Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Snowed but not going to stay long.

Posted

Very light snow between Gloucester and Cheltenham. Hope it gets heavier but nice to see regardless ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Andrew_WSM said:

Such a shame it's not settling, getting on for 2 hrs now of snow. 

I know,  a little gutting,  but still nice to see though. 

Temp still only 1.5c and DP 0.5c. Not bad for 2PM. If it Carries on, you never know temp might drop as it gets darker !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall

Have even got a few sleety blobs in the rain here a few miles north of Weymouth.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Starting to settle now still coming down quite heavy .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

Huge flakes falling here now but struggling to settle on the roads and paths. It’s doing quite well on the fake grass though, much to the dogs delight!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

After an hour of light to moderate snow its picked up in intensity and started settling in Yate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Little balls of frozen snow,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Temp is actually dropping here, now 1.2c and DP 0.3c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

More rain.. another month with an above average total.  124.4mm at the moment. Lower and upper Frome on flood alert..

2.7°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Still snowing on and off, alternating in intensity. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Light / moderate snow with pretty big flakes for a while, but now back to a sleety mixture. Temp 1.8°C

Posted

Been snowing here for an hour or so and fairly heavy at times but struggling to settle on anything other than cars, roofs and grass.  Still nice to see and unexpected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 hour ago, noggin said:

Dawn, are those buxus/boxes in the pots? They look lovely and green (although getting whiter!)

Hi Noggin, how's life treating you? All good I hope. Yes they're in pots, they're my babies, two round, two conical; I grew them from 2inch cuttings I took over 20 years ago now. I have to have a strict quarantine regime with them, always avoid them when I've been to work and never use the same tools there/here as virtually all the Box at work has been wiped out by Box Blight. I've also got Box balls in the borders, also from cuttings, a few years ago one of them was struck by blight so I cut it back to the trunk, no green left at all with the intention of removing it in the autumn. The bare trunk sprouted before I got round to taking it out, it came back clear of blight and has been thriving ever since. Phew!

Talking of work....I'm supposed to be working now doing my other job (making stuff) requires 100% focus and concentration to needle felt, working with very sharp barbed needles and snow falling outside the window is a recipe for stabbing fingers,

• Like 1