago, xSnow said:

Looks like it's a miss for the vast majority of the Midlands. Localized snow showers is probably the best we will get.

20210108_042505.thumb.jpg.55338981b4fc03015168715d97147a98.jpg

I disagree, this is exactly where its meant to be at this time, it's all sinking south, it was always going to be Friday afternoon before the heavy stuff gets hear, this morning it's lighter, but it's a developing situ and best to radar watch now, iv exceeded shafalies prediction already so all bets are off lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
49 minutes ago, tom_f123 said:

Most of this band looks to be heading for Shropshire/Wales IMO 

Yeah just missing us oh well got a light dusting. At its rate of travel I would say between 12-3 if any white gold was going to fall in Warwick 

Edited by Fozfoster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
8 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Yeah just missing us oh well got a light dusting. At its rate of travel I would say between 12-3 if any white gold was going to fall in Warwick 

I'd say the heavier stuff yes however im in Warwickshire and I'v got a decent covering and it's snowing now albeit light 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

I’m in Warwickshire too and it was snowing very lightly yesterday evening but nothing now. I’m expecting sleet/rain tbh. I’m optimistic for later in the month though once this incoming mild ‘snap’ is over

• Like 2

Posted

Next lot is closing in on here but most of it appears to be heading for Wales and Shropshire. Rest of the Midlands may be feeding on scraps, I’m afraid.

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

Next lot is closing in on here but most of it appears to be heading for Wales and Shropshire. Rest of the Midlands may be feeding on scraps, I’m afraid.

I'v already done better than many areas up the Northwest, and better than what that crap shafali said would be on the tops of the peaks, her words not mine! Iv already got 2 cm and it's snowing well, 

The fact it's heading into Wales it swings back around southeast, also remember you have this secondary low moving down into the low already in place over England, which explains the random developments we continue to see on the radar, pic to follow in a min when take dog out 

Posted

Especially for you guys

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!
4 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:
default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Shawbury last 24 hours weather including temperature, wind, visibility, humidity and atmospheric pressure

1-2C with light rain, drizzle and mist for hours and hours on end, even after how cold it was last night, even with the wind direction changing from SW-SE-N-NNW, when even the lightest stuff is falling as snow at lower elevations 40-50 miles away, with lower temps and dewpoints there in the same air mass. This is what Shropshire gets, its nowhere near the coast either. What on earth can it be that makes this sort of thing happen so often?

Feel your pain, 7 miles down the road in Madeley they had a dusting of snow, yet here in Hadley nothing just cold rain!  I though I was pretty elevated as well.... 

Posted

Well, let's hope that the temperature and dew points stay below freezing (especially dew points)  here it's already -0.4'c temp, and -0.6'c dew points, which is VERY marginal for snow.

I fear as the morning goes on, the dew points will creep above zero and we'll get cold rain

At least we had a slight dusting here, although it's measurable in MM, rather than CM....maybe 0.2mm of snow depth lol

Anyhoo, yesterday was awesome, with a heavy frost and not climbing above minus 2'c all day :-)   at least it actually feels like winter this year, even with no decent snow (so far....fingers crossed!!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Between 1.5 and 2cm

at home . Travelling to work in no mans Heath , once past Lichfield very sparse snow , picked up in Clifton campvile and coming down steadily in no mans Heath ! BD9D579B-8AB2-4156-8A89-1A3027E44B91.thumb.jpeg.18092eb09721656e15a03dac57a985db.jpeg

Posted

Original metoffice warnings make sense now, completely missing most of us 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

All went west as said what a supprise least the roads won't be bad just depressing.

Still pretty cold so we have that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just had a flurry stopped now, could be my lot as does not look like much today, perhaps a few flurries, still white from last night

20210108_075845.jpg

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

Don’t forget the warning was mainly for the icy conditions, last night’s light snowfall has made things quite slick this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

The front from the north is going to miss us isn't it?  (East mids Imby).     still, bit of a covering out and still frozen!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Done quite well considering location hoping for more 

IMG-20210108-WA0016.jpeg

IMG-20210108-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Funny the way weather goes. Last night looked liked just a few flurries at most, with today being the main event. It’s turned out the complete opposite. Still a chance more could spread in here later but it looks like this could be it for this cold spell. Not been a bad one here!

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Funny the way weather goes. Last night looked liked just a few flurries at most, with today being the main event. It’s turned out the complete opposite. Still a chance more could spread in here later but it looks like this could be it for this cold spell. Not been a bad one here!

Seems to be thawing a bit here, largely gone from roofs and ground getting wet.