Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looks like end is in sight for me I give it 15 mins or so before lighter edge moves in.

Lovely to see though I expect shower after main event will turn sleety with the thaw in place soon. Temperature creeping up 0.2c

• Like 1

Posted

Does any one know what's up with the strange radar cone that starts West of Winchester and covers the area? I used to think it was just odd, but today it's clearly showing the weather for somewhere else if you look at the last hour? It's there on other radar services not just nw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.
3 minutes ago, trevw said:

Does any one know what's up with the strange radar cone that starts West of Winchester and covers the area? I used to think it was just odd, but today it's clearly showing the weather for somewhere else if you look at the last hour? It's there on other radar services not just nw

Anomalous propagation I think, quite often get spurious returns in this sector.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

I can hear the snow hammering on the bedroom window just rain as expected but great to see many in the region getting snow. Loving the pics.❄️❄️

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, trevw said:

It's a shadow on the Dean Hill site. Been like it for ages.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!
35 minutes ago, Alderc said:

As expected. Just rain here in BH12, only a mile or two inland it’s all snow

I know, it’s raining heavily here now when I got up around 4 it was quiet and lovely and frosty.... all gone now of course. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
7 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Road bike in..mountain bike out... 

20210124_063239.jpg

Nothing like that in weston, nice to see it falling but in terms of lying snow it's a bust! Can see why though looking back at the radar, all the heavy precipitation passed to the north & south of here & the band of precipitation was a lot thinner compared to even a few miles either side lol. Oh well, here's hoping Feb cab deliver us all some more snow events. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Well I'll be damned, woke up to 2 inches of snow here. Nothing at all when I looked out at 4am, didn't expect anything when I got up so lovely surprise. Still snowing but radar says it's nearly passed through already. Anyone know whether it is supposed to pivot and come across again?

• Like 3

Posted

Well we didn't have much of a southerly wind off the sea here and it seems it started as freezing rain, then the temp rose to 0.7C but it turned to snow on the back edge, there's a dusting of large flakes on the cars etc, above frozen sleet and ice. It's a bit of a frozen mess outside.

Now have a big clump of showers just arrived from the west, it's 0.1C, and it is... raining!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

Well I'll be damned, woke up to 2 inches of snow here. Nothing at all when I looked out at 4am, didn't expect anything when I got up so lovely surprise. Still snowing but radar says it's nearly passed through already. Anyone know whether it is supposed to pivot and come across again?

Well I don't think so jeth but ive noticed met office app has light snow almost all day forecast for mendip so maybe shower activity will pep up soon?

Im keeping eye out as thaw will start lower down soon and I might need to take my daily excercise up on mendip 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

Just started to snow here!  

Light at the moment.

Here’s HARMONIE 0z take on the track and pivot, this model has been quite consistent on the last few runs:

anim_jen5.gif

If anything, the precipitation looks a bit stronger on the radar though.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Lousy phone pic, still too dark to get a decent one. 

snow feb 2021.jpg

• Like 8