Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What we need is a classic Atlantic vs cold battle.....which if the cold wins delivers loads of snow...for a good 12 hours.. a foot of snow...and then a gradual thaw....but at least you get loads of snow 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, #windysnow# said:

What we need is a classic Atlantic vs cold battle.....which if the cold wins delivers loads of snow...for a good 12 hours.. a foot of snow...and then a gradual thaw....but at least you get loads of snow 

What I want too, in quarantine, and makes this website so exciting

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
1 hour ago, NorthantsNimbus said:

One of the crappiest winters so far for these parts absolutely load of crap

Haha you sound like me. We have had snow falling from the sky when it has not missed by a mile either way but it's all melted a pathetic dusting at best.  There may be chances yet to come. 

Posted

*Keeps an eye on the new big blob that's formed over to the North East.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

There’s plenty of showers coming into Lincolnshire area so will have to wait and see how the night goes, will they reach here and will they be snow or sleet

RAIN.....temp is rising rapidly...just been outside......drip..drip..drip

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
Just now, #windysnow# said:

RAIN.....temp is rising rapidly...just been outside......drip..drip..drip

No sign of drip drip here....yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Iv not saw a flake from that dumping lol 

Posted

The 18z GFS output sees plenty more snow chances. So we are probably looking at at least 8 days in which there is an opportunity.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, MKN said:

The 18z GFS output sees plenty more snow chances. So we are probably looking at at least 8 days in which there is an opportunity.

it is amazing! go tits up tomorrow though, EC is crap

Posted
29 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

i can guarantee south shropshire spots where you wont see another person? Infact im struggling, aside from cardingmill, to think of anywhere that would be super busy?

Normally they aren't apart from Cardingmill/Stretton and the Stiperstones but this year everywhere has been much busier. Looking on Shropshire Facebook pages has put me off it. The empty bit if there is one would be down around Clun but that's over 30 miles from here, just as far as Stoke (if we could go there). 

The English bit of the hills round Oswestry is where I'd go at the moment to get above 200m and avoid crowds, but by all accounts that area has done even worse than Shrewsbury in this spell! Rain when it snowed here on 29th and dry the rest of the time.

Posted

Drillo

4 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Normally they aren't apart from Cardingmill/Stretton and the Stiperstones but this year everywhere has been much busier. Looking on Shropshire Facebook pages has put me off it. The empty bit if there is one would be down around Clun but that's over 30 miles from here, just as far as Stoke (if we could go there). 

The English bit of the hills round Oswestry is where I'd go at the moment to get above 200m and avoid crowds, but by all accounts that area has done even worse than Shrewsbury in this spell! Rain when it snowed here on 29th and dry the rest of the time.

I guess it’s all relative, compared to round here you probably only get about 30-40% of the numbers in south shropshire. Clee hill is my go to; could easily on a peak summers day go up and see less than ten people up the hills (maybe titterstone the busiest spot) but it’s rarely too bad. Failing that cardington isn’t too busy to do caer caradoc and on the west side of cardingmill you’ll not see too many others (pulverbatch) but aside from the national trust car park at cardingmill or church stretton; it’s sufficiently open enough to not get too busy if you avoid the prime walking routes 

Posted

Well wasn’t much snow forecast for today when I looked last night ! 
had 2.5 hours of snow this morning 

had 3 hours on and off this evening 

tomorrow is a new day and will be day 7 in a row with snow on the ground !!!

can easily see it being 20 consecutive days of lying snow !!

very dec 2010 esq

allthough after the late March snow of 2013 it stayed unseasonably cold and we had snow in our front garden till mid April ❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 4

Posted
52 minutes ago, MKN said:

18z GFS is showing the sort of precip charts i was hoping to see for this coming Easterly. (More precip and more of which is snow) They only show mainly light precip atm but thats pretty standard gfs in this scenario, the actual will likely see fairly localised  areas hit with heavy showers and if your under a streamer type set up it could be fun. Lets hope the improvements continue.

Got any charts for tomorrow evenings streamer and monday tuesday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Temps look to be riding through the night meaning we won't even be able to sustain this snow cover during darkness

Posted

Yeah I can hear it very slowly melting away, but if it does melt a bit, nothing we can do really! Until the next opportunity. Still a fair few have seen snow this week which let’s be honest, has been a nice bonus 

Posted
13 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Got any charts for tomorrow evenings streamer and monday tuesday?

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.719145fe79f0290385e675a69da146d5.png

These are the types of charts. Not particularly heavy but thats because gfs is covering a wider area than would likely be the case. It could just be a 10 mile wide area that keeps getting peppered all day albeit with some movements north or south from time to time. The Short range models hopefully start to pick up precip in more detail as we get closer but even today at +12 they weren't all that great.

prectypeuktopo (1).png

Edited by MKN

Posted
14 minutes ago, MKN said:

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.719145fe79f0290385e675a69da146d5.png

These are the types of charts. Not particularly heavy but thats because gfs is covering a wider area than would likely be the case. It could just be a 10 mile wide area that keeps getting peppered all day albeit with some movements north or south from time to time. The Short range models hopefully start to pick up precip in more detail as we get closer but even today at +12 they weren't all that great.

prectypeuktopo (1).png

Oh man its looking really good for us!!!!

• Like 2

Posted

Finally caught a decent snow shower in Evesham; covering thr ground ....   Whether it is still around in the morning is another matter!  But nice to see 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

There's a streamer setting up,, rapid development, and I'v just had a decent snow shower on very low ground, so the night may well produce ?‍♂️